Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brad_C
Pezz & Number 11,

When you get your cars in I will give you a set up that should work great for you.

Brad
Okay cool my car came in today I will be picking it up this afternoon. Promised the wife I won't touch it until Christmas day.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Company Representative

NOW BACK IN STOCK

Lowered Towers - 79238
Hardened Diff Bolts - 77162
Ceramic Diff Balls - 1010
Standard Towers - 79239
Short Outdrives - 79191
Battery Only PowerCases - 90215
19T SPEC Motors - 381916L
SP12M Euro Kits - 00058
Super Glue - 13090

All parts supply is set and everything ready to go for 2006. In stock for immediate shipping. There will be some new items coming soon from Corally and Specialized RC. Keep your eye out in the next week or so.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

my new avantar hehe!! in the small one its hard to see but here a big one hehe!! pretty cool!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-southpark.jpg  
Old 12-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Post rdx

Hello I just picked up A rdx with 4mm chassis what I need is a good starting point for gearing stock rubber and setup I have a diff,1way and spool....if theres a web site for setups can u post it ...any help will do
Old 12-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RDX setups

More
Old 12-22-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I'm not trying to stir the pot again, but I am trying to add 2 and 2 in my little mind. Corally has said that there is no new car coming out but that we should expect new things from Specialized. I'll assume that the new motor mount is one of these items which I believe requires a new chassis. I also see a lot of new cars moving towards easier maintenance with bulkheads that pull the diffs from the top. (Corally next?) Since they have already proven the car to be very capable and continue to update kits every time a better product comes along (ie.. white diff gears, 1.3 pistons, diff bolts, etc.) so can we expect the new kits to be updated with these parts, or will these strictly be optional items such as the 3.9 chassis?
Old 12-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Has anyone had problems with traction rolling, when running the rob michael setup on rubber tires on high bite carpet ?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I'm not trying to stir the pot again, but I am trying to add 2 and 2 in my little mind. Corally has said that there is no new car coming out but that we should expect new things from Specialized. I'll assume that the new motor mount is one of these items which I believe requires a new chassis. I also see a lot of new cars moving towards easier maintenance with bulkheads that pull the diffs from the top. (Corally next?) Since they have already proven the car to be very capable and continue to update kits every time a better product comes along (ie.. white diff gears, 1.3 pistons, diff bolts, etc.) so can we expect the new kits to be updated with these parts, or will these strictly be optional items such as the 3.9 chassis?
Well, since Specialized R/C is a US based company and we do not manufacture the RDX they will be options. All design and upgrade decisions are made by the manufacturer, Corally in Holland. Specialized R/C International is the importer for Corally products.

Any upgrades sold through CorallyUSA/Specialized RC are just that, options that we developed seperate from Holland.

Jeff
Old 12-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I didn't realize that it worked that way. Thanks for the update and continue the great work. Lookin forward to more great products.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Has anyone had problems with traction rolling, when running the rob michael setup on rubber tires on high bite carpet ?
Hey Mike....

Well, if you are using his EXACT setup, here are some more suggestions for you. Rob's setup seems to have A LOT of droop. Also check out Jason's setup from the IIC. Which is similar, but I think Vegas was higher bite than Novak.

Try 60 or 70wt in the front.
Try 26lb or even stiffer springs.
Try removing droop to about 1mm F/2mm R (up travel)
Try the 1.9mm swaybar on the front

Jeff
Old 12-22-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks jeff yeah scotty has the new carpet now and so does my local track, jasons setup says he ran tamiya 2 hole pistons, do those have to be shimmed at all ? or do them fit right in there
Old 12-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I didn't realize that it worked that way. Thanks for the update and continue the great work. Lookin forward to more great products.
No problem. I think a lot of people think we make it as well. Mainly because we are always on here and such, listening to customers. We talk often with Holland obviously since we import the product.

As far as items to come....... they will be from Specialized R/C and Corally direct. Just more option parts. No new car, no need for one.

Jeff
Old 12-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Thanks jeff yeah scotty has the new carpet now and so does my local track, jasons setup says he ran tamiya 2 hole pistons, do those have to be shimmed at all ? or do them fit right in there
They have to be shimmed. The 2 hole Tamiya is like our 0.9mm I believe. That is why I recommended thicker oil with Rob's setup. Although the big hole/thick oil combo will slow reaction which may help as well.

Jeff
Old 12-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

jeff if you get a chance can you ask rob if the sheet is correct and that he did use a roll bar in the rear as well ?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

jeff if you get a chance can you ask rob if the sheet is correct and that he did use a roll bar in the rear as well ?
It is. I made the setup sheet for the website. If you still have that on there then take it off or leave it and put the 1.9mm bar on the front.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.