Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdortch
I am hearing there is a team edition that will be released. Does anyone have any insight when that might happen? I am looking to make a switch to the snake but I am contemplating on whether or not I should wait on the team edition or get it now. I am assuming the Team Edition will have items such as the new RCM shocks, V2 steering system, and possibly 2mm top/bottom chassis as standard???
http://www.redrc.net/2012/02/toy-fair-2012-serpent/

Not much info though.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

I got another s411 le kit, it was expensive but thinking of anodizing it red or blue and just keeping as a self queen, just don,t like the orange that much, if some one has a regular brand new s411 with the gunmetal finish and wants to trade all the orange aluminum parts including the spacers let me know as I am willing to trade, except for the shocks as I sold them already, thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi buddies, we're working hard here in Italy, especially on stering system.

By last tests and ets 2nd round, we have found a strange feeling with s411 steer, we're testing new solutions on v.2 plate...I mean ( maybe Martin could prove me right):

Now we have 10mm between ackermann uniballs on plate, well, with that quote, steer feels like too much nervous early the corner ( when you start to push on radio stick), but loose front end from middle to exit corners.

Now we're testing a new concept plate with 8.5 mm distance, maybe better because both steer levels works more to the center of axes and steering feels more linear trought corner, from entry to exit. also we add an hole on the plate center to connect the servo's link, so the force that servo create on plate is the same for right/left sides.

It's just a test and i will update for time laps results
Old 02-16-2012, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brunelli ale

By last tests and ets 2nd round, we have found a strange feeling with s411 steer, we're testing new solutions on v.2 plate...I mean ( maybe Martin could prove me right):

Now we have 10mm between ackermann uniballs on plate, well, with that quote, steer feels like too much nervous early the corner ( when you start to push on radio stick), but loose front end from middle to exit corners.

Now we're testing a new concept plate with 8.5 mm distance, maybe better because both steer levels works more to the center of axes and steering feels more linear trought corner, from entry to exit. also we add an hole on the plate center to connect the servo's link, so the force that servo create on plate is the same for right/left sides.

Sweet.. Good info keep us posted...can you post a picture would like to see the center mount?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:40 AM
Tech Initiate

now plate is under cnc machine i'll have it in 2 days at least!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So what hardness arms are you guys running with what chassis. I am thinking about the 2mm chassis. I run on a medium grip track. I am trying to stock up spares.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So what hardness arms are you guys running with what chassis. I am thinking about the 2mm chassis. I run on a medium grip track. I am trying to stock up spares.
I'm running the regular arms... The hard arms work great but I did explode one.. My fault cut it to tight and caught a wheel on the board...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default RECYCLE

HERE IS A UPPER BUMPER SUPPORT I MADE OUT OF A 2MM CHASSIS I DESTROYED. IT SUPPORTS THE UPPER BUMPER BY RESTING ON THE FRONT BULKHEAD TO PREVENT THE CHASSIS FROM CRACKING WHERE THE LOWER BUMPER MOUNTS.

ALL I USED WAS A REINFORCED CUT OFF WHEEL WITH MY DREMEL, A BENCH GRINDER, AND A DRILL.

TESTED IT OUT YESTERDAY. DINKED A WALL DUE TO THE SHEER SPEED OF THE 411, AND IT DID ITS JOB WITH MY NEW 2MM CHASSIS
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Nice job on the chassis support, It would be great if someone produced one, although its easy enough to make. I would like to se it mount to the 2 holes in the sway bar retaining bracket somehow.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I feel this will be a great update to the current steering rack. With my previous testing I have found that 8mm to 8.5mm of distance between the steering links to be the easiest to drive. With great handling around corners mid corner to exit steering gaining the most.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
I got another s411 le kit, it was expensive but thinking of anodizing it red or blue and just keeping as a self queen, just don,t like the orange that much, if some one has a regular brand new s411 with the gunmetal finish and wants to trade all the orange aluminum parts including the spacers let me know as I am willing to trade, except for the shocks as I sold them already, thanks
I have to ask, why do you sell the shocks from every kit you get?

The stock ones. Never really saw a time difference between the two and the hard arms.........well they are hard and not as board forgiving.

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
Nice job on the chassis support, It would be great if someone produced one, although its easy enough to make. I would like to se it mount to the 2 holes in the sway bar retaining bracket somehow.
Yes, nice looking support. I don't think tying in onto the bulkheads would be a good idea though. Any kind of impact could domino through the chassis and could effect other aspects of the handling. JMO.

Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy
I feel this will be a great update to the current steering rack. With my previous testing I have found that 8mm to 8.5mm of distance between the steering links to be the easiest to drive. With great handling around corners mid corner to exit steering gaining the most.
The stock V2 is 8.5mm center to center, so I'm not sure they are changing anything other than putting a hole in the center to hook up the link to the servo. The bad part about that is on lock to lock it will but a really weird angle in the link to the servo, so you'd have to run a lot more spacers between the servo saver and the pivot, again JMO.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Hi, LOL, I sell the shocks from most kits except my tamiya and kyosho, all other kits I have be it a serpent, xray, hb etc,etc, the shocks are garbage, well I think they are garbage, so I usuall replace them with either tamiya shocks or kyosho shocks, I usually have an extra set of trf shocks or the kyosho w5302v shocks, for me they just work better and easier to built with 0 rebound, and last forever, between rebuilds, and replacement parts are cheap and easy to get, as for serpent shocks I just cannot built them, but if anyone still wants to trade for the orange aluminum let me know or on monday car is getting anodized blue to match my tamiya.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone

The stock V2 is 8.5mm center to center, so I'm not sure they are changing anything other than putting a hole in the center to hook up the link to the servo. The bad part about that is on lock to lock it will but a really weird angle in the link to the servo, so you'd have to run a lot more spacers between the servo saver and the pivot, again JMO.
Sorry Johnny, but mine v.2 is 10.00mm , center to center, and...yes, with central servo linkage on plate, you must use 4/6mm spacers on servo saver, depends by saver
Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default THX

THANKS, IT WAS SUPER EASY TO MAKE. IT ONLY TOOK ABOUT 30 MINUTES. IF I CAN GET THE TIME AND SUPPLIES, I THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING A COUPLE DOZEN AND SELLING THEM IN HERE FOR GUYS. NOT SURE YET. BUT THANKS FOR THE PROPS.

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
Old 02-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds interesting...look forward to hearing your results. Pictures would be good. I have been running the v2 plate with 2mm spacers with good mid corner steering, but also does experience the nervousness on initial turn-in that you talked about. I am going to experiment small increments between 1.0mm and 2.0mm this weekend.

I have also been using the medium plastics for arms, chubs and uprights for durability, but I am going to try the hard arms this weekend to see if that helps increase the preciseness of the steering. I think under extreme acceleration and steering in mod on high grip tracks the medium plastic although very durable is flexing too much and reducing the preciseness of the line I can take.

I decided to keep the medium plastics for the uprights and chubs because last time I use them I felt they were not resilient enough for our very hard boards at my local track. Also I find the axle bearings seem to have less slop when using the medium uprights than the hard uprights in the rear.

Myself, Andrew Hardman (a very fast 13 year old xray driver here in Canada.) are going to be running mod this weekend as we don't get to run mod very often and want to step up our game. Even Andrew Hardman's mechanic Corey Whiteman who has not raced in a few years, will be laying it down in mod this weekend. When Corey use to race regularly, he and I had some great battles, as I do now with Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.