Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 07-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Will the Speedway PAL stuff for the Web Edition need to be ordered directly from them, or will Steve be able to get it for me?
you have a PM
Old 07-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
Dave: Do you know any brand have sliver Aluminum Clamp Type Hex Hubs?I want 1 set for my Pal ver.
TS you have a PM too
Old 07-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Chronoman
Your paranoia seems somewhat founded on our little island, however if you look into what is the hottest TC in the land of TC "J-Land" the Barracuda is the most sought after chassis to find, Alex Racing simply cannot produce them fast enough. Hop-Ups galore from virtually every japanese after market helps to keep the racers going as most of the production parts are for kits being produced
True very True..

Also the R2 just one it`s 1st Modifed Big Race at Yatabe Arena for round 118.... TQ and win!!

Also I`ll be Going to Yatabe Arena on the 13th of this month for the Big Japan Sportsman Class showdown for the Expert Class 23T...if all of you have been following the Barracuda at all...you`ll know that this is were the Barracuda got it`s Nationa win last year...so we will see if the R2 can do the same this year... ..I`ll have a bunch of Race reports and Pic`s fo all of you Cuda Drivers..

-Dave
Old 07-04-2003, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Reading through recent posts I understand that the Barracuda is gaining in popularity in the Japan area.

I'm not surprised because it looks a great and very well engineered car.

I have raced Yokomos for years and run an SD at present.

I also have an RC shop from which I sell most makes, but will not unfortunately be selling Barracudas, despite the fact that I wouldn't mind oing so, or for that matter running one myself.

I will explain.

I e-mailed Alex Racing proposing to start importing and selling Barracudas in Malta. I got a reply from Xenon who asked me a number of questions which were in any case answered in my original mail.

They then told me that all their European distribution was being done through a German firm. I got onto that firm's website but all I could find was off road cars, mainly Losi, and not a single mention of Barracuda....anywhere.

No wonder you don't see any Barracudas in Europe. Clearly Alex Racing are perfectly happy to just stick to selling their cars in Japan, and letting the other manufacturers enjoy the not inconsiderable sales of Rc products in Europe.

I suppose I'll have to stick to selling Yokomo, Associated, Losi, Corally, Schumacher, and all the others.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by johnbull
Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Reading through recent posts I understand that the Barracuda is gaining in popularity in the Japan area.

I'm not surprised because it looks a great and very well engineered car.

I have raced Yokomos for years and run an SD at present.

I also have an RC shop from which I sell most makes, but will not unfortunately be selling Barracudas, despite the fact that I wouldn't mind oing so, or for that matter running one myself.

I will explain.

I e-mailed Alex Racing proposing to start importing and selling Barracudas in Malta. I got a reply from Xenon who asked me a number of questions which were in any case answered in my original mail.

They then told me that all their European distribution was being done through a German firm. I got onto that firm's website but all I could find was off road cars, mainly Losi, and not a single mention of Barracuda....anywhere.

No wonder you don't see any Barracudas in Europe. Clearly Alex Racing are perfectly happy to just stick to selling their cars in Japan, and letting the other manufacturers enjoy the not inconsiderable sales of Rc products in Europe.

I suppose I'll have to stick to selling Yokomo, Associated, Losi, Corally, Schumacher, and all the others.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
HI Joe...

well for starters the Barracuda in Europe is marketed under a different name...Trox Explode ...or something like that...anyways...ALEX Racing has alsways been very picky on who they let distrubute there car...since they are made on a very small production scale... Parts are easy to come by in Japan ...it`s just the Kits that are a pain to get ahold of

anyways ...I`m a big beliver in this car...and alot of People that are driving SD`s in Japan are doing the switch over th the Cuda.... no problem in mY book...but the top cars in Japan seem to be
1) Yokomo SD
2) EVOIII
3)Barracuda R2
4)TECH My 02 R Type
5)TC-3
6) MR4 TC
7)414mII
8)Kawada Sigma
9)HPI Pro 3
10)YM-34 Si

-Dave
Old 07-04-2003, 07:02 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Its kinda funny when a hobby shop can't get them and would like to sell them. Johnbull would be the kind of shop/person Alex racing would like to promotoe their cars. He is a nice guy, runs alot of races, sells alot of touring cars, and is always on the net helping racers with their Yokes, which he would do if he could get the Alex racing stuff. Seems like the kind of guy I would want selling my stuff!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Joe - The R2 is known as the Triox Explode in Europe, check their website http://www.triox.de/ I have a hard time navigating it because the text is in (german??) but you may have some better luck.

The R2 offers some really unique pieces, that I havent seen done before, or in a long time. Pivot ball mounted A-Arms eliminate bending hinge pins. A floating center shaft should have the smoothest drivetrain out. The camber mounts are very high up, and longer than most cars, and I havent driven the R2 yet to know exactly what will happen because of that, but I would think it will have a smooth, but responsive reaction. I cant wait to get my Web Special on the track and see what it's capable of.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Johnbull you got PM

guys it's the Triox X-Plosion
lets just say I'm not a fan of Triox they certainly seem to be helping Alex Racing with not having to make too many kits....

I agree that Johnbull getting a Cuda would be a great thing for the rest of us, he seems to do lots of testing of his cars and knows what he's talking about.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

That's definately true, as Dave is the biggest contrubutor to this thread, Johnbull is to the SD thread.

I was close with the Explode, at least I knew the website
Old 07-04-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

For Pal R1,what is the minimum weight I should add on the electronics side in order to balance the car?
Old 07-04-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Dave: PM was returned to you.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. greetings from Malta.

WYD. RANDMAN. HERMINATOR.

Thanks for your kind comments.

I got into the Troix site before writing my previous comments. They appear to be mainly into off road. It's all in German, and there is absolutely no mention of the Barracuda or any of the other wonderful things Alex Racing Design produce.

The impression that I got, as a businessman, is that they are more interested in selling Losis, and having the Barracuda exclusivity for Europe and just keeping it quiet, is better than having it as a competitor. I may be totally wrong of course. I wonder how many Barracudas they have sold in the whole of Europe?

I agree with you all that it looks a super car. Although I haven't seen one "in the flesh" it certainly looks beautifully engineered. You know how I love my Yokes, but I would be very glad to play with one of those, and possibly even run them for myself and Josh next race season. We could end up with another championship double, this time with Barracudas.

Troix are in fact trying to sell the car under a different name and with very different specification. But frankly if Alex Racing aren't interested in selling, then I'll just stick to selling Yokes, TC3s, etc in the knowledge that I have the full factory support.

Back to the Yoke SD site folks.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

JDM_DOHC_SiR: Hi, I just got a reply from the export representative of Speedway PAL and they will be sending me a parts list soon. It took a while to get a reply but atleast it was very positive.

Alfa 2.0 vs Stratus 2.0......the Alfa is better than the Stratus but that is my opinion. The first time I tried the Alfa was on my LOSI XXXS-G+ and it was the Alfa body made by LOSI. Tons of steering, very aggressive and very stable on the straightaway. The Stratus 2.0 seems abit understeer for my taste and is not that aggressive. Im now using an ALFA Protoform on my R2 and it just makes the car ultra aggressive yet still hooked up on the corners. I can let off late and gas earlier (but that's the characteristic of the R2), Alfa 2.0 is very stable. I packed away my Stratus 2.0 when I tried the Alfa. Although if you will compare the LOSI ALFA vs the PROTOFORM ALFA 2.0, the LOSI ALFA is still a bit more aggressive than the protoform.

If you are driving a LOSI, you will love the R2. First time I tried the R2, it felt like a losi but after awhile and after a few shock position changes, it is more better than a LOSI. Faster corner speed and better acceleration. Always hooked up in corners and no matter how sticky the back of the car is, the car doesn't seem to understeer. The more you throttle up, the more that car will turn in aggressively. I can take tight corners still with power on hand, ready to pounce on the car in front of me. It's a great car that's why I'm selling my LOSI and recently sold my TC3 but again, its a matter of choice and how you tune your car to your liking.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe

If you are driving a LOSI, you will love the R2. First time I tried the R2, it felt like a losi but after awhile and after a few shock position changes, it is more better than a LOSI. Faster corner speed and better acceleration. Always hooked up in corners and no matter how sticky the back of the car is, the car doesn't seem to understeer. The more you throttle up, the more that car will turn in aggressively. I can take tight corners still with power on hand, ready to pounce on the car in front of me. It's a great car that's why I'm selling my LOSI and recently sold my TC3 but again, its a matter of choice and how you tune your car to your liking.
sounds like a similar thing to what I found when I switched from my RC Lab, at Carlisle's SMTCA event, out of the tighter corners I could get on the power early and hard and just blow the other cars away in a short straightish section between many corners, was really quite fun

Johnbull they have a bit about the X-Plosion on the triox site, you have to look for the news bit and then scroll the top bar bit across to the right then click on it, still not much use since it's in German but as you say, they don't seem to be doing much to help sales of the car in Europe, they certainly aren't looking too hard for a UK Distributer
Old 07-04-2003, 12:44 PM

Default Square Drive System

I found out that Square makes motor mount plus drive system for R2 like PAL drive system. Any difference? Square motor mount looks like heat sink design.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-drive-system.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.