Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YoDog
You are going to have to be a bit clearer in your description.
If you hold the spur while also holding one of the "rear" wheels, the other "rear" wheel should not spin freely by hand. What should happen normally is... if you hold 1 wheel and give slight throttle, the other wheel should spin under power. This is how a differential works. You can also hold the other wheel and do the same slight throttle and the free wheel should now spin. If not, your diff is too loose or damaged.
If the suspension is set correctly, none of the wheels should lift off the ground.
Do us a favor and set your car on a table and take a close picture from the front and rear of the car showing how the suspension is set. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Without the power being on, gripping the spur gear, holding we'll say the right wheel at the same time, the left wheel rotates, vice versa.

It won't let me add links, says I'm not allowed...

Search me on fb Angel Kamirov, I have a public folder set called rc stuff.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyevchevski
Without the power being on, gripping the spur gear, holding we'll say the right wheel at the same time, the left wheel rotates, vice versa.

You've got 10 posts now, so you should be allowed to post pictures. There's also a gallery on your user profile on this site where you can add pictures.

The left wheel should not rotate without forcing it under that situation, you may need to tighten the diff. Even a properly tightened ball diff will slip if you force it hard enough though, how hard are you twisting it?
Old 07-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you hold the spur gear and turn one wheel in one direction the other should turn in the other direction. If you hold the spur and pinion from turning and push the car on a good grip surface and your wheels turn, as opposed to skidding, your diff is to loose.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

I've uploaded some pics to my profile.

And yes, holding both rear wheels and turning the spur gear, did in fact have free rotation.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just going by eye on those pictures, it looks like your front left wheel is possibly partially raised, sitting at rest. Check your droop screw isn't jacking it up a bit.

Also, try tightening the rear diff. It may need a rebuild if it has been run that loose for a while.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Just going by eye on those pictures, it looks like your front left wheel is possibly partially raised, sitting at rest. Check your droop screw isn't jacking it up a bit.

Also, try tightening the rear diff. It may need a rebuild if it has been run that loose for a while.
I tightened up the rear diff, that fixed the free rotation issue.

I'll tweek around the droop screw and see if that makes difference.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Tech Initiate

After making adjustments, it still pulls left, especially when I really get on it.

Also, can the same diff that is in the rear also go in the front? If bought new ones?
Old 07-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Front & rear diffs are interchangeable.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

I've uploaded some pics to my profile.

And yes, holding both rear wheels and turning the spur gear, did in fact have free rotation.
I can see day light under your left front tire and a little under the rear right.
You can adjust the upper turnbuckles to fix this.
Also, find the center of the front of the car & mark it, then slowly lift the front up to see if both tires lift at the same time. Adjust spring spacers & droop as needed. Repeat for the rear. Simple tuning trick to use as apposed to buying tuning tools.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Do I need to extend the them or retract so to speak?

By the way guys, I really appreciate your time trying to help me out with this. It has been a pain in my arse. All I want to do get practicing again and maybe get back into racing.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

The outer edges are off the surface. This means you need to extend them.
Thanks for the appreciation. You're just living one of the joys of buying used.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Alright, I made the adjustments on the buckles, which did help a little and also changed the rear tires which ended up improving the cars performance by a lot. A little more fine tuning and I think she will be good to go.

Yessir indeed, it was worth it though, just needed some work, time and patience.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks again guys!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks again guys!
Thanks for asking . The more you work with suspension tuning the more you well like it. Have fun.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I'm gonna work on that some, they seem a little tight. Too much oil in them I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.