Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

We'll also be bringing in the Purple color as well. So the two colors available right now are the Blue and Purple. Estimated date of arrival: March 14th!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
YEAY, PURPLE!!!
8 days to get money sorted, I think I can manage that
Think I'll go for purple, already got a blue Lab.

So how neutral is the standard setup? Indoors on slippy wooden floors it's most important to get rear end grip. Also what kind of stiffness are the kit springs?
Old 03-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
How does the Cuda R2 deal with the grim that we get from racing on some less then perfect surfaces...tires dust and just the track itself can get all over the insides of our sedans...I know of the enclosed box that helps...but is the car able to handle a less than perfect racing surface for very long?

Great info on the 14th! Man better get my tools all layed out in wait to build a new kit!

Jeff
The Cuda will hold up just fine... Just make sure to blow the car off after every run.. and do maintainance on the rear diff about every 2 times that you go to the track and you'll have no problems.. I run on some pretty Sh!tty Outdoor tracks with out diff covers and have not one problem.. ..
The key is to keep things clean!!
-Dave
Old 03-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

How are the diffs themselfs for resisting grime getting in next to the balls? Do they have little sheilds on them or are the diff halfs a nice close fit?

When racing outside can stones get in the big guards and then do more damage coz they can't get out or is it very unlikely for anything to get in in the first place?
Old 03-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
How are the diffs themselfs for resisting grime getting in next to the balls? Do they have little sheilds on them or are the diff halfs a nice close fit?

When racing outside can stones get in the big guards and then do more damage coz they can't get out or is it very unlikely for anything to get in in the first place?
The diffs are the best/close fitting diff halfs I have see they keep 90.11119% of the Crap out

and I don't run the diff covers for that main reason... if it gets in ... it can't get out.... see my point

-Dave
Old 03-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
So how neutral is the standard setup? Indoors on slippy wooden floors it's most important to get rear end grip. Also what kind of stiffness are the kit springs?

The springs.. they are about the same as a HPI light blue or juts a tad bit softer ...The Basic kit set up really does well right out of the box..

But .. I tend to run 300~400w oil in front and about 350~450w oil in the rear..

Man is this going to great when all of you guys get this stuff soon ...

-Dave
Old 03-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

So is it goign to be as good as the tc3? I always wanted to get a exotic car from japan but soon will be able to get one here

Last edited by teamAE; 03-05-2003 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Team AE. .. You'll be just as happy with the R2 if not happier with the performance ....than you are right now with the TC-3
-Dave
Old 03-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

TC3 has a good record but it can't help have so many race wins when there are so many of the darn things out there. R2 has a much sexier woven graphite chassis

Sounds like it's sensible not to use the covers then, does this mean you need washers or something where the covers are bolted on though? suddenly the 14th seems so far away

All you shock oil weights are a little confusing, we use 25-80 here, I would of thought the numbers worldwide would be standardised, ahwell
Old 03-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well here's an interesting turn of events!! I've just recently opened a shop specializing in RC Cars and after making some arrangements with connections in Japan, I also will be able to offer the Barracuda. At present we have an order consisting of Purple,Blue and Red cars. We are also importing a few of the choice pieces from Square. Just like our Barracuda friends out on the west coast...we plan on marketing the Cuda by doing what it does best......RACE IT!! Keep your eyes open for us ...our website will be up soon and the Barracuda will have top billing !! In addition,we'll offer the best stuff from Tamiya,Associated and HPI !!
In The Beginning There Was Chaos,Then There Was ...Evolution Racing Hobbies
Old 03-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default SWEET

seems as if we will have uber cuda parts and kits in the states now i wont have to buy more kits for parts lol
Old 03-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

JDM: Does the R2 in Japan come with 2 speed??
Old 03-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Well lets hope we can help the Barracuda break into mainstream racing everywhere in the world and not just in Japan
Old 03-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just got off the phone with Japan (yes, I am working at 12AM in the morning ), and this upcoming batch of Barracuda R2 is completely sold out (this car is wildly popular in Japan). And we got the last of it, however,we are only getting the blue version in stock right now, and the next batch is due to arrive in May. So those of you that wants one, now it is a good time to put in the pre-order.

We are still scheduled for March 14th arrival date for the car kits and the parts are soon to followed scheduled to arrive March 19th-20th. So spare parts as promised will not be a problem.

Also, those of you that are planning on getting the car kit overseas, I was informed by Alex Racing Japan that most of the shop right now overseas either have the old R1 or the older version of the R2, so just be careful if you decide to pick up your kit overseas Our batch is the latest batch from Alex Racing, so the specs are definitely up to date.

Thank you all for reading, and as always, I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-06-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Ahwell, Blue it is, glad I put a pre order in now
Will there be a pre order up for the spare parts soon?
The time differences must befun for you
If we order spare parts aswell as a kit wil you wait till the spare parts come in and then send both out together or just send what comes in as soon as you get it? A little worried about the cost of international shipping but then again who wants to wait longer for the kit difficult decision.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

JDM:
How do you adjust rear toe on the 'Cuda?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.