Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who holds the speed record?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 02:45 PM
ajg

Originally posted by GundamWZero
AJG..... you win all the races if you win the A-main. Running a B/C main are just qualifiers.....it is like the accumulation of your lap times to see if you qualify for a A main, a.k.a. the MAIN race. If you fail to qualify a B and C main with your lap times, you don't race the A main. If you lose a C main and win a B main, chances are you will either be in the back of the starting grid or not race a A main at all, because of your lap times.

But nevertheless, you must win (or at least come in second in a qualifing main) both mains to race an A Main. the A main is the race itself!

Somebody tell me if I am wrong here.
Yeah, I won all the races. Mains or not, they're still races.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
I took my batteries to get them shrink wrap at my lhs because I DON'T have shrink wrap or a heat gun.
You can buy the shrink wrap fron your LHS, but you can shrink wrap yourself buy putting whatever you're shrinking over a stove on near an oven. Heck, I even use my soldering iron to shrink wrap wires and cells.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
I took my batteries to get them shrink wrap at my lhs because I DON'T have shrink wrap or a heat gun.
that's awesome. with a $1100+ budget you'd think you would have allocated for shrink wrap and a hair dryer......
Old 08-18-2004, 02:46 PM
ajg

You can buy the shrink wrap fron your LHS, but you can shrink wrap yourself buy putting whatever you're shrinking over a stove on near an oven. Heck, I even use my soldering iron to shrink wrap wires and cells.
I know, but they will usually do it for free.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

What do you need connector for. Nearly every racer I've seen ever just solders everything together because all connectors do is add resistence. And surely in your case trying to run a micro 80 mph you wouldnt want the connectors sucking your power.

Your shrink wrap thing is just stupid. Shrink wrap for cells costs like $5 for 100 or something. I dont even think it was that much. And a heat gun? Heat guns are cheap compared to all the money you spent on upgrades to your micro, and even so a hair dryer would get the job done. I'm sure your mommy has one of those.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ajg
I won all the races (including the A main). Actually I still haven't got my new connectors, which I need to run my car. Also, I can't reply when I'm in school.
Why do you need connectors? I think it's called direct soldering. I'd be happy to show you how to do it.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:49 PM
ajg

Originally posted by Euge
that's awesome. with a $1100+ budget you'd think you would have allocated for shrink wrap and a hair dryer......
You'd think, but I got my packs custom made.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

GundamWZero -
Some tracks will let you run all races, even if you don't win. Just your points don't count then and you are just doing it for fun.

I am not the best driver myself, nor do I claim to be. I do love racing though. Most of what I run is not allowed at any tracks, so when I used to race I just raced for the fun of it, no points. I would still run with all the other cars who were counting the points for wins.

I run all brushless. A lot of tracks don't allow brushless. So when you show up they want to let go participate, just no points or anything like that.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:51 PM
ajg

Why do you need connectors? I think it's called direct soldering. I'd be happy to show you how to do it.
The connectors I need are the ones that go from the esc to the reciever. The wire was bad, so I cut off the bad part and ordered some new unassembled connectors to put on the wire.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ajg
I know, but they will usually do it for free.
But why? The whole purpose of this hobby it to help you develop certain skills. Lets see, there is Electronics/Electrical engineering, and Mechanical engineering enveloped in this hobby. It is best that you learn to do this on your own. I know that hobby store didn't build you a custom pack for free.......if they did, I am moving there! Maybe they have free equipment to give away!
Old 08-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ajg
You'd think, but I got my packs custom made.
yeah, that's cool. especially if you have no idea how to build a pack. You probably have no idea how to change crystals in your radio, so you probably have that "custom modified" as well.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ajg
The connectors I need are the ones that go from the esc to the reciever. The wire was bad, so I cut off the bad part and ordered some new unassembled connectors to put on the wire.

Are you gonna have the hobby store fix that too?

Man, I could have told you how to fix that days ago if you'd asked........
Old 08-18-2004, 02:56 PM
ajg

yeah, that's cool. especially if you have no idea how to build a pack. You probably have no idea how to change crystals in your radio, so you probably have that "custom modified" as well.

No, I can change my crystals. And I also learned how to make a battery pack. So I'll be making my own now.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:58 PM
ajg

Are you gonna have the hobby store fix that too?

Man, I could have told you how to fix that days ago if you'd asked........
No, but I couldn't get the old wire from the connector "uncrimped", so I ordered new ones.

Also, my lhs charges $4 to assmble my kind of packs.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ajg
No, but I couldn't get the old wire from the connector "uncrimped", so I ordered new ones.

Also, my lhs charges $4 to assmble my kind of packs.
Did you still have that TC3? If so, you may have extra servos laying around, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.