Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have used the hard arms all round or medium rears putting the hard at the front for myself seemed to settle my car down, i thought the soft arms were to soft it caused my S411 to be inconsistent in the corners i found it hooked and really dug in
Old 12-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This car is quite durable. I would suggest the usual suspect parts for any car... Here are the part numbers

SER401362 C-hub 4 L+R
SER401462 C-hub 4 L+R medium
SER401455 C-hub 4 L+R hard
SER401397 Wishbone front lower (2)
SER401393 Wishbone rear lower (2)
SER401459 Wishbone Fr Lw medium (2)
SER401460 Wishbone Rr Lw medium (2)
SER401452 Wishbone Fr Lw hard (2)
SER401453 Wishbone Rr Lw hard (2)
SER401363 Steeringblock L+R
SER401396 Upright (2)
SER401461 Upright medium (2)
SER401454 Upright hard (2)
SER401427 Pully 19T alu
SER401409 Blade (16)
SER401394 CVD driveshaft (2)
SER401410 Bushing steeringblock (4)
SER401381 CVD insert (2)
SER110208 Pin 2x10 (4)
SER411187 Pivotball with shaft (2)
SER401351 Belt Kevlar 30S3M510 low friction
SER401353 Belt Kevlar 30S3M186 low friction

Originally Posted by FastHound
I will soon join most of you as a S411 owner. Due to the lack of parts availability at our local track and LHS can anyone enlighten me on what parts are most common to break so I can carry these with me?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just got back from my first outing with my LE kit and I'm very impressed. Ended the day .2 off the fast lap going against guys that have been running this layout since the fall, and I haven't raced any TC in 3 years The kit setup is a great place to start, I worked from there and have some more stuff to try next time out. Mainly want to try lightening the diff oil even more, ended up with 600 in it and I believe 400 would be spot on, just ran out of time to try it. If I had a nickel for everyone that said, "hey, you got an Xray!", I'd be a rich man right now
Old 12-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Just got back from my first outing with my LE kit and I'm very impressed. Ended the day .2 off the fast lap going against guys that have been running this layout since the fall, and I haven't raced any TC in 3 years The kit setup is a great place to start, I worked from there and have some more stuff to try next time out. Mainly want to try lightening the diff oil even more, ended up with 600 in it and I believe 400 would be spot on, just ran out of time to try it. If I had a nickel for everyone that said, "hey, you got an Xray!", I'd be a rich man right now
Nice to see you back racing Matt! What class are you running these days?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cory B
Nice to see you back racing Matt! What class are you running these days?
little bit of everything, dabbled in offroad for a bit this year but the carpet nats are coming to Dallas so I got back into onroad for that.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
little bit of everything, dabbled in offroad for a bit this year but the carpet nats are coming to Dallas so I got back into onroad for that.
Very nice! Too bad you wont really have home track advantage this year like you did in '08 LOL. But Im sure you will do well!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Tim!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Has anyone tried narrow hexes in the rear ? I know they were in the works, but do we know if they were released yet ? I made my own from some Tamiya hexes.
I have not tried a more narrow hex in the rear, because with my setup for carpet I have been running the number 2 hinge pin blocks in the front and the 0/3 in the rear, which makes the rear about 2mm more narrow than the front anyway. In fact, I have been making the rear match the width of the front by adding 1mm spacers on both rear hexes to make increase the rear grip a little and make it more stable through high speed chicanes.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by #iZzy
try speed 6 bodie with regular wing (no lightweight wing), shock oil in front 500 and in rear 450, droop in front 6 and in rear 5mm and springs hpi silver all around, lower shock positions stock and upper position in front the 3. from inner side and in the rear the 5. from inner side. camber links should be stock, too - longer link in rear let the car roll a bit more. gear diff try 2000, if your car lost traction on power try then 500...
to add to these suggestions... try the 1.2mm swaybar in the rear and keep the ride height the same front and rear.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Martin,

It is my experience that a more narrow track makes for more traction. What am I experiencing here ?? It definitely makes that end of the car less forgiving, and seems like it changes direction quicker.

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
I have not tried a more narrow hex in the rear, because with my setup for carpet I have been running the number 2 hinge pin blocks in the front and the 0/3 in the rear, which makes the rear about 2mm more narrow than the front anyway. In fact, I have been making the rear match the width of the front by adding 1mm spacers on both rear hexes to make increase the rear grip a little and make it more stable through high speed chicanes.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Martin I'm wondering which car you ended up running in the video post on the Awesomatic forum. Was it the LE or the other? To confirm what is the chassis thickness of the one you ran? Have you tried the hard parts yet? Can you post your most recent setup? Thanks
Old 01-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Martin,

It is my experience that a more narrow track makes for more traction. What am I experiencing here ?? It definitely makes that end of the car less forgiving, and seems like it changes direction quicker.
Whenever you make the track width on a car wider it will jave more lateral grip. i explain the math behind this in my RC SETUP WORKBENCH app. Yes the car will feel more twitchy especially in chicanes with the narrow rear end as the rear will roll more. as to why it might feel more stable mi cant really say without knkwing the resr of your setup.

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Martin I'm wondering which car you ended up running in the video post on the Awesomatic forum. Was it the LE or the other? To confirm what is the chassis thickness of the one you ran? Have you tried the hard parts yet? Can you post your most recent setup? Thanks
I ran the standard kit. In the main my car had a severe tweek in the chassis eual to 2 comomete turns on the front right shock make the car have a severe oversteer turning left and a big push turning right. if you watch the car on the opening lap and around the 6 min point in the video yiu can see how much it slides going inti the left jNder after the high soeed chicane in the middle of the track.

I was only able to do 10.3 second laps in the main where the day before i did 9.9 so the car was not at its best in the main. by the way the best lap i did with my xray on the same layout a couple of weeks ago was a 10.2. so the sepent at 9.9 is very quick when I set it up right

I ran the 2.25 chassis with the normal uppr deck and the DJC.

I will upload my setup later.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Martin's car certainly looked good in the main, as I did my best to get out of his way as he lapped me at least twice! The car looks really dialed and easy to drive, and I am sure he will get even quicker.......

Grant
Old 01-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default changes to my original setup

Here are the changes to my original setup.

stood up rear shocks two holes
7 grams w removed from in front of battery
0.5mm more spacer on inboard rear upper link
longer rear link by using the most inboard hole on the bulk head
added 1mm spacers on rear axles between hex and wheel.
added the DJC

The main thing I was trying to do with these changes is reduce the traction rolling as we have very high grip track and smooth out the handling a little. The wider rear track along with the rear shocks being stood up made the car much more stable through the high speed chicane, but did make the car push a little more than I would like on corner entry and mid corner. I lowered the rear roll center slightly by going to 4mm on the inboard rear upper link, along with adding the DJC to get more mid corner rotation.

This setup was easy to drive and very consistent.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-martin-serpent-s411-v2-high-grip-carpet-setup.jpg   Serpent S411-electronics-layout.jpg   Serpent S411-front-roll-center.jpg   Serpent S411-rear-roll-center.jpg   Serpent S411-rear-shock-mounts.jpg  

Last edited by Martin Crisp; 01-01-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MarcS2K
Hello Guys, I am new here and I am from the Netherlands..

I have a question...how many rebound do you have on your shocks?
On my other car (Associated TC6) I drive with 0 - 5% rebound.

Greetz Marc
Nobody???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.