Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We have been talking with Stephen Lander at CML about making a more flexible top deck. Might be a more economical way to achieve extra chassis flex.

What do you guys feel you can gain from the extra flex that can't be achieved with the car currently? Just trying to pick everyone's brain.
dont bother with top deck. My chassis is narrower but the biggest difference is near the bulkheads i have cut a lot out there and i gained alot more side bite. But the front is cut a little more for steering. This is flex after the top deck so no loss of corner speed. I was happy with the car after cutting.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Christian,

I have been waiting for another great part to order with more springs to keep the shipping down, and you've done it again and made exactly what I wanted with the fan mount. When are they ready to ship?

Also, the suspension block locks, is it possible to add an option to buy just 2? I would only use them on the rear.

I was also going to wait for the AE gear diff but seeing the Spec-R diff for a nice price I might just get one, are they in stock?

As for the narrower top deck, I am wary of going to too much flex, you can go too far from what I hear so I would wait to hear from testing before I bought one.

Cheers,

Neal
Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
That sucks....... My other generic 30mm fans lasted a whole season hardwired
I'm sure those other fans never output as much cfm as the tornado tho
Old 08-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I usually prefer to have the suspension create/maintain traction rather than chassis flex. Car seems more consistent to me this way in my opinion.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We have been talking with Stephen Lander at CML about making a more flexible top deck. Might be a more economical way to achieve extra chassis flex.

What do you guys feel you can gain from the extra flex that can't be achieved with the car currently? Just trying to pick everyone's brain.
Top deck would be the easiest. I've ran stock top deck with back cut out on low bite condition and it worked well.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwood
Hey Christian,

I have been waiting for another great part to order with more springs to keep the shipping down, and you've done it again and made exactly what I wanted with the fan mount. When are they ready to ship?

Also, the suspension block locks, is it possible to add an option to buy just 2? I would only use them on the rear.

I was also going to wait for the AE gear diff but seeing the Spec-R diff for a nice price I might just get one, are they in stock?

As for the narrower top deck, I am wary of going to too much flex, you can go too far from what I hear so I would wait to hear from testing before I bought one.

Cheers,

Neal
Hi Neal, we just sold out of the Yokomo spec r diffs. We should have some more within 10 days though.

At the moment, there are no plans on selling the block locks in sets of 2.

The fan mounts are about 4-6 weeks out. They just went into production.

EVERYBODY: Thanks for the feedback about a more flexible chassis.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Which would be better for flex and generating traction --- A top deck cut out to create more flex (different shape), or a top deck of the same design (stock) except thinner?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Finished 4th in MOD yesterday, but I like to say 3rd considering no one there was going to beat Paul Lemieux

2nd-6th were all qualified within about 8 seconds, so pretty tight group! Could've podium'd but I had a tweak issue with the battery, totally my fault.

Wound up using 16.5 front/15.5 rear, Reflex pistons with 40wt all around, and I had plenty of traction all day long.

I ran a long link up front with a 2mm shim, and a short rear link with 1mm shim. The car rotated great. I can't express the difference having that roll center adjustability makes!

On another note, I put a total of 10 or 11 runs on that Tornado fan hardwired, and it is still running great *fingers crossed* .....kept my 5.5 with full boost at a cool 120*F all day long.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

On another note, I put a total of 10 or 11 runs on that Tornado fan hardwired, and it is still running great *fingers crossed* .....kept my 5.5 with full boost at a cool 120*F all day long.
You running the 25 or 30mm fan?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

The 30mm. I was more worried about my SXX temps than the motor!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

sounds awesome! Good job.

On the top deck question, I am not sure. But I guess they would just be different and act slightly different.

A thinner material would be more compliant and flex across the entire surface of the CF Plate, a different cut would flex around the more recessed areas. If I was to chose one over the other it would be depending on what I would want to do with the car. A different cut, can isolate the flexing to specific areas such as the front or rear end. The thinner material would be better at distributing the flex through out. It would be cool to experiment with though...
Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

sounds awesome! Good job.

On the top deck question, I am not sure. But I guess they would just be different and act slightly different.

A thinner material would be more compliant and flex across the entire surface of the CF Plate, a different cut would flex around the more recessed areas. If I was to chose one over the other it would be depending on what I would want to do with the car. A different cut, can isolate the flexing to specific areas such as the front or rear end. The thinner material would be better at distributing the flex through out. It would be cool to experiment with though...
Most manufacturers have settled on the same cut, but different thickness, giving different OVERALL flex, but in the same (predictible) areas so that suspension settings can be slightly tweaked, vice overhauled, as top decks are swapped to fine tune overall chassis performance.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

what about a long cut in the middle of the actual top plate?

Removing the 2 screws on front of spur gear is already quite good
Old 08-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

If there was instead a servo mod to turn it 90* and use dual arms, you could get more flex from the stock since you would only have it mounted to the bulkheads (like they are doing on the 2011 XRAY).

Having the top deck mounted with just 2 front screws, 4 rear screws, and no steering connection should provide all the flex you'd need.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If there was instead a servo mod to turn it 90* and use dual arms, you could get more flex from the stock since you would only have it mounted to the bulkheads (like they are doing on the 2011 XRAY).

Having the top deck mounted with just 2 front screws, 4 rear screws, and no steering connection should provide all the flex you'd need.

Cristian, maybe you could make a dual arm steering conversion or a rack (like the TC3) to add to your product line. Just a thought ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.