R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TC6 vs Xray T3 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/448169-tc6-vs-xray-t3-2011-a.html)

vr6cj 02-23-2011 10:23 PM

I went with Xray because the local fast guy is a rcamerica/tekin etc. sponsered driver and helps me out. No regrets, but I own all AE offroad cars so I'm not bias towards another. Besides the graphite and orange anodizing are mezerizing to look at. :P

hacker 02-23-2011 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jake95 (Post 8175023)
do you like it:tire:

No, it frustrated him so much he couldn't drive, that he has given up RC altogether :lol:

hacker 02-23-2011 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by tilly98 (Post 8697423)
if it was me making the choice i would go for the xray 1.you may have to pay more but you will get more out of them! 2.if you have a t3 already you can buy the upgrade kit to make it the 11 3.they are just brilliant!:nod:

yes totally agree. You need to outlay more up front for an xray, but they are worth it. And they hardly break.

Professor 02-24-2011 01:25 AM

[QUOTE=timmig;8146818]I'd also look at the Top "Photon" as it comes with a spool in the front--diff in the back--and spare arms / nut's / bolts and bearings!! It's easy to setup and parts are NOT as expensive as the Xray. It's great for 21.5 --and I"ll bet it will be a while before your ready to switch to 13.5!! Great handling car and can be had for LESS than $400.

i would have to agree with tim,i know you ask about the tc6 or t3 2011 xray
but maybe have a look at the photon.i switched to photon last april after having had xrays for the last 6 years & havnt looked back ,im just your average club racer also but i can tell u the photon is an easier car to drive & set up ( for me anyway )most ppl that have a drive of a photon say the same thing about how easy it is to drive it fast.another thing that i like is the way photon keep bringing out upgrades to the car instead of a new kit every year.anyway just an option for you to maybe consider
good luck with your decision

cheehtae 02-24-2011 04:50 AM

[QUOTE=Professor;8702392]

Originally Posted by timmig (Post 8146818)
I'd also look at the Top "Photon" as it comes with a spool in the front--diff in the back--and spare arms / nut's / bolts and bearings!! It's easy to setup and parts are NOT as expensive as the Xray. It's great for 21.5 --and I"ll bet it will be a while before your ready to switch to 13.5!! Great handling car and can be had for LESS than $400.

i would have to agree with tim,i know you ask about the tc6 or t3 2011 xray
but maybe have a look at the photon.i switched to photon last april after having had xrays for the last 6 years & havnt looked back ,im just your average club racer also but i can tell u the photon is an easier car to drive & set up ( for me anyway )most ppl that have a drive of a photon say the same thing about how easy it is to drive it fast.another thing that i like is the way photon keep bringing out upgrades to the car instead of a new kit every year.anyway just an option for you to maybe consider
good luck with your decision

Don't go with a PHOTON please, I use to drive a 416WE then change to a photon (worst car I've ever owned) could not drive the freakin car, switch to TC6 and let me tell you it's like night and day. Sorry Prof. This statement is not intended to hurt anybody it's my own honest opinion.

gaspar 10-30-2011 07:55 PM

Xray T3 2010 for newbies

Hi everybody
Im trying to comeback to the electric scene after 10 years (in my times we were using tc3, Xpress and yokomo with 3000 nimh!!).
Would you please tell me a few things:
1. What is the main differences between T3 2010 and 2011? does it matter to me as a rookie?
2. What is a good combo for ESC, brushless motor in the 13.5 category and 17.5?

thanks!! great forum!!