Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Model for 2012?

Im thinking of changing from xray to a serpent tourer this year and was wondering if there is likely to be a new '2012' model out?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Serpent S411 Team Edition

Actually the 2012 model was just released today. It's the Serpent S411 Team Edition with new shocks and revised gear diff. Also comes with most hop ups alot of us found standard. I think you will be making a great move going from the X-ray it's a great car but so is the serpent and serpent to me is easier to drive and be more consistent with.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by willo76
Im thinking of changing from xray to a serpent tourer this year and was wondering if there is likely to be a new '2012' model out?
there will be one as you speak. it has just reached the Serpent site. the TE (team Edition) has the new shocks, but it will be hard for me to use these, i really like the current shocks, been using them for around 4 years and no problems ever.
http://serpent.com/product/400012/
Old 03-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
there will be one as you speak. it has just reached the Serpent site. the TE (team Edition) has the new shocks, but it will be hard for me to use these, i really like the current shocks, been using them for around 4 years and no problems ever.
Totally agree with you about the shocks. The ease of the build aswell as the consistency makes it very hard to sway from the current dampers.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy
Totally agree with you about the shocks. The ease of the build aswell as the consistency makes it very hard to sway from the current dampers.
give it a chance, you'll like the dark side
Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
I have a couple questions.
1 how does using the 2.0 block instead of the 1.0 block in the front effect handling?
2 I have been using 300 cst fluid in the rear diff for break in process and it has now been 3 full weekends of racing and practice, probably 45 min to 1 hour runtime. My track I am racing is low traction and tight asphalt, what would be a good replacement weight? keep in mind rear traction has been hard to find.
It will make the car a little less aggressive on turn in.

Things to remember when you change the block, it will effect the following;
wheelbase
shock angle
rollbar stiffness
shock stiffness
ackerman

But taking that all into account......it takes some of the twitchy out of the car.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Finally 0,2 and 6 c-hubs, wonder when the plastic ones will be released. Also a 1.75 top deck should make the asphalt guys happier.

I do wonder what the new diff with 3.5mm outputs is in reference to ?

I also see a listing now for actual soft arms front and rear, (the third missing link, lol)
Old 03-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

what body is it they are useing in the picture?
Old 03-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent Guy
what body is it they are useing in the picture?
not really sure, but looking at the grill, i think its close to a Dodge Stratus .
personally im using BlitZ bodies, have been using the S5 for some time, but just tried the new Volt, and its not efra approved as yet, but man, it has a ton of steering, but back end is nailed still. best thing is, the steering it has is on power, more so than the S5. we didnt have timing going, but you could tell corner mid and exit was much faster on our Banked sweeper. but the car was so settled still.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Angry

not really sure, but looking at the grill, i think its close to a Dodge Stratus .
personally im using BlitZ bodies, have been using the S5 for some time, but just tried the new Volt, and its not efra approved as yet, but man, it has a ton of steering, but back end is nailed still. best thing is, the steering it has is on power, more so than the S5. we didnt have timing going, but you could tell corner mid and exit was much faster on our Banked sweeper. but the car was so settled still.
Wow I have to agree with you again I tried the Blitz volt body over 3 months ago and to this day that is all I use. Your findings are my exact feeling on the body turn in of a protoform p37 mid corner steering of an ltc-r and more planted in the rear than a Mazda speed 6. I was skeptical at first but after heavy testing in most racing conditions I have found it more and more the body to have for touring car.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Wow I have to agree with you again I tried the Blitz volt body over 3 months ago and to this day that is all I use. Your findings are my exact feeling on the body turn in of a protoform p37 mid corner steering of an ltc-r and more planted in the rear than a Mazda speed 6. I was skeptical at first but after heavy testing in most racing conditions I have found it more and more the body to have for touring car.
i just wish they would hurry and get it approved by efra or roar. i had an email about 5 weeks ago saying it is in for Approval . so here's hoping.
but i see now a new one again, already approved. Blitz XFR. maybe this one is similar to Volt, but better balanced due to less of a wing. might be a good one to try next.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Grant and I went to the One Lug Carpet Showdown. We had a blast with practice on Fri, Qualifying Sat and then when it was time for the mains we went from Qual having 4-5 cars to 8 cars for the mains. The track was pretty small without any good place for passing. It was take the pass or hope the person in front moved over. If neither of those were an option it was good opportunity to just hit each other. It truly was a fun track to run on but with 8 cars and various skill levels it was a bit of crazy.

Great Work. nice looking body too.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Where do you get Blitz bodies from?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I'm sure there are a number of places but here is 1 online store that stocks them: http://www.rc-mushroom.com/index.php...page=1&sort=1a

Simon
Old 03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...&cat=96&page=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.