Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by crono man
2 questions about the R2

1-why does it use a right mounted motor when all the other brand have changed the motor position to the other side?

2-my concerm with the barracuda is that usually exotic brands tend to disappear and and their models have a very short life span making it hard to find parts,am i just being paranoid or is this concern founded?
Chronoman
Your paranoia seems somewhat founded on our little island, however if you look into what is the hottest TC in the land of TC "J-Land" the Barracuda is the most sought after chassis to find, Alex Racing simply cannot produce them fast enough. Hop-Ups galore from virtually every japanese after market helps to keep the racers going as most of the production parts are for kits being produced
Old 07-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Crono man:

Hi, I had the same question before regarding the battery and motor position. I have a barracuda now and I can tell you that regardless of the battery and motor position, this car is great. I haven't had any breakages except for the spur (I'm still waiting for my SQAURE drive system). I'm the dealer of this product in my country and I will not risk investing in this product unless it is worth investing in and plus the performance factor of the car is superb. The reason why I think most of the other brands moved their battery position on the right side is because the TC3 is the winningest car in major races in the U.S. now and Associated has marketed their product well, so if you are a company trying to compete with the TC3, you might as well do what the other camp is doing because it seemed to have worked well for them and they also have very good drivers in the team which adds to the marketing zest. The torque steer is not an issue. My cuda handles far more better than my TC3. It easily reacts to tuning changes while the TC3 needs more tuning input just to alter its handling characteristics to your liking or driving style. I am not saying that the TC3 is not a good car, its a matter of choice and driving style. The cuda suits my style and it is very durable. Haven't broken anything yet so far. I am not a PRO or a good driver so I am prone to very spectacular crashes, the cuda has held its place so far

Btw, any of you guys have tips on carpet set up for the cuda? Redbull fix, any suggestions? Thank you
Old 07-03-2003, 02:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
As far as buying a web special good luck finding one now there where only a 100 made.

now for the R2 speedtech has them in stock and parts are easily order threw them

Steve will have every part that you would ever need for the R2 just drop him a e-mail and he can help you out

also Ko Racer took the words right out of my mouth on the WEB R2...."GOOD LUCK"

-Dave
Old 07-03-2003, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

Fatboy Joe.....

which Barracuda do you have..????? a R1 or a R2...?

Because if you have the R2 that Square motor mount will be usless because it only works with the R1 chassis

-Dave
Old 07-03-2003, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Dave: Please e-mail to me [email protected] to reply the PM.Maybe my PM system has problem.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
Dave: Please e-mail to me [email protected] to reply the PM.Maybe my PM system has problem.
check your pm now TS

-Dave
Old 07-03-2003, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
check your pm now TS

-Dave
Your turn.

Or should I check the PM immediately after you sent??
Old 07-03-2003, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Dave: Do you know any brand have sliver Aluminum Clamp Type Hex Hubs?I want 1 set for my Pal ver.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

JDM_DOHC_SiR: I got the R2. Good you informed me coz I already ordered the mount. I guess I need to cancel it immediately. I've been having a hard time getting in touch with Speedway Pal. I've already sent them a couple of email inquiring about their product because I was planning to carry their parts in my country for the Barracudas. Do you know anyone from their end that I can get in touch with? Again, thanks for the tip on the mount. You just saved me $50. Thanks very much
Old 07-03-2003, 08:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Fatboy Joe - If you can't get a hold of Speedway PAL, and just want their mount, check out Speedtech, Steve stocks the Speedway PAL drive system.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Randman: Thanks, I'll email steve regarding the part.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys has anyone ran a protoform alpha 2 on the r2 yet cuz if it handles half as well as it looks itl be gr8 and if they have ran it how does it handle compared the the startus 2 if you have run 1
Old 07-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
JDM_DOHC_SiR: I got the R2. Good you informed me coz I already ordered the mount. I guess I need to cancel it immediately. I've been having a hard time getting in touch with Speedway Pal. I've already sent them a couple of email inquiring about their product because I was planning to carry their parts in my country for the Barracudas. Do you know anyone from their end that I can get in touch with? Again, thanks for the tip on the mount. You just saved me $50. Thanks very much
Glad to be of help....now here`s the thing about Speedway PAL...they personnaly wont sell stuff out of the country though them due to the fact that they had some stuff copied a while back(Product D)..anyways they will sell the parts to a distributor and that distributor will send it to the Retailer...I.E. Speed TECH...

SO as of Now Steve at Speed Tech is the only guy that you can order the PAL Systems from in the States ...unless you can speak Japanese

-Dave
Old 07-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by John_S
hey guys has anyone ran a protoform alpha 2 on the r2 yet cuz if it handles half as well as it looks itl be gr8 and if they have ran it how does it handle compared the the startus 2 if you have run 1
Alot of the Japanese Guys that O race with are mow switching over to the ALFA 2.0 on there Cuda`s......I haven`t drove the body yet....but I`m in the process of getting a couple to try out

-Dave
Old 07-03-2003, 07:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Will the Speedway PAL stuff for the Web Edition need to be ordered directly from them, or will Steve be able to get it for me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.