Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Where is the best deal for ceramic bearings?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Can anyone confirm the weight of the 3.9mm chassis?

I have weighed the top decks, and the stock is 18 grams, with the 3.4mm top deck being 20 grams (~ +/- 1 gram). The factory stock 2.9mm chassis is 84 grams or 2.96 oz.

If anyone could also weigh any of the chassis pieces not mentioned (2.4mm chassis, etc.), that would be a real big help.

Thanks,

doug
Old 10-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TO ALL CORRALY DRIVERS- Congrats on a killer car. All of us out on the west coast know where to bar is set. We now have to catch up to you guys. Aaron Young is a killer part of your team. Enjoy it while it lasts. Schumacher is coming for you.....LOL
Old 10-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jeff Cuffs,
I am getting ready for Horsham PA for the opening this weekend and I was wondering what is a good base set-up for the carpet car. I know they are moving to a different location, but do you have a good starting roll-out # for a Moster Stock? Russ G from High Powered Hobbies may even make a showing.
Thanks,
Nick
Old 10-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just wanted to stop by and say hi ...I'm the lates norcal convert (from an Xray) ...was "on the fence" and drove one of A-Yo's cars this last weekend and that "sealed the deal" , got one car almost built and will be ordering my second one from the LHS tomorrow (along with all the Support Goodies Aaron recommened)
Old 10-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Just wanted to stop by and say hi ...I'm the lates norcal convert (from an Xray) ...was "on the fence" and drove one of A-Yo's cars this last weekend and that "sealed the deal" , got one car almost built and will be ordering my second one from the LHS tomorrow (along with all the Support Goodies Aaron recommened)
Hey J!!! You'll love it and now you need to ask yourself.... "Damn, why didn't I run a RDX sooner???"

Dom
Old 10-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

LOL ...maybe I needed "baby steps" xxx-s --> Xray --> Corally

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Hey J!!! You'll love it and now you need to ask yourself.... "Damn, why didn't I run a RDX sooner???"

Dom
Old 10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Company Representative

SETUP SHEETS ADDED

The website has been updated with setups from Cuffs and Toso from the IIC Race a couple weeks ago. Ertrachter's Rubber Tire setup will be up in the next few days.

We will also contact guys regarding the ROAR Nationals this past weekend for their setups as well.

ROAR NATIONALS

Talk about loading up an A-main. Corally RDX cars took 7 out of 10 cars in the Stock Touring Car A-main Final. Awesome showing and nice work. Congrats to TJ Bradley, Mike Dobbs, Jason Ertrachter, Shad Galante, Brandon Melton, Charlie Albrecht and Joel Bandera.

Next up....... Cleveland Indoor Champs.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CorallyUSA
SETUP SHEETS ADDED

The website has been updated with setups from Cuffs and Toso from the IIC Race a couple weeks ago. Ertrachter's Rubber Tire setup will be up in the next few days.

We will also contact guys regarding the ROAR Nationals this past weekend for their setups as well.

ROAR NATIONALS

Talk about loading up an A-main. Corally RDX cars took 7 out of 10 cars in the Stock Touring Car A-main Final. Awesome showing and nice work. Congrats to TJ Bradley, Mike Dobbs, Jason Ertrachter, Shad Galante, Brandon Melton, Charlie Albrecht and Joel Bandera.

If your guys could only learn to stop taking each other out one of them might have won...The corally's were fast for sure...Just no team work in the mains. Congrads for the most cars in the main!!

EA
Old 10-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
If your guys could only learn to stop taking each other out one of them might have won...The corally's were fast for sure...Just no team work in the mains. Congrads for the most cars in the main!!

EA
It was pretty brutal.

Jeff
Old 10-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

ran my rdx at the track last week and took 3rd in the pro stock class COudlve made it into 2nd and maybe 1st,, but the guys in the rear spots wouldnt let the leaders pass it seemed and the hackin was rediculous. I love this car.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Last Sunday I ran my RDX in pretty good grip (Black paragon groove) and it was superb. I was amazed at how different it was from morning lower grip to post race day grip (I ran 12th all day). It got better. Better meaning easier to drive and higher corner speed. NO wonder this car always kicks butt when traction comes up.

Here is on thing I'd like to see what you guys have done. For the super tight corners from fast strights, the dual rate I have in the car has the rims hit the shock bottoms. So I run my dual rate just afew clicks less than ideal. So-in other words-more steering withut doing something dumb like narrow arm width with wide hexes.

Ray
Old 10-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CorallyUSA
Don't forget about the Halloween Classic!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Here is on thing I'd like to see what you guys have done. For the super tight corners from fast strights, the dual rate I have in the car has the rims hit the shock bottoms. So I run my dual rate just afew clicks less than ideal. So-in other words-more steering withut doing something dumb like narrow arm width with wide hexes.

Ray, my thought on D/R adjustments is pretty simple. I set it when I am setting the car up on the bench, to allow the MOST steering travel without hitting anything out binding the servo in both directions. Then LEAVE IT ALONE. Removing dual rate on the radio to reduce the steering on the track only reduces steering radius, not traction. I don't like to ever mechanically (electronically) reduce the amount of steering throw once I have it set. It just makes it that much harder for the car to get through the tight corners when you need the smaller radii. Only in a setup emergency (when I miss it completely and I can't drive the car) will I change it on the driver's stand during a session. To me, a D/R change to reduce steering is a Band-Aid and nothing else.

Most of us have pretty high end radios with these cars, so I find it much better to slow down servo speed if a little less snap is needed, or if less grip is actually needed from the front of the car, I will do it with shock oil, spring rates, swaybars, caster, camber and then linkage points (tires would normally be first, but I run rubber specs).
Old 10-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Setup Sheets

I don't know if you guys noticed but both Cuff's and Toso's setups from the IIC are posted on the Corally USA site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.