Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 11:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Just wondering which Ko ESC they are rebadging though..
Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Picco
Old 12-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Help

Originally posted by tcmerf
Guys I need help. Although i am not a newbie i sure feel like one now. Just bought the VFS-1 pro and can not get power to the motor. I followed the set up process but when i get to the brake step something goes wrong. I cant get it back to just a solid light, keeps blinking 3 times. am i missing something?
Set you brake to 100% when setting the esc to the Tx.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I believe the TRF 2002 was the VFS2000 so that would make that one the VFS-1.

BTW I got my VFS-1 yesterday and this thing is awesome. So small, compact, and light. Can't wait till Saturday to try it out. I already love it more than my Keyence ESC.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Robert are you back at work? Ive got a problem with my speedos and I need to know if youve ran into this before. When runing Mod oval on carpet when I take off under hard accleration the motor acts like the battery is dead for about a half a straight then it takes off and is fine untill I let off the throttle for the next corner... Ive checked the current limiter and its turned off. Ive changed all profiles and reset the speedo...It does it with all 3 speedos. I am running 6 and 7 turns on carpet.

If your at work tomorrow just let me know and I'll call ya.

EA
Old 12-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

VFS-1J
Old 12-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Help

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Set you brake to 100% when setting the esc to the Tx.
Jackpot! Thank you, i was getting very frustrated. One more question. I plan to run this car mostly fro stock, do i still need the schotky diode on the motor or is that only for hotter motors. I hav never used any kind of diode before. Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Robert are you back at work? Ive got a problem with my speedos and I need to know if youve ran into this before. When runing Mod oval on carpet when I take off under hard accleration the motor acts like the battery is dead for about a half a straight then it takes off and is fine untill I let off the throttle for the next corner... Ive checked the current limiter and its turned off. Ive changed all profiles and reset the speedo...It does it with all 3 speedos. I am running 6 and 7 turns on carpet.

EA
EA.. got the same problem. i know what the problem is and how to fix it make sure your throttle response is TURNED OFF. current limiter you can crank up to 260A. but the throttle response for me was set to 1 i think? or 9? (i forget)...i had the same exact thing happen to me. i turned it off and the car was ballastic again.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Default Re: Re: Re: Help

Originally posted by tcmerf
Jackpot! Thank you, i was getting very frustrated. One more question. I plan to run this car mostly fro stock, do i still need the schotky diode on the motor or is that only for hotter motors. I hav never used any kind of diode before. Thanks again.
use the new diode that came with it. if you want more RPM and easier brush wear ... get one of the hyperboosters.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know or can anyone suggest making a PocketPC version of the ICS software for the VFS1/2000???

It'd be cool bringing a PDA along instead of the whole laptop to the track.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Damn you Chris, I was only going to switch to the KO ESC, but now I'm gonna go KO for everything it looks like... Cant argue with the quality of the stuff, and I always see Robert helping people out at SoCal, win-win.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EAMotorsports

EA
EA-
I'm back at the office. The problem that you are having is a common one, the Tokyo office did a demo for me.

When the voltage in your battery pack gets low, stabing the throttle will yeild a slow accelleration. You have two options:
1. roll onto the throttle
2. play with the throttle response to get the throttle to roll for you.

If you have any other questions let me know.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Entropy
Does anyone know or can anyone suggest making a PocketPC version of the ICS software for the VFS1/2000???

It'd be cool bringing a PDA along instead of the whole laptop to the track.
No PDA software yet. We have talked about it and it may come out later next year, but don't quote me on it. We are now testing a USB version of the PC interface. Once we get all of the bugs worked out, we will release it.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Damn you Chris, I was only going to switch to the KO ESC, but now I'm gonna go KO for everything it looks like... Cant argue with the quality of the stuff, and I always see Robert helping people out at SoCal, win-win.
Yeah, if something makes Chris be fast, it's gotta be fast man

Robert, I am going to send that speedo out today
Old 12-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Lord

another one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.