Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think raise is right. The ball studs are attached to the chassis and don't move when you add spacers to the arm mounts. If you lower the arms mounts, the distance between the ballstud and the arm mounts increases. Same thing if you raise the ball studs

Last edited by DOTMAN; 03-30-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by fathead

In that same section the first sentence says "You can raise(I think this should say lower) the front or rear roll centre by lowering the arm mounts, or raising the inner ballstud" now I see your confusion

I hope that clears it up a bit.
Thankyou DOTMAN I didn't pick that mistake up I have edited my post above as well
Old 03-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by fathead
This is the text from page 15 of the TC4 manual

"Also, you can raise or lower the mounts for maximum roll-center adjustability. Simply raise the mounts in equal increments under both mounts and you can raise the roll center"

also from the same page in the section 'Ballstud Height & camber Location'

"A lower roll center will put more weight on the tires during cornering, and increases traction to that end of the car"

In that same section the first sentence says "You can raise(I think this should say lower) the front or rear roll centre by lowering the arm mounts, or raising the inner ballstud" now I see your confusion

I hope that clears it up a bit.
Exactly!!!! that was what was confusing me.

The other thing is...if lowering the roll center (removing shims) gives you more traction then why are most carpet setups using less shims than asphalt setups? I thought you wanted to have less traction on carpet.

sorry for my confusion
Old 03-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by DOTMAN
I think raise is right. The ball studs are attached to the chassis and don't move when you add spacers to the arm mounts. If you lower the arms mounts, the distance between the ballstud and the arm mounts increases. Same thing if you raise the ball studs

OK, now I'm really confused???? I'm thinking lowering the arm mounts RAISES the roll center!!

Where the hell is Tony when I need him
Old 03-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by D_Ames
The other thing is...if lowering the roll center (removing shims) gives you more traction then why are most carpet setups using less shims than asphalt setups? I thought you wanted to have less traction on carpet.

sorry for my confusion
I was quite confused by this as well untill I tried it.

When i thought about it, I think it has to do with the really small diameter foam tyres that we use on carpet as apposed to the much bigger diameter rubber tyres used outdoors.

With the small dia. foams on when you look at the way the bottom arms are angled they are angled down (on my car) much less than they would be with rubber tyres on when the same ride height is used, this is effectively raising the roll centre for the foam tyre setup.

So we take shims out to lower the roll centre down to get it back close to where it was on the rubber setup.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by D_Ames
OK, now I'm really confused???? I'm thinking lowering the arm mounts RAISES the roll center!!

Where the hell is Tony when I need him
DOTMAN was talking about my post before i edited it, It is right now.

Lowering the arm mounts or raising the inner ballstuds will lower the roll centre
Old 03-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

I see....thanks
Old 03-31-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Johnbull

Yes we only use the V2 endbell for practice. It's Corally Pro Series Black modifieds all the way on race days, and yes they are dynamite.
Thank you for taking time to answer!

I'm glad to know you like your corally motors, they don't seem to be so popular in the US and I was wondering why as they are so great and often used by drivers here in Europe and France

One last thing and I'll stop bothering you, how many runs do you get when using the V2 endbell with the 8T compared to the normal one?

Cheers!

Will
Old 03-31-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Johnbull

Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Thank you for taking time to answer!

I'm glad to know you like your corally motors, they don't seem to be so popular in the US and I was wondering why as they are so great and often used by drivers here in Europe and France

One last thing and I'll stop bothering you, how many runs do you get when using the V2 endbell with the 8T compared to the normal one?

Cheers!

Will
i'll also to be interested to know the answer to that.

i will be running an 8t at the nationals this year and it will be interesting to see how many runs i would get between skims/rebrushing.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can someone post pictures and explain all of the mods they are doing to their TC4. I am talking about custom mods like milling on the chassis. And also can JIM_DOHC_SIR please post the optimal weight saving milling options and how much weight they save again please.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Can someone tell me if they're any MAJOR differences between the tc4 rtr and tc4 team?

just from looking I can tell they're the shocks, and cvds. BUt is the parts made from different material? Meaning the xxx-s rtr was plastic and the G+ was ghaphite. Is that the same sorta thing here?

Main reason I want to know is that I can't find a tc4 team in Canada anywere but I did find a rtr out west. I have a xxx-s and mi2 now and I usally mod the crap out of them so allot of the stock parts get thrown in a baggie anyways. So unless there is something I am not seeing I may end up buying a rtr.

Thanks
Jason
Old 04-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I did the battery strap mod and posted pics

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&pagenumber=85

Very last post on the bottom of that page and a few on the next. Click on the attachment.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

The RTR's are NOT made in the USA

so there will be other subtle differences in material quality. It is an awesome RTR, but if you are looking to race its best to go straight to the Team kit... anyway, you really want those threaded shocks
Old 04-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey thanks pitshop.

I would go with the team but I can't find any up here. I called the hobby shops I deal with and none of them had one except for the rtr. I am going to be putting a bmi on it with in the first few weeks and I will probably be getting a few other also. But yea it would be nice to get those shocks.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Location: San Marcos/San Antonio, Tx but chillin in Orlando, FL for now.

Does anyone know the weight difference between the blue aluminum shaft and the old carbon shafts that came with the TC3? Im considering switching my TC4 to the carbon shaft from my old TC3 and Id like to know just how much weight will be saved.....
And does any one else run the carbon shaft??

Thanks
--Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.