Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Lightbulb

My read on the diff height adj. is this... Low diff placement equals lower CG and therefore less chassis role on that end. Depending on your role center, it will behave differently... for carpet, I see no reason to run them high. On low traction surfaces, perhaps this is a way to get more roll and thus more bite. Also, perhaps if you run the higher pivot block settings it is necessary to raise the diff to keep the outdrives in-line with the hubs for efficiency. Do all the RDX's come with these eccentric diff mounts front and rear? Or is it just the carpet spec. The intructions seem to suggest that some kits use a non-eccentric front diff/bulkhead insert.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

they are all offset, except the oneway holders... they have a larger bearing, therefore they are centered. i usually run both of my diffs down low..
Wes
Old 11-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hello all just checking over my car and noticed that when i wiggle the diff pulleys there is alot of sideways movement is this normal i checked the diffs and they are tight like they were when new
Old 11-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miamifanatic
hello all just checking over my car and noticed that when i wiggle the diff pulleys there is alot of sideways movement is this normal i checked the diffs and they are tight like they were when new

yes, this is because the balls are thicker than the pully.. the pully "floats".
Old 11-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah thats normal.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

thanks guys just wanted to be sure
Old 11-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

GO CANES!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

GO DOLPHINS
Old 11-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

dont suppose anybody knows how much small orders like parts etc for the rdx would cost, shipped from corally usa to england? and how long would it take?
thanx
Old 11-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyclone
dont suppose anybody knows how much small orders like parts etc for the rdx would cost, shipped from corally usa to england? and how long would it take?
thanx
Well, CorallyUSA will not ship Corally parts to England. You can purchase Specialized R/C parts and can be shipped. Shipping via US Postal Global EMS for parts should only be like $10-20 I would imagine. Maybe less perhaps. If you need Corally parts Helger Racing I believe is the importer.

Jeff
Old 11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
yes, this is because the balls are thicker than the pully.. the pully "floats".
Hmmm........... can they be purchased in brass?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roger
BadBoy: Im looking as well. The length of the CVD bones are 50.20mm. If anybody has tried other MIP CVD's for other cars, let us all know. Thanks
I just happened to walk to the Corally parts wall today to grab a pair of the steel bones.... right beside it was HPI Pro4 stuff..... just happened to comapre Pro4 CVD bones.... hmm.... same length at least as good as my eye sight can tell. Maybe a tenth or 2 off with a caliber..... With that said, there is one little difference.... The pin where we put your black clips on... The HPI pin seems to be bigger, cause they don't use CVD blades like us. So I'm thinking even if you find the right length, you'll still run into problems fitting the CVD blades on.

Dom
Old 11-09-2005, 03:57 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Come on........
Originally Posted by miamifanatic
GO DOLPHINS
Go Bills
Old 11-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I just happened to walk to the Corally parts wall today to grab a pair of the steel bones.... right beside it was HPI Pro4 stuff..... just happened to comapre Pro4 CVD bones.... hmm.... same length at least as good as my eye sight can tell. Maybe a tenth or 2 off with a caliber..... With that said, there is one little difference.... The pin where we put your black clips on... The HPI pin seems to be bigger, cause they don't use CVD blades like us. So I'm thinking even if you find the right length, you'll still run into problems fitting the CVD blades on.

Dom

Well after thorough investigation and another call to MIP.. I come to find that the RDX bones are unique... heres the difference.

#1 the pin is special only to Corally as a matter of fact they actually supply the pin to MIP.

#2 The ball at the end of the bone where the pin goes through is smaller than tyipically bones again unique to the corraly machine.

What does this all mean? were kinda stuck with no xover replacement.. the only bone with the identical ball and pin size is the Mugen mtx3/4 bone but the lenghth it too long.

Oh well. at least now we know.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom

Dom
Thats right Doms. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.