Discharging/Equalising

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discharging/Equalising

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

doesn't have an auto cutoff.......and as i said before.

i dont have time to keep an eye on my batts, i just put them on to charge and dont take notice of it until the charger bleeps at me....
Old 09-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by raving-monkey
doesn't have an auto cutoff.......and as i said before.

i dont have time to keep an eye on my batts, i just put them on to charge and dont take notice of it until the charger bleeps at me....
Yes it does. It prevents the cells from going below 0 volts. You can keep the GP3300s on there for up to 96 hours.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

you don't want your cells to go below 0.9 (well thats nimh's) or they will go intoa deep discharge, and left long enough they will never recover....

anyway, i am going to the lhs tomorrow so i will be picking up a novak smart tray if they have any in stock..wooohooo!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by raving-monkey
you don't want your cells to go below 0.9 (well thats nimh's) or they will go intoa deep discharge, and left long enough they will never recover....

anyway, i am going to the lhs tomorrow so i will be picking up a novak smart tray if they have any in stock..wooohooo!
I bring my cells down to 0 and they work great. I only leave them on the tray for 24 hours. Oh well, just trying to save you $60.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

i appreciate your help, but jkerr0043 said he has had nothing but problems with his integy stuff...and i doubt he is the kinda guy that isn't going to look after his stuff...

about 80% of the people i have spoken to have recomended the novak smart tray..the other people that didn't recomend it was people that hadn't tried it.

seen as though i dont have a turbo 35 thingy (and never will..to expensive ), please could someone recomend a discharger, atleast 20amps and at a reasonable price.

as i would prefer to discharge my batts first and then equalise them..

thanks
Matt
Old 09-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Try the Deans bulb discharger. It discharges at 20 amps. Or you could go to www.onlybatterypacks.com and purchase one of their bulb dischargers and cutoff switches. It would be cheaper.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

ya make one than buy the relay that cuts off at .9 a string of 1157 car bulbs does the same thing
Old 09-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

raving- what charger do you have? Does it have any kind of a discharger on it?
Old 09-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

i could make my own discharger..my dad has a degree in electronic engineering..and hes good in this kinda stuff (Well not in r/c, hes dumb with that ..but in electronics in general)

he has access to high quality zenna diodes (things that make it cut off at a certain voltage) and resistors etc...just the time making it, the cost of parts would make it cost about 50-60 pound anyway (zenna's are 8 pound each )

anyway.....im not to keen on these bulb discharger thingies, as if one bulb gets broken, or goes out then your discharger wont discharge will it .

you don't wanna know what charger i have, it would be an embarassment to this forum ...all you need to know is it does 1-14 cells, 0.3 to 5 amps and has a 1.5a discharger or something

it does its job perfectly, i don't see the need for a £400 turbo 35 thingy
Old 09-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds like it may be a Novak Digi Peak? Am I close? You don't have to go all out and get a GFX. LRP competition is a great charger. CE makes the Pitbull. All these are good chargers.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

not novak (its probably under the novak name over there though)

its a "prolux digi peak"

here it is (this is the BMI version, mine is yellow and blue)

like i say, it does the job fine, its like the saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it!"

won't be able to afford something like a pulsar comp/pulsar 2...need to buy this touring car tomorrow (meeting the guy) so i can do the HPI juniors and the british indoor winter series

are there any chargers that have a discharger built in..and an equaliser (if its possible) built in to?
Old 09-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Futaba's dosen't have an equalizer but I beleive it charges each cell individually with an optional tray you can buy. That would be something for the major electronics players to take a look at though. An all in one unit that can charge individual cells, discharge and equalize, all on one unit. Charlie, Steve, you guys listening? Imagine how much of a splash that would make. May be cost prohibitive though.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

the pulsar has a "matching" feature doesn't it?

whats that all about?

i think my best option would be just to get the novak smart tray...and get a discharger (but i'm stull stuck on which one to get )
Old 09-04-2004, 12:58 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not to forget the Protrak as you´re from the UK. Awesome product. I´m using one since more than two years and it´s the best I ever had. If it´s a little too high for your budget look at Ebay. I bought a second unit at Ebay UK not too long ago!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

protraks are 250+ new, they still go for just short of 200 on ebay....not every 15 yr old in the world has that much to spend on a charger (when they only need the discharger bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.