Search

GEN Ace LIPO Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
the direct has wires coming out of it to a connector, the other uses banana plug connectors
Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The 5000mah 50c batteries show back in stock now! I just ordered a couple
And.... they're out of stock again...
Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty
And.... they're out of stock again...
So if i were to ever find one available, and it was defective, what would be my chances of getting a replacement in my lifetime ? hmmm...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bpalmer
So if i were to ever find one available, and it was defective, what would be my chances of getting a replacement in my lifetime ? hmmm...
The hope is that hobbypartz/nitroRCX/whatever else they are called are being responsible and holding a few back for defective claims when they inevitably come in...

I have five GensAce packs (three 40C and two 50C 5000mAH 2S) and so far they have faired well. The 40C are of especally high quality but the 50C's have been problemetic. Both of them have to be constantly balance charge, each has cell with a higher resistance than the other and neither pack has been abused.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the 4s are going to be back in stock?

roc
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bpalmer
Well.... I bought a couple of the 5000mAh 40C packs back in November for use in a USVTA car. One of them just ballooned up while charging. The official response from tech support (live chat) was that it's out of the warranty period (30 days) so I'm out of luck. I think next time I'll go back to the brands I've been using and pay twice as much, since they seem to last at least 4x longer.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

New 5300 65C......anyone tried it. Yet
Attached Thumbnails GEN Ace LIPO Batteries-530065.jpg  
Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Having issues with my 5800 45c pack. It wont take a full charge, the charger is saying its full at less then 8.3v. At the moment its trying to balance the pack. As it apply's a small amount of current the voltage goes up to 8.38, but once the charger drops the amps back down to 0 the pack returns to 8.3v. At the moment its at 100mins and still going, it wouldnt balance over the weekend, so I pulled it off charge and ran it. Still no luck getting it back to balance.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
Having issues with my 5800 45c pack. It wont take a full charge, the charger is saying its full at less then 8.3v. At the moment its trying to balance the pack. As it apply's a small amount of current the voltage goes up to 8.38, but once the charger drops the amps back down to 0 the pack returns to 8.3v. At the moment its at 100mins and still going, it wouldnt balance over the weekend, so I pulled it off charge and ran it. Still no luck getting it back to balance.
Which charger? I had a venom pro charger that did crap like you are describing. I got a better charger and haven't had an issue since.

It could very well be an issue with the battery, but it might just be the charger. If you have a friend with an iCharger, a Thunderpower charger or a similar high end charger, see if they can balance charge your battery for you.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
Some charger brands will only except a little imbalance between cells and still be able to balance the cells, I have this problem with one of my chargers so I bought a independent balancer for $25. Charger will stop based on highest cell in your case.
Idbdoug
Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
Which charger? I had a venom pro charger that did crap like you are describing. I got a better charger and haven't had an issue since.

It could very well be an issue with the battery, but it might just be the charger. If you have a friend with an iCharger, a Thunderpower charger or a similar high end charger, see if they can balance charge your battery for you.
That's exactly what happens with my Venom Charger. Sometimes that thing will just act stupid and stop charging when each of the cells are at 4.1v... And then sometimes it'll be perfectly ok and charge them up to 4.19v. I've noticed that it's incredibly sensitive. Sometiems if the wires aren't just right, it won't work.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

So I was trying to balance it yesterday, by moving to a different port on the charger it got to 8.4, but still won't balance. On the multi meter the pack measured 4.19 and 4.25.

The second port doesn't drop to 0 like the first, but after 170mins it still wouldn't balance. Every time I bring it back down to about 7.6v with the charger in storage mode.

The charger I'm using is a thunder t6 multi.

I haven't treated this pack any differently then my others, which all balance fine. I was wondering if maybe 2s2p is more likely to fall out of balance then 2s1p?