Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak smart tray

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't know if excessive heat will really effect the Smart Tray that much. I was discharging some batteries with a bit of charge in it and the ambient temperature was 34 degrees. It was baking, but it was all good.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ya alittle heat it fine, and if you do put a pack on that has alot of charge and the heatsink in the back gets hot you should let it cool alittle until next pack. But i have never had a problem yet.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

When and how is the best way to use the smart tray for best voltage and runtime?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

hi ppl

is it good to use the smart tray before every charge or this would demage the battries

regards
Old 11-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You should tray your packs before charging so they get its full charge, I usually tray,charge,run, and then either discharge or put them away until next time and then discharge and tray before charge again.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys!, thats what i did, i left what charge was in them after the races from the week before, then discharged the packs down to 5.4 the day before race, on my quasar pro, then an hour before each heat trayed them, and then charged them.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

battery prep is the key people!

i failed to prepare my cells last race meet due to a night out the day before and didn't finish a heat without my packs dumping. i run a brushless and this never happens. discharge the night before on the novak tray down to 0.1 then get to the track early and charge the packs on the day there, then peak them 5 minutes before.... perfect packs.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

i got my smart tray from HK about a week ago i didnt open it as it was a christmas present it was poened today and the power lead connector is too small for the unit. it was factory sealed and wrapped in selophane! As im in the UK do i contact my distributor?
Old 12-26-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dan Hughes
i got my smart tray from HK about a week ago i didnt open it as it was a christmas present it was poened today and the power lead connector is too small for the unit. it was factory sealed and wrapped in selophane! As im in the UK do i contact my distributor?
No, Have a read of the instructions on the box and this thread. Either solder connectors on the pigtail to connect to a 12v power supply or pick up a 12v power pack to power the unit at home.

All the International version Smart Trays are supplied with a pigtail rather than a (useless outside the USA) 110VCD Power Pack. But thats all on the box...
Old 01-26-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by v0rtex
No, Have a read of the instructions on the box and this thread. Either solder connectors on the pigtail to connect to a 12v power supply or pick up a 12v power pack to power the unit at home.

All the International version Smart Trays are supplied with a pigtail rather than a (useless outside the USA) 110VCD Power Pack. But thats all on the box...

Yep, I picked up the International Version (#4501) from Singapore, and the input plug attached to that pigtail wire will NOT fit into the plug on the right hand side of the tray.

Does anyone else have this problem, and what did you do to fix it ?
Old 01-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Hey Guys,

Just send us an email if your Connector doesn't fit, we have a replacment we can send out.

If you guys ever have questions that need fast answers feel free to give us a call, or drop us an email.

[email protected] or
[email protected]

Thanks
Charlie