Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

I honestly dont think this car will be around as long as the tc3 was and still is. The tc4 is just as good as any other car out there from what I have heard but other companies will most likely make a better chassis and the tc4 is stuck the way it is because it is a molded car. I will give it two years before it is "outdated". Will still be a good car though, just like my tc3.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: AE TEAM

Originally posted by EDWARD2003
Well i went down to check out the worlds, it was amazing to see all my top drivers in the flesh. But one thing that stood out in my eyes during the racing, that was the organization of the manufactures pits and thier "team meetings". TAMIYA, XRAY,YOKOMO,HPI,CORALLY. Those teams were on top of there game in every aspect. They had team meetings, talked about set-ups and everying thing they did was flawless! Excellent job!

But when it came to AE, LOSI, and others they were way behind the game. Drivers wouldnt converse on there set-ups and were moving in seperate directions.
Losi cars kept breaking each heat. Some AE drivers we were ignorant. (just a few)

This is were it stood out the most for me!!!
I thought about buying a TC4 for racing, but after seeing one of the AE drivers quote "I am going to throw this peice of shit car up the AE manufactures asses" i have reconsidered and thinking about buying an eurpoean manufactures car.

I kid you not!

Say it isnt sooo wahhhh
Old 11-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: AE TEAM

Originally posted by EDWARD2003
Well i went down to check out the worlds, it was amazing to see all my top drivers in the flesh. But one thing that stood out in my eyes during the racing, that was the organization of the manufactures pits and thier "team meetings". TAMIYA, XRAY,YOKOMO,HPI,CORALLY. Those teams were on top of there game in every aspect. They had team meetings, talked about set-ups and everying thing they did was flawless! Excellent job!

But when it came to AE, LOSI, and others they were way behind the game. Drivers wouldnt converse on there set-ups and were moving in seperate directions.
Losi cars kept breaking each heat. Some AE drivers we were ignorant. (just a few)

This is were it stood out the most for me!!!
I thought about buying a TC4 for racing, but after seeing one of the AE drivers quote "I am going to throw this peice of shit car up the AE manufactures asses" i have reconsidered and thinking about buying an eurpoean manufactures car.

I kid you not!
Edward, you have a PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Tony: "31057 TC4 Anti-Roll Bar Kit (includes 3 bars)" I assume the swaybar kits are sold for one end of the car only, so to install swaybars on both ends of the car you would need 2 kits?

Also, when will the "31062 TC4 Lightened Steel Diff Outdrives" be available?

I haven't finished the car yet. Two of the long silver ballstuds were missing, and another had an incomplete hex in the head, making it difficult to screw in.

Hopefully I can get everything together for saturday.

Josh
Old 11-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

OH OH Someone is in big trouble.

And should be.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Speedo: Yes, the anti-roll bar kit is for one end of the car. You will need two kits to complete the car. We haven't received the final samples yet for the lightened outdrives. Hopefully this week, then we will ship soon after.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Tony. Here's to hoping you can get those outdrives shipped by December. How much lighter are they than the standard steel outdrives, and do they use the D shaped diff ring?

Josh
Old 11-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

They'll use the same ring as the standard steel outdrives (non-D). They are lighter, I just haven't weighed them yet to find out.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Did Baker have the steel outdrives on his car at the worlds?

I'm just curious why AE went with the round diff rings again? It seems like they would slip...Does it have something to do with the material the outdrives are made of?

Josh
Old 11-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Nah, they don't slip....if you build them right.

Not sure what Barry was running....he MIGHT have had prototypes, but I'm not sure they were ours.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gentlemen... Behold!

Check out my rad melted diff from my first TC4 racing weekend!

I had some speed control problems which resulted in my car taking off full-speed ahead right into a wall... during a race... after which it continued at full-throttle against the wall until a marshal picked it up.

As you can see the long outdrive is melted and pretty messed up... the entire diff is fused together with melted plastic. I tried to pry it apart... and I couldn't do it without breaking it

Note that this is by no means a complaint about the car... just thought I'd share my somewhat comical misfortune. Look how messed up that thing is!

By the way... Can I buy an entire TC4 diff in one package, or do I need to buy all the 10 or so parts seperately?

P.S. Love the car... it was running well previous to the meltdown
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-rccar-104_sm.jpg  
Old 11-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Same diff, but better view of destruction
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-rccar-103_sm.jpg  
Old 11-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
OH OH Someone is in big trouble.

And should be.

Why would/should EDWARD be in trouble?

If what he says is true then I don't blame him. I don't know if EDWARD decided not to get a TC4 beacuse of what the driver said about the car or the fact that he acted that way but it's a good reason either way. I have heard(and seen)alot about factory drivers throwing tantrums on the drivers stand and in the pits and I don't think it's right that a professional acts like that. And I thought I would never hear about this kinda thing from the AE camp.

Again, IF what EDWARD said IS true.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Relax Freakah....

I think SpeediePHATT meant a certain TEAM DRIVER is in trouble.....
Old 11-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Torsion,

The complete diff package to get is part# 3913. It may come with bushings but you can rescue the bearings out of your melted diffs.

I will post a question for Tony below that might be the reason as I am building my diffs now and I see a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.