Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
In my fears of breaking more arms and knuckles off of the right side, I have removed 2 of the 6 thrust cone washers (as a prevent defense)
The easy solution to this problem would be to stop hitting everything on the track. The RDX is a a great car, I have had it for about 8 months now and maybe broke 1 arm, and 1 knuckle. You most hit some serious stuff if you are having that many problems. This is why i stopped taking advise from people online, because the guys giving you advise have no clue, yet they are on here telling everyone what to do. Do yourself a favor, instead of listening to people that dont know make sure you know the source like a Jeff Brown or Aaron Young, you know people that actually can drive.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Wow, the word ASS comes to mind.

Eveyone is not as perfect as you are, obviously. We should all shut up now, and leave these boards to the Pros, because, they never hit anything, and everything they say is the word carved into stone.

Get a life.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think he was just trying to say to take info found on the net at your own risk unless you know the source. I dont think he was trying to project the attitude that you took it as.

He does make a point though. The car isnt going to break if you dont crash. I have only broken my car a couple times, usually in practice because of other cars on the track.. is the car fragile? I suppose thats all relative to who is driving it. Could it be stronger?.. anything could LOL... It is a great car..

There is a new kydex bumper from what I understand. and if my info is wrong, the template to make one out of a buds tc3 bumper is on the front page of www.corallyusa.com //That should help a ton on breakages.

Keith
Old 11-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by To the Front
The easy solution to this problem would be to stop hitting everything on the track. The RDX is a a great car, I have had it for about 8 months now and maybe broke 1 arm, and 1 knuckle. You most hit some serious stuff if you are having that many problems. This is why i stopped taking advise from people online, because the guys giving you advise have no clue, yet they are on here telling everyone what to do. Do yourself a favor, instead of listening to people that dont know make sure you know the source like a Jeff Brown or Aaron Young, you know people that actually can drive.

Theres only one big problem here-Apex Speed is 100% accurate in his diff building process and how the diff bolt snap!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Ray. In a perfect world, none of us would ever crash. The hits that I had that broke parts were glancing blows and minor hits, at best. In 25 years of racing R/C cars, I have not ever seen parts breakage with such light contact with ANY car. I don't believe it is the problem of the car or the driver, but rather right side CVD clearance issues magnified by using multiple thrust cone washers without extra shims to widen the front end.

A word of caution based on experience never hurt anyone, but some people like to use discussion forums to flex internet muscles. He has 17 posts here and most of them are inciting confrontations. Go figure.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i kinda noticed that as well, Apex...

i had that problem in Vegas, and i think the cvd issue was mine, too. i was using the 6 washers in the front, and no spacing on the arms... glanced the inside of a turn, trying to run a tight line, and... snap. upon inspection when i got home and saw all the info, i can see where the blades were contacting the screw... doh!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So, are you insinuating that the RDX is only to be driven by the very best drivers who are capable of almost never making a mistake or hitting anything? If that's the case, I'd like to know now so I can find a car made by a company that doesn't cater to elitists.

Idiot.

Originally Posted by To the Front
Old 11-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Lord

Since the 6 washer thing is a "hack," I can't really fault Corally if it's causing some other issue. It wasn't part of their engineering, right?

I'm due to rebuild my diffs, and had intended to try the 6 washer trick, but the last thing I need is more breakage. I've got two 1MM shims in the front, so hopefully that gives me enough clearance.

I mounted the new kydex bumper last night, and it's wonderful. I compared it to the one I tried to make from the template with a dremel, and it was pretty shameful. Thanks for getting that out the door SRC.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Since the 6 washer thing is a "hack," I can't really fault Corally if it's causing some other issue. It wasn't part of their engineering, right?

I'm due to rebuild my diffs, and had intended to try the 6 washer trick, but the last thing I need is more breakage. I've got two 1MM shims in the front, so hopefully that gives me enough clearance.

I mounted the new kydex bumper last night, and it's wonderful. I compared it to the one I tried to make from the template with a dremel, and it was pretty shameful. Thanks for getting that out the door SRC.
Syndrome-with two 1mm shims on the hingepin blocks-you wont bottom out the CVD even with 6-bevel washers.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Also, when looking at the different setups, like Cuffs' IIC for example, what brand shock oil are you guys using? I've just recently learned that not all brands are created equal. :-D Still a n00b I guess.

I was running trinity shock oil
Old 11-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Lord

Thanks Ray and Jeff.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default Specialized parts in the UK

Hello guy's, How can i order this or any other parts from the specialized rc website. When i try to register it only allows addresses in the states or canada. I live in the UK and can't get them here. Can anybody help me please?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Syndrome-with two 1mm shims on the hingepin blocks-you wont bottom out the CVD even with 6-bevel washers.

FWIW, I mic'd the 2 cone washers I took out of the front diff (4 remain), and the depth/height was 1.3mm. I was surprised it was that much, but that does make sense. With the added 1mm shims, the CVD clearance problem should be moot, regardless if you are using 4 or 6 spring cone washers.

And yes, it is not a Corally problem, but one derived from a modification. Even the smallest of mods have repercussions.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stegger
Hello guy's, How can i order this or any other parts from the specialized rc website. When i try to register it only allows addresses in the states or canada. I live in the UK and can't get them here. Can anybody help me please?
Just put in your city normally and pick a state. Shoot an email to [email protected] to let them know your exact shipping address and it will be fine. We are updating our system so hopefully international shipping will be easier in the future.

Jeff
Old 11-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default set up

hello all looking for a set up i have the corally rdx carpet spec. we are running on ozite carpet. the track size is 30 by 45. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if someone is running the same size track what there set up is thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.