Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
how in the heck are you going to hear his car if your outta town, I'm pretty sure he knows how to set gear mesh.

don't think hes even got it yet.
it is very simple..ritchie..just dial up the cell phone call..JB

I really mean to say is I Can't wait to hear about JB Serpent when I get back

Hey Ritchie
are you going to sign up the GP races @ TZ ?

Last edited by OVA; 07-05-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default on road nats

will anyone from serpent be at the nats in jackson NJ. with the 411?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
it is very simple..ritchie..just dial up the cell phone call..JB

I really mean to say is I Can't wait to hear about JB Serpent when I get back

Hey Ritchie
are you going to sign up the GP races @ TZ ?
I don't think so. we have the summer sizzler in august, then a trip back to cali for my brothers wedding in september, then vegas for a week in october, I'm still sending money to the lawyers/court to probate my moms house, all while trying to finish up the 66Mustang to "maybe" put it for sale, wanna buy springs to lower the new Challenger and tint the windows, buying a Motorcycle from Mikey to turn into a street tracker, very busy this summer/fall. heck I might even skip the sizzler this year. looking at all the RC stuff I have and asking why? and just ordering a Losi 22 to add to the mess,

I sorry what was the question, oh yea, NO, not going to the GP.

btw, i knew what you meant, I was just playing with ya.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was currious as if anyone has tried the S411 on carpet yet? Also was wondering if anyone has switched to one of these from one of the other top touring cars (Xray, Tamiya, TC6 etc) and how does it compare as far as handling.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

HK SEP have Carpet Race
Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
HK SEP have Carpet Race
Washington sept have carpet race
Las vega Sept have carpet race
Oh wait a minute, it is carpet season..now IC
Old 07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by skypilot
I don't think so. we have the summer sizzler in august, then a trip back to cali for my brothers wedding in september, then vegas for a week in october, I'm still sending money to the lawyers/court to probate my moms house, all while trying to finish up the 66Mustang to "maybe" put it for sale, wanna buy springs to lower the new Challenger and tint the windows, buying a Motorcycle from Mikey to turn into a street tracker, very busy this summer/fall. heck I might even skip the sizzler this year. looking at all the RC stuff I have and asking why? and just ordering a Losi 22 to add to the mess,

I sorry what was the question, oh yea, NO, not going to the GP.

btw, i knew what you meant, I was just playing with ya.
Are you going to be watching or racing in Vega?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by kobiwan
I was currious as if anyone has tried the S411 on carpet yet? Also was wondering if anyone has switched to one of these from one of the other top touring cars (Xray, Tamiya, TC6 etc) and how does it compare as far as handling.
it is too soon to tell...seem to me that most serpent owner just got the car and may be still working on getting the best set up for outdoor...

I'm still working on mine and so far it drive like T3 Xray ,but corner speed getting close the same..
Old 07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Are you going to be watching or racing in Vega?
race, probably mod, that way I can just drive and have fun and not worry about where I finish cause I already know I'm in the C or below
Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Hi guys. I just ordered a S411 and had some questions if it's not too much trouble. I might be asking questions that people might have already asked, so please bare with me.

1.) People were having trouble with a servo saver not fitting. Did anyone solve this issue?

2.) I run 17.5 No boost on carpet. What Brands of spurs fit, and what size would be a good starting point?

3.) For the people that already have ran the car, What Parts are more prone to break? or is it the usual, knuckles, C-hubs, arms, etc?

4.) The Spec-R blades people are speaking of. Those are ones for the Xray, correct?

I just hope the aluminum used is of quality grade. I know from experience the the aluminum used for the rear pods for the S120 bend extremely easy. Paul Ciccarello had to machine pods out of thicker aluminum to correct it.

Last edited by kobiwan; 07-08-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
will anyone from serpent be at the nats in jackson NJ. with the 411?
I was looking forward to seeing one but it looks like no one is going to represent Serpent at the Asphalt Nationals. That is too bad because it would help expose the car to the rest of the non serpent following community.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jerry P
I was looking forward to seeing one but it looks like no one is going to represent Serpent at the Asphalt Nationals. That is too bad because it would help expose the car to the rest of the non serpent following community.
well you have to understand that S411 just came out on the market and it isn't enough time to figure out the car and getting all the bug out... come on give the serpent team more time ...
Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi guys.
kobalias!!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OVA
well you have to understand that S411 just came out on the market and it isn't enough time to figure out the car and getting all the bug out... come on give the serpent team more time ...
Good point. but wouldn't the race be a good place to figure out the car and what not? I mean what better place than an actual race setting? just a thought.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good point. but wouldn't the race be a good place to figure out the car and what not? I mean what better place than an actual race setting? just a thought.
first, they'd have to have drivers that race this class on their team. far as i know the whole u.s. crew is down with the off-road and 1/8th scale nitro at the moment. i suspect, the push for the updated car was coming from overseas where the ets series still makes tc a valuable market for them.

honestly, tc setups are as easy to figure out as ever right now. all the cars are so identical, that they all use the same (hpi) springs, (tamiya) pistons, and appendage geometry. sure, they'll take some tweaks to hone in a particular chassis, but that's only as good as the track is that day anyway. anymore, it just comes down to what color anodizing you want your car to have ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.