Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

For what it's worth, my observations from the sidelines...

RDX = Fastest yet fragile at $$$$ cost.

05FK = Very fast and durable at $$$ cost.

1/12th scale looks mo better all the time.

Welcome back...
Old 11-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
For what it's worth, my observations from the sidelines...

RDX = Fastest yet fragile at $$$$ cost.

05FK = Very fast and durable at $$$ cost.

1/12th scale looks mo better all the time.

Welcome back...
Thanx! This hobby is way too fun to stay out of for too long. It seems to becoming more popular each year along with the price of the RC kits. I'm mainly looking for a car that is easy to setup, and handles smoothly on the track. RDX seems to have those qualities.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wonder how RDX is more fragile with all those aluminum hubs and blocks and solid suspension arms. Or maybe the car just runs TOO fast?
Old 11-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
I wonder how RDX is more fragile with all those aluminum hubs and blocks and solid suspension arms. Or maybe the car just runs TOO fast?
Since when is running too fast a problem <grin>
Old 11-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by ravex
Thanx! This hobby is way too fun to stay out of for too long. It seems to becoming more popular each year along with the price of the RC kits. I'm mainly looking for a car that is easy to setup, and handles smoothly on the track. RDX seems to have those qualities.

Ravex.. you got to get the RDX.. the car is awesome not its not fragile.. you can smack any car into a no movable barrier and something's bound to break. don't matter if its brand A or an rdx.

THE RDX has the same parts front and rear arm, shock, hinge pins, shock towers and more. so parts that you need to have are limited. but this is the top of the line car.. its light super fast, agile and best of all its easy to work on, The quality of the materials is top notch and the fit and finish.. is perfect.

To avoid breaking stuff get the RDX Rubberneck bumper and the kydex under bumper. Like a real car I choose to allow something to break off and its the front steering block I get those in plastic.. easy to change and you don;'t end up breaking an arm or hinge pin .

go fast = RDX!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There seems to be a divide between Xray and the RDX as to which is a better car. I am getting back into the hobby after a year lapse and I am in the market for a new car. Most of the guys at my track are running the T1FK05 but I think the RDX is a better car. Can someone tell me the main advantage of chosing the RDX over the x-ray?

Thanks!

JB
I have driven both and in fact still own 2 of each with *ALL* the hopups you can imagine on both sets of cars (I have enough money in all 4 cars & hopups to support most 3rd world countries ).

On Carpet I like the RDX better ..have never driven it on asphalt so not sure how it compares to the Xray on asphalt. The RDX seems to transition faster without getting "upset"; I have been about a lap faster with the Corally than with the Xray. This is mostly due to the setup help that Aaron Young has given me on the Corally, but whatever the reason, that is the facts for me.

As far as fragile, I've hit the crap out of stuff with the Corally, and the only thing I've broken so far is a front arm ...it's not any less durable than the Xray. If you have an opportunity to, what I would do is see if some local fast guys will let you try their Xray and then their Corally, then see which car works better for you.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Quality of the xray is better. Stick with the car that keeps tqing out here in stockton and everywhere else in the country. The rdx brakes all the time. Compare diffs and you'll see that xray diffs are the best. The xray car is less exspensive and is much more durable.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Guys i got a problem with my sterring where the ball joint is on the Alu.Hub at the top if that and the bottom to are to tite does it affect your steering because im having some problems with it because my servo wont centre or go the furthest way.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Quality of the xray is better. Stick with the car that keeps tqing out here in stockton and everywhere else in the country. The rdx brakes all the time. Compare diffs and you'll see that xray diffs are the best. The xray car is less exspensive and is much more durable.

the RDX right out of the box kicks the shit out of the X-ray...how much money in hop ups do you need to get it to look like hodapps car? the cars break on a even scale with the caliber of drivers who drive it, get on your own thread no bad talk her sir.....
Old 11-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby J
the RDX right out of the box kicks the shit out of the X-ray...how much money in hop ups do you need to get it to look like hodapps car? the cars break on a even scale with the caliber of drivers who drive it, get on your own thread no bad talk her sir.....

Juan is an RC america / xray driver...RDX wouldn't take him.
(just messin' juan he he)
Old 11-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think Xray is a POS I've had the 05 and the only thing I have to say is I hated it you can never get a decent setup on it either and who ever has that car is as weird as it
Old 11-14-2005, 12:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Xray diffs compared to what!!!!!!!!!!! all other touring car? IF so I don't think so. They have a nice diff but I wouldn't say its the best.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
I think Xray is a POS I've had the 05 and the only thing I have to say is I hated it you can never get a decent setup on it either and who ever has that car is as weird as it
Now thats funny. Xrays in are area are like ass's and everyone has one. Almost like all the kids have Civic's and Talon's with coffee can exhausts!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

XRAY less expensive???

RDX carpet kit is ready to rock out of box at $440 w/ springs kit. FK05, if you didn't get the 2 chassis kit and that isn't going to last forever.... $350 for roller, $90 for 3mm chassis, $30 for top deck... I'm not sure if the new kits come with hard arms or not now, so that couldn't potentially be extra. BTW, $55 for springs set from XRAY. Sorry buddy, you just bend over and paid $525 to get an FK05 carpet foam ready and didn't know it. Everyone locally owns an XRAY look at my RDX like it's a piece of jewelry.

Dom
Old 11-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They're both nice cars of similar quality and durability. A lot of people prefer to work on the RDX, and find its design to be more user friendly. The fact that they reuse parts all over the place is HUGE if you're going to stock your own spares. Corally seems to be a good company (with a few well-documented gripes), and parts availability has never been an issue. The people at Corally USA are extremely helpful, as well as their drivers. Plus, the car is great.

You can say most of the same things about XRay. If you would prefer to associate with people like Juan, we Corally folks certainly wouldn't blame you. ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.