Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes we support 2.25mm !
Old 10-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by venom54
OK ,

Unpacked and checked the kit contents between the "V1" and "V2" speced S411 kits.

All parts are the same apart from the chassis. There are no other deviations in either of the kits.

Chassis holes are identical between the 2.25 and 2.5 chassis as well as the top deck. All holes including the belt tentioner mounting hole and pinion access holes are the same and included in both chassis.

The blades are the new versions and same plastic. Spur gear included in both kits.

If there are any further updates these will be posted here.

We now support the 2.25 version S411 and the standard 2.5 version.

Cheers

Ren
Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Yes we support 2.25mm !
So here the problem lies..................

i have wasted so much time to try and explain to people who contact me, and are looking at the S411 to purchase.

V1 = original kits. kits came with 2.5 chassis. Plastics are soft, blades are no good. 2nd batch of original kits came with spur gears.

V2 = Original specs , but plastics are better. Blades are very usable, 2.5 chassis is a little different. but still 2.5mm.

now here lies the problem............

HK Market, maybe a few shops got together and asked for all their kits to be replaced with the 2.25 chassis. now this was just for HK Market. if this is the case, the PART Number should change, so one can tell the difference between what they are getting. this also gives the HK market (internet based sales) more leverage if most of the people running the 411 at the consumers track are using the 2.25 chassis, then they will get the kit from Overseas. knowing it will be the right thickness for them with out purchasing the 2.25 on top of the kit.

for the confusion in Au........ maybe partly my fault. i am sorry.
since my setup i use 2.25 chassis, and i knew the HK marlet sells the kits with 2.25 in them, i asked the importer to get my new kits with 2.25 chassis (if possible). so they baught a carton, and had some left over after mine were taken. now everyone wants the kits with 2.25 chassis included.

So i really hope Serpent can stop all this confusion, and release a kit with a different part number to include the 2.25 chassis as std in the kit. i want to buy from teh people who support me, not from an online shop thousands of Kms away , where i get no support . so Please Serpent, find a new part number for the 2.25 kits, and prevent people thinking that V2 is 2.25 chassis.

Sorry for all that have been thrown out by this, at the time, i felt that the AU importer would get some backlash for getting in these kits, and it happened today. so again, im sorry for any confusion, or ill feeling.

Regards Patto......
Old 10-20-2011, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by venom54
OK ,

We now support the 2.25 version S411 and the standard 2.5 version.

Cheers

Ren
Ren, at the time i asked for these kits, the AU importer was very unaware that kits could be supplied with the 2.25 chassis. so i feel it is more Serpents Fault for not informing other importers around the world that this was an option.
again, it just goes to show how the online Community can dictate how people perceive the product.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Addict

Default V1 , V2

Hi Pattojrn,

Thanks for the update to clear some of the guff in the forum.

I am currently building a S411 2.5mm chassis kit for myself out of the third delivery to us. We also have 2.25mm chassis kits in stock so i took the opportunity to open and inspect all the plastic parts and milled parts such as carbon sheets and alloy components.
Front and rear arms including steering blocks and C hubs same plastic material in both. Alloy components identical. Blades are the new improved design and new material. Spur included now as standard and same in both kits.
The carbon chassis's apart from one being 2.25mm and one 2.5mm have identical holes and placings. Included in the chassis is the pinion access hole. This goes for the top plate which has the new belt tentioner mounting hole.

So i come to this conclusion. As stated previously Serpent will apply any updates to their kits as they roll off the production line, hence the better specs as batches roll through from Serpent. This would be due to customer feedback and team driver input.
The chassis issue seems to be the request from the importer for a region to satisfy customer requests for their region. All good.

So the final conclusion is that there is NO V1 or V2 kits from Serpent as all kit numbers are the same. Only kits updates in production runs and chassis changes are from requests from region suppliers to satisfy customer feedback.

And as mentioned previous by other forum members re this confusing issue. If Serpent does apply any changes to kits from distributors for different regions then a change of kit number should be applied to kits to reflect this. TEAL LOSI is a prime example re the 8IGHT and 8IGHT EU version !

A long winded write up but i hope this possibly ends this 2.25 to 2.5 chassis, V1, V2 confusion.

He is wishful thinking

Cheers

Ren
Old 10-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll be ordering mines from HK since you get more bang for your buck
Old 10-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Just orderd mine from the UK

Is there anything I need to change from the kit ? I am building it with the 2.25 chassis and standard top deck. Gear diff with 2 gears. running on asphalt low/medium grip.

thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

But our local many peoples & Driver buy option 2mm chassis !
Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So far you Australian guys are the most active on this thread. Ren, I appreciate your write up. However, I plan on picking up one from my local Serpent dealer here in the US and would like to hear from someone at Serpent USA comment on their current batch of kits they have to release to their dealers here in the US.

Can anyone from Serpent USA concurr with Ren? I also haven't heard much from Scott Kimbrow. It would be nice to hear what he has to say about the S411 he is running here in the states.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

I am glad that a number of folks where able to clear up the chassis version questions. Have any of you had experience running the 2.25mm and 2.5mm on carpet.

which seems to be the better choice or give you the most setup flexibility.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by damage
I am glad that a number of folks where able to clear up the chassis version questions. Have any of you had experience running the 2.25mm and 2.5mm on carpet.

which seems to be the better choice or give you the most setup flexibility.
+1.

"...Winter is coming..."
Old 10-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
So far you Australian guys are the most active on this thread. Ren, I appreciate your write up. However, I plan on picking up one from my local Serpent dealer here in the US and would like to hear from someone at Serpent USA comment on their current batch of kits they have to release to their dealers here in the US.

Can anyone from Serpent USA concurr with Ren? I also haven't heard much from Scott Kimbrow. It would be nice to hear what he has to say about the S411 he is running here in the states.
i too am looking into picking up a s411 within the next month, But the lack of american presence in this thread had me second guessing this purchase. so far, Phil (jack hammer) is the only one I know that ordered one as most seems to be running a t3 or a tc6.

assuming i go ahead with this order, what do are the spare parts buy list would you guys recommend? this would be my first eTC car and have little to zero knowledge of electric TCs.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
i too am looking into picking up a s411 within the next month, But the lack of american presence in this thread had me second guessing this purchase. so far, Phil (jack hammer) is the only one I know that ordered one as most seems to be running a t3 or a tc6.

assuming i go ahead with this order, what do are the spare parts buy list would you guys recommend? this would be my first eTC car and have little to zero knowledge of electric TCs.
Arms, c-hubs, rear uprights, steering knuckles, the spring set, option the aluminum idler gears. Replace the axle pins with the notched Xray ones right away. Don't bother with the hard plastic parts option. Run the factory setup. Check for arm bind when you put the arms on, and really watch the setup of the swaybars especially the collar lock down.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Gael Lambre & myself both have kits on the way besides Phil.
Let us get a weekend with the car and I am sure to post our findings. Local support & distributor support will be fine here in the States.
I thank all who have posted so far to give me some insights as to what expect.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Arms, c-hubs, rear uprights, steering knuckles, the spring set, option the aluminum idler gears. Replace the axle pins with the notched Xray ones right away. Don't bother with the hard plastic parts option. Run the factory setup. Check for arm bind when you put the arms on, and really watch the setup of the swaybars especially the collar lock down.
Thanks johnny, much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Gael Lambre & myself both have kits on the way besides Phil.
Let us get a weekend with the car and I am sure to post our findings. Local support & distributor support will be fine here in the States.
I thank all who have posted so far to give me some insights as to what expect.
The great to hear jamie, glad to hear there will be more ny'ers with this car and like i said to phil , ill be looking to you guys when I pick/build my s411.
will you guys be at this weekend's race at new rochelle (if there is a race)?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks johnny, much appreciated!

The great to hear jamie, glad to hear there will be more ny'ers with this car and like i said to phil , ill be looking to you guys when I pick/build my s411.
will you guys be at this weekend's race at new rochelle (if there is a race)?
Anytime!
Yes, I will be there on mechanic duties while I wait on delivery. Come by and check out the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.