Wiki Posts
Search

USRCF1 Formula One national event!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Good looking car...pardon my nitpickiness but you did short cut a couple corners...

i just realized what you are talking about, if you look closer you will see that there is no barrier at the turn exit. they run alot of 1/8 scale pan cars and that turn was eliminated a few months ago. so i didnt cut any corners thats the layout of the track, you cant get that green paint off of the track.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 04-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Looks pretty fast and stable !!! About the same speed as pro10 mod in Europe, but in a much shorter track . Did the rubbers hold up good under such power ? Got a fluorescent body ? It is hard to see the car in the videos.....
rubbers hold up very well with this chassis, i couldnt make a lap with the 104 on rubber today, it was horriblewe require realistic bodies in our class so i dont have a flourescent body!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Marcus, I watched the latest videos and that car is "hooked up"! And what makes it even more sweet is that you did it and you kept true to the theme of keeping the car scale so that it looks like the real thing!

I may be alone on this, but I say keep the fluorescent bodies for the touring cars, F1 should always put scale appearance first. Hats off to you or anyone who runs a "real" looking F1 body. I would hate to see F1 go the same route as what happened to touring cars where they no longer resemble real cars; heck, they use these bodies now that aren't even modeled after an actual car. Touring cars also use those gawd-awful ugly white dish rims that don't even look real! I hope they never find there way to F1.

You have managed to "have your cake and eat it too" with your new car: awesome performance and scale looks as well. A win, win situation.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Marcus, I watched the latest videos and that car is "hooked up"! And what makes it even more sweet is that you did it and you kept true to the theme of keeping the car scale so that it looks like the real thing!

I may be alone on this, but I say keep the fluorescent bodies for the touring cars, F1 should always put scale appearance first. Hats off to you or anyone who runs a "real" looking F1 body. I would hate to see F1 go the same route as what happened to touring cars where they no longer resemble real cars; heck, they use these bodies now that aren't even modeled after an actual car. Touring cars also use those gawd-awful ugly white dish rims that don't even look real! I hope they never find there way to F1.

You have managed to "have your cake and eat it too" with your new car: awesome performance and scale looks as well. A win, win situation.

thanks alot, that means alot coming from anyone on the internet!! it seems like its always a battle of wits around here! this is why i will only duplicate this car for someone that wants a turnkey roller assembled and tuned. i actually got a deposit from someone today at the track, i was able to give some of the slower nitro guys fits after i put foams on it
Old 04-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Oh BTW GO LEWIS!! what a badazz race that was
Old 04-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Right you are Marcus; the Chinese GP was awesome! Lewis beating Vettel in a straight fight and Webber coming from 18th to finish 3rd. Fantastic race!!

I take it that you are also a Hamilton fan as am I. That kid is a "racer", and the best passer in the business.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

as much as i dont care for Vettal, him and Lewis are the best drivers in the bunch. if Kubica hadnt got hurt i think he would have been a top five contender. and you cant forget about kobayashi!! if that dude had a better car he could cause some ruckus too, he literally drives the tires off of his car
Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks for updating the entries on the first page. I really hope we see some more entries posted before next weekend.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

i am fiercly harassing the locals to race TC and pan!

there is also going to be a change in the race time, since it is undoubtedly going to be a lighter turnout than expected we will not start the races until around 2 that afternoon, this way the out of towners can come in very early sat morning and get plenty of practice. i will post more on this later.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Please let me know how it went. I have been in physical therapy for the last two weeks with two more to go. It seems to be a pattern for me I guess. I had plane tickets and everything set for last years USF1 race in California when the flood hit way hard. And it was bad. I did get to see the vid of the car. That was quite an acomplishment and it looked like it was on rails. Send that car to every local and larger events you can. You have a winner there.

The sad part for me was that I was going to ride my big 'ol scooter out there. It's a Suzuki Re5, Not many people have even seen one of those. Very smooth ride.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

It seems you never make a race.......
Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mxrich
Please let me know how it went. I have been in physical therapy for the last two weeks with two more to go. It seems to be a pattern for me I guess. I had plane tickets and everything set for last years USF1 race in California when the flood hit way hard. And it was bad. I did get to see the vid of the car. That was quite an acomplishment and it looked like it was on rails. Send that car to every local and larger events you can. You have a winner there.

The sad part for me was that I was going to ride my big 'ol scooter out there. It's a Suzuki Re5, Not many people have even seen one of those. Very smooth ride.

well that sucks, the only reason i am doing this is because you talked me into it.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

That is true and I feel terrible about it after working to get everything ready with the cars. Not much I could do when a 1000 pound pallet got away from me at work and took two disk and turned them into jello. At least now they have me walking but not at a normal pace.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Three
It seems you never make a race.......
I am starting to believe that myself.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

back injuries are horrible, bulged L4/L5 myself (years of fighting and working on real cars). is Alpha going to make it?

well this is definately a "one and done " deal, with no support its not fun, im out a few hundred dollars, thank gawd i didnt order shirts........ you need to hold the next one whereever you are and i will just come up there, its a lot less hassle to just book a flight and go race

our local F1 is borderline from dying also its kinda depressing since they are so fun to drive and setup and i love making them. my IRS car will only be a special order kinda deal, i have no intention of promoting it and honestly if i only sell one more (sold one already) im good with it. i will continue to develop mine just because i like messing with it and enjoy tuning.

on a good note we have a badazz safety car mercedes with lights and on board camera! i also will have a camera on my car and i have a buddy taping the mains. so if nothing else comes out of this it will be a very cool video!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.