Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Those will be a while. They are not too high on our priority list right now.

The sticker sheet design is done now. They have been sent to be quote already.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
You can always have decals made at upgrade rc, they have our logos.
And do great work!
I have a couple of radio skins with Reflex Racing logo's and they are top notch!

The 6 hole pistons sounds interesting really. Will definetly try them out.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennisV
I need that decal too . Congrats with your result!
how about a setup sheet??
Old 11-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The sticker sheet design is done now. They have been sent to be quote already.
So when do I have to place an order to receive one sticker sheet?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi chris , could you update the sping chart on your web site in the RSD6 TECH PAGE . with the new spings you have
thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Shock body I.D. = 10.00mm
Piston O.D. = 9.90mm
Shock shaft hole is either 2.50mm or 3.10mm depending on which shaft you use (RCXX or RCM shcok)

Let me know what you can do or what might work.

Thanks
Hi CT, any luck with this?

Thanks
Those will be a while. They are not too high on our priority list right now.
Thanks CT, was curious if these are similar in size to the Tamiya shock? Or do you have the size specs on your pistons posted somewhere on your site? If so where?

Thanks again.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks CT, was curious if these are similar in size to the Tamiya shock? Or do you have the size specs on your pistons posted somewhere on your site? If so where?

Thanks again.
I think a page two two back Christian posted the sizes of the various makes of pistons. I think the Tamiyas were in the list he made. I might be wrong though. Maybe search for posts by Christian on this thread and look back the last 4 weeks.

AWD
Old 11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

The dimensions of the serpent shock are similar to the Tamiya. What is the thickness of the piston? That's where it would all be different.

Our piston is probably too big for the Serpent shocks. The AE piston size is a little bigger than 10.00.

We are still looking at alternatives. However, thickness dependent, you might be able to use Tamiya blank pistons, they come with 6 indentations on them, so you can probably make them work on the Serpent.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default I'll do one better

Originally Posted by oldnoob
hi chris , could you update the sping chart on your web site in the RSD6 TECH PAGE . with the new spings you have
thanks
been compiling this data for a while. The newsletter finally went out, so I wrote a little article about it, this is it:

http://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com...art_ep_58.html
Old 11-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Please feel free to link the page and spread it across the web, including the forum. This is VERY Valuable information that is not often accessed. The biggest advantage over other spring charts is that these are all tested on the same machine, using the same process, by the same person. It is extremely accurate, and we will add to it as we go along the way.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Please feel free to link the page and spread it across the web, including the forum. This is VERY Valuable information that is not often accessed. The biggest advantage over other spring charts is that these are all tested on the same machine, using the same process, by the same person. It is extremely accurate, and we will add to it as we go along the way.
This is great.

While terribly self-serving and probably expensive, any chance we could have the XRAY T4 springs tested? I would be willing to ship mine over temporarily for a test. Also, I notice HPI Pink's (from pro4 kit) are missing, any particular reason other than lack of test subjects? I'm guessing AME might be willing to send some test springs also, since they make a high quality product.

Thanks a bunch for this!
Ethan
Old 11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Ethan, send them and I will gladly test them. Hpi pinks are on hand now.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I think a page two two back Christian posted the sizes of the various makes of pistons. I think the Tamiyas were in the list he made. I might be wrong though. Maybe search for posts by Christian on this thread and look back the last 4 weeks.

AWD
Found it, thanks Andrew.

The dimensions of the serpent shock are similar to the Tamiya. What is the thickness of the piston? That's where it would all be different.

Our piston is probably too big for the Serpent shocks. The AE piston size is a little bigger than 10.00.

We are still looking at alternatives. However, thickness dependent, you might be able to use Tamiya blank pistons, they come with 6 indentations on them, so you can probably make them work on the Serpent.
Thanks, I'll take a thickness measurement.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cristian,

Does your test rig let you generate force vs. displacement charts? I'm really curious to see the subtle differences between springs that are the same or similar rate. For example, according to your chart, a Tamiya Yellow is stiffer than an HPI Pro4 Blue, but compressing by hand the Tamiya yellow feels softer.

How much do you compress the springs to arrive at the rate in your chart? Is it a relatively small amount, like what an RC car would actually see on track, or is it all the way to coil bind, or somewhere in between?

-Mike
Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Mike, it might be the type of tamiya yellow. There are so many that it's hard to tell which ones you may have. I tested the white powder coated type.

The way they are tested is at 1/8 in and 1/4 in compression with the spring slightly pre-loaded. It is an average of this. Since most springs are linear, the variation is within 0.1 lbs 99.9% of the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.