Wiki Posts
Search

t2 and xr2 battery tray measurments

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default t2 and xr2 battery tray measurments

i have a t2 coming in and plan on making it into a speed car but i have to know weather my battery will fit or if i have to get another. the battery i hope to run is a turnigy 5000mah 3s is the exotec chassis a good upgrade or could i file down the stock chassis
Old 11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buickgnx
i have a t2 coming in and plan on making it into a speed car but i have to know weather my battery will fit or if i have to get another. the battery i hope to run is a turnigy 5000mah 3s is the exotec chassis a good upgrade or could i file down the stock chassis
If its an original 2006 T2 Xray, then no it wont fit properly under the bulk heads. The most I have ever seen in the car was a TP 4900 (137mm x 46mm x 23mm). It was a tight fit, had to grind away at the bulk head to allow it to fit. They battery you are suggesting has a height of 27mm.

If you dont car about how far the pack is hanging out the side, make a brace for it, and mount the half way off the chassis. It will allow for better left/right balance of the car wiithout adding any extra weight.

Shawn

Last edited by Shawn68z; 11-28-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: revised lipo pack dimensions
Old 11-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks shawn. i have some spare alum hanging around and ill see what i can do. i didnt think about height i was concerned about length, do you think it will fit that way?