Search

Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
As of right now their proposal is mod is just that open speedo, profile, motor etc. Spec classes would be spec speedos non programable (no Tekins, lrp, Novak, etc) even if they are in spec mode or an older non timing speedos.

EA

Eric:

why no adj speedos??
is there something here I'm not aware of??

Thankx, Bill
Old 01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedybill
Eric:

why no adj speedos??

Thankx, Bill
they're too complex and require too much expense and investment of time to sort them out for the typical stock class racer. This is the reason that it will be fazed out by 2012.

This is from the second post that I put on here it is from Steve Pond of R.O.A.R.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedybill
Eric:

why no adj speedos??

Thankx, Bill
Hi Bill,

I think you must have missed the first post or didnt read it slow enough to catch it all. I am pretty sure that is why Hairy started this thread as well.

EA
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

LOL what a joke.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Honestly I like the no-boost classes and enjoyed them when I traveled for a race...however outlawing the programmable ESCs in the stock class is the wrong way to go for a couple of reasons. First those that wish to stay in the stock classes will be forced to buy a new ESC...and new people who start out in stock will be forced to buy a new ESC when they step up to a modified class. Having the no-boost profile was a great way to keep costs lower so the ESC could grow with the racer.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

My bad, went back & read it

we had a similar issue with VTA when they went with 25.5
we keep the 21.5's but went with the required speedos, saved the racers a few bucks at least

in the 17.5 TC class we currently run the Tekins/Castle's, I do most of the teching and have only had 1 racer 'bending' the rules so far.

Thankx for the explaination
I support ROAR, but our track is not fully compliant.

Thankx, Bill

Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

This is going to be a fun thread
Old 01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The took turbochargers off the Indy cars and attendence dropped tremendously. This is basically the same thing. Technology is something to learn from, not something to hide from.
It sound to me that ROAR needs some competition.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Trying to and actually doing it are two different things. Not everyone worships at the alter of ROAR. VTA and RCGT seem to have done fine without ROAR intervention.

Your right shame on them for trying. Btw Isn't vta rcgt non boosted.

You will have to buy new hardware IF you want to participate in a ROAR event in STOCK class once they outlaw in 2012 firmware updateable ESCs.
oh so only if I WANT to play with roar do I have to follow their rules. Oh ok.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I for one will guess that roar wants to do away with programmable esc's so as not to run into any "issues" like they had with 208. Again just a guess.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Trying to and actually doing it are two different things. Not everyone worships at the alter of ROAR. VTA and RCGT seem to have done fine without ROAR intervention.
Actually, RCGT is done in a lot of places because of boost related issues. Ask the guys in California.

VTA is all about ruling with an iron fist. But I generally support what ROAR is trying to do here.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

If ROAR is saying it's too expensive, than why not have a dollar limit on the motor, esc, and battery? If ROAR is saying Stock is too fast than why not spec less motor and battery? IMO, I think the most logical solution would be to spec to less motor, or establish a Novice/Sportsman class.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

2 Words "Silver Can".

As much as I know they are boring, at least it was even!

I've always thought that the ability to boost and change the software on the BL systems seemed a bit unfair. Lets accept that "Stock" in its basic form is gone. No longer are motors stock when you can change the profile of software to compensate for the limits of the motor. I'm all for having one PURE class that is stock.

My Motto has always been long live the Silver Can. I don't want to live in the past, but at least it was racing in its purist form.

MOmo
Old 01-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
LOL what a joke.
x2

Originally Posted by lostinbaja
The took turbochargers off the Indy cars and attendence dropped tremendously. This is basically the same thing. Technology is something to learn from, not something to hide from.
It sound to me that ROAR needs some competition.
x10000000000
Old 01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I personally don’t mind ROAR for what ever reason they choose to keep or change in their rules. That is because I do it for fun. the only time that ROAR rules will be totally enforced is if when attending some huge event. Unfortunately, I myself don’t have the cheese.

I wonder...the guys that "techs" the electronics in these "toys", are they knowledgeable on the Speedos that are out there on knowing if its "stock" or not....? Hell, majority of the Speedos that out there are programmable. At our local track out here, we had to school him on how he can tell if the Speedos are in "stock" mode. Once he was able to identify then all was gravy, and others had to re-tune or what have you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.