Wiki Posts
Search

Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lostinbaja
The took turbochargers off the Indy cars and attendence dropped tremendously. This is basically the same thing. Technology is something to learn from, not something to hide from.
It sound to me that ROAR needs some competition.

True, but you still can use boost in Mod. So, this comparison is not really the same. If you don't have boost to worry about as you learn to tune and drive your car, you become a good chassis tuner and learn that driving clean is very important. Once you get accomplished at that level, you move up to Mod. and add to a solid base you have built up. Seems logical to me, and has proven itself at our club. The only part of this proposal for 2012 that I don't agree with, is the requirement of a spec only esc, and not allowing one that can be set to no boost mode to be used. This will make it so someone who wants to try running mod by just changing a setting on their esc can do so, without cost. I realize that it may not be up to full blown speeds a low wind mod motor provides, but it is a way to work up to that, and if need be, to step back down as well, without penalizing that racers wallet.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush

The best solution I could suggest is to leave all 4 classes available. BUT, make a requisite of a minimum of around 20 entries to make it a class at a National and 10 entries at Regional Events. If the minimum is not met, then the class is not run. This has several benefits
If its 20 entries....Mod might never be run again in the US.

Also Tekin isn’t the only Mfg that makes a boosted ESC...there are plenty of other companies that will have their ESC black listed.

I should have added the "Tekin Crusaders"....that will fight to the death to keep their Tekin in at all cost....no matter what the fight its always against Tekin!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Odd isn't it? Over 70 posts and nearly 1500 views and not ONE word from R.O.A.R., not one statement about the real reasoning behind the PROPOSED rules.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Gee......I wonder how long until a certain company has a zero timing motor and speedo combo that just happens to look like a gtb for the new stock class?
That company does already.....so does Speedpassion and LRP....if they are legal with these new rules then I guess the only one on the outside looking in is....Tekin. You and the rest of the Tekin Crusaders will have to buy a cheap ESC or sit back and complain on the internet some more....I think the latter will do for the likes of you.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:09 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Lucky , Roar has not tried to change the mod class rules one bit and that is one thing I can appreciate more than ever ...
+1

for once we agree. took how many years? some1 quote it for posterity.

R
Old 01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
I didn't know Robert had a brother?
he doesnt...lol...wait...nah I dont think so...

but any who...it seems alot of good points are on here...I hope it all works out for the best....personally what ever grows the onroad program at your local track is what you(the racers) need to support....

we have alot of fast guys locally that run 17.5 non boost TC, and VTA...its works out just fine for us...I think they are fast enough to run the boosted or even mod, but running the stock esc rules have brought in new racers cause of the managable speeds...

I see the point in the Tekin,SP,LRP,Novaks that you need a laptop to get the edge...and some racers are not "mentally" able to get a hold of this...you barely see them on the net....some just dont have the time or know-how to get the esc setup right.....

we all got to work together to better the on road racing to get it out of this funk....and if that means follow in line and support ROAR...then we need to stand by them to show a little unity...so the racing at the "NEXT" level can continue...

Im not a ROAR member and dont know any..lol...but I do know that a solution exist...we just need to work together to find it....

my 4 tc classes

VTA 25.5
RCGT/USGT/INDYGT 21.5 boosted or 17.5 non boosted
17.5 Stock non boosted
mod..open everything

good luck guys...where you at Dirla
Old 01-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Remember there are other adjustments other than timing. Are we outlawing just Boost or all the different throttle and braking profiles.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hah, I'm a legend!

See that, robk, nobody is talking about your stupid posts in that last thread!
Au contraire, you just did
Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
he doesnt...lol...wait...nah I dont think so...

but any who...it seems alot of good points are on here...I hope it all works out for the best....personally what ever grows the onroad program at your local track is what you(the racers) need to support....

we have alot of fast guys locally that run 17.5 non boost TC, and VTA...its works out just fine for us...I think they are fast enough to run the boosted or even mod, but running the stock esc rules have brought in new racers cause of the managable speeds...

I see the point in the Tekin,SP,LRP,Novaks that you need a laptop to get the edge...and some racers are not "mentally" able to get a hold of this...you barely see them on the net....some just dont have the time or know-how to get the esc setup right.....

we all got to work together to better the on road racing to get it out of this funk....and if that means follow in line and support ROAR...then we need to stand by them to show a little unity...so the racing at the "NEXT" level can continue...

Im not a ROAR member and dont know any..lol...but I do know that a solution exist...we just need to work together to find it....

my 4 tc classes

VTA 25.5
RCGT/USGT/INDYGT 21.5 boosted or 17.5 non boosted
17.5 Stock non boosted
mod..open everything

good luck guys...where you at Dirla
If this IS true then you should have not been allowed to race at ANY of the events in Memphis! Yes you do know members as in most all of the memphis racing family.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Fortunately most of the tracks around here don't follow ROAR rules, so I'm hopeful that trend will continue and we will still have boosted classes. They are the most popular classes locally. Also I own two Tekin ESCs and I'd prefer to not have to buy new spec speedos to replace them.

If they want a zero timing 21.5 class for stock, fine, but banning dynamic timing ESCs that have zero timing modes is ridiculous and I think they're likely to lose more racers if they decide to go through with this.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
That company does already.....so does Speedpassion and LRP....if they are legal with these new rules then I guess the only one on the outside looking in is....Tekin. You and the rest of the Tekin Crusaders will have to buy a cheap ESC or sit back and complain on the internet some more....I think the latter will do for the likes of you.

I want to be a honorary Tekin Crusader.

Someone had a good post earlier in the thread that mentioned Tekin could release software that could take away the programmable features. This could stop people from needing to buy a new ESC. However the software would have to leave the ESC "castrated" sorta speak otherwise it would still be programmable.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Tekin could very well make money on this. They'll sell new hardware to all the guys that have been not buying ESCs for the last 2 years thanks to their updatable RS. Those guys should have a bunch of money sitting around. So there, even Tekin can win at this.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

As per excomm this year.

ROAR is considering 21.5 for stock in 2012. There is some pretty good arguments for all sides of that.

Some of the excomm may be looking at some new speedo spec's and or motor rules but that would be very much at a infant stage at best and many items come and go as the race community evolves.

When we worked to bring brushless and lipo into racing it was no were a overnight process. Many industry affiliates, racers, teams, tracks had different opinions and thoughts and we had to meld that all together to get the best outcome for the racers.

Competition**Director Andrew Mowery
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Glad to know that. But nobody asked for proof or a card? I wasn't aware of it. So what does that mean for my few trophies from the last 2 Years? ...

I'm I disqualified. ..
Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank god Snowbirds is not a ROAR event. What is wrong with having 1 speed control handle both options by pressing a few buttons. How did this suddenly become a problem? Now if you want to run 2 classes at a ROAR event you need 2 speed controls and or 2 cars? Who wants to take their electronics out every time you switch classes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.