Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GDF
I'm going to get the narrow arms, just want to make sure I can still use the rear stock swing shafts. Also, is this is the narrow arms from the sakura xi everyone else is using:

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5286

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but I won't have to change anything else if I use the narrow arms right? I've already made all the changes to increase rear grip (softer rear springs, increased roll center, 3* toe, camber, stand-up shocks), but I still want more rear grip.
you will need 44 length shafts for those
Old 04-16-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GDF
I'm going to get the narrow arms, just want to make sure I can still use the rear stock swing shafts. Also, is this is the narrow arms from the sakura xi everyone else is using:

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5286

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but I won't have to change anything else if I use the narrow arms right? I've already made all the changes to increase rear grip (softer rear springs, increased roll center, 3* toe, camber, stand-up shocks), but I still want more rear grip.
you will need 44 shafts with those arms and nothing else needed.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
With the +4 shock towers you must run full size sedan shocks. The kit stock shorties won't work unless you go back to the stock shock towers.
I have the standard shock towers and shocks at the moment, so not really in a rush.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shimmy
I have the standard shock towers and shocks at the moment, so not really in a rush.
No need to change then.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

You want the vertical motor mount part SAK-S17/PK.

The stock shocks are fine, but as you have the +4 shock towers they try the Tamiya TRF sedan shocks. Best in the biz.

I've tried the sway bars and didn't like how sensitive it made the car and took them off. That was indoors on carpet though so outside on asphalt mighe be different.
Get to know the car and all of the tuning options really well then try the sway bar again. I run indoor carpet and love the way they fine tune the chassis. If you are trying to tune your driving or the car to make up .5 seconds then you probably won't want the sway bars but if you are hunting for the .1 or .05 advantage and that last little bit of perfect set up then the sway bars are wonderful. They can be very useful if you thoroughly understand the rest of the car. If not they just complicate things. It may also make them easier to use if you start with only the front bar and see how it changes the handling with each different bar. Then add the rear to really finish the set up.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'm building my zero and had a few ?'s
I ended up getting a lot of upgrades and with the vertical motor plate I had to dremal some areas for clearance to get it on and for gear mesh 84/42 64p so far I don't see a problem, but I saw that I can't use the 4 holes to put bolts through ,motor mount has none and opposite side does because its the stock plastic pc ,I figured to keep it uniform I'd leave both sides off so ..in total I have 4 bolts in and 4 out in the rear ..is this normal or ok ...
Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bronc4now
I'm building my zero and had a few ?'s
I ended up getting a lot of upgrades and with the vertical motor plate I had to dremal some areas for clearance to get it on and for gear mesh 84/42 64p so far I don't see a problem, but I saw that I can't use the 4 holes to put bolts through ,motor mount has none and opposite side does because its the stock plastic pc ,I figured to keep it uniform I'd leave both sides off so ..in total I have 4 bolts in and 4 out in the rear ..is this normal or ok ...
Did you use the vertical mount SAK-S17/PK? This part includes alloy parts to support the center layshaft on both sides. There are 4 holes in the stock upper deck that are no longer used once the stock motor mount is replaced and I've not had any issues. I did buy and install an extra alloy vertical upper deck post (SAK-57/PK) to ensure that there wasn't any additional flex.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Did you use the vertical mount SAK-S17/PK? This part includes alloy parts to support the center layshaft on both sides. There are 4 holes in the stock upper deck that are no longer used once the stock motor mount is replaced and I've not had any issues. I did buy and install an extra alloy vertical upper deck post (SAK-57/PK) to ensure that there wasn't any additional flex.
I'll take a look tonight not sure of part # but i thought there was only 1 vertical mount .and mine only came with one side the motor side ..
Also with the grinding I did to clear motor the top deck looks to be weak ill post a pic later to show ..
Thanks tho ..
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

3Racing has multiple vertical motor mounts.

SAK-66/V2/PK is for the sakura zero as it already has a alloy stand opposite the motor mount.

SAK-S17/PK is for the sakura zero s and comes with an alloy stand because the zero s only comes with a plastic stand.

The one for the Zero S motor mount set only has holes for 2 screws while the stock one had holes for 4 screws.

The one for the Zero has no holes for the upper deck as the Zero upper deck doesn't even have holes to go to the motor mount. I don't have my carbon upper deck with me at work to show you the picture.

If you use the soft carbon upper deck SAK-38/WO it doesn't allow for any screws into the motor mount area.

I suspect that if you use the standard/hard carbon upper deck SAK-S16/WO you can put 2 holes into the motor mount. From what the pictures look like.

Here is a picture of mine. I'm using the original upper deck, which I filed down slightly. SAK-S17/PK the zero s version of the motor mount that comes with both sides. And you can

Sorry I know its confusing but this is the best I can explain it.

If you want a stiff chassis your best bet is to use SAK-S17/PK Motor Mount, and SAK-38/WO Upper deck.

If you want a softer chassis you can use either motor mount. and either upper deck.

Or you can do either and also go with SteveM 's idea, and just put in a vertical upper deck post (SAK-57/PK) with either setup to make it stiffer if needed.

That is the conclusion I came up to.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RicerX1
3Racing has multiple vertical motor mounts.

SAK-66/V2/PK is for the sakura zero as it already has a alloy stand opposite the motor mount.

SAK-S17/PK is for the sakura zero s and comes with an alloy stand because the zero s only comes with a plastic stand.

The one for the Zero S motor mount set only has holes for 2 screws while the stock one had holes for 4 screws.

The one for the Zero has no holes for the upper deck as the Zero upper deck doesn't even have holes to go to the motor mount. I don't have my carbon upper deck with me at work to show you the picture.

If you use the soft carbon upper deck SAK-38/WO it doesn't allow for any screws into the motor mount area.

I suspect that if you use the standard/hard carbon upper deck SAK-S16/WO you can put 2 holes into the motor mount. From what the pictures look like.

Here is a picture of mine. I'm using the original upper deck, which I filed down slightly. SAK-S17/PK the zero s version of the motor mount that comes with both sides. And you can

Sorry I know its confusing but this is the best I can explain it.

If you want a stiff chassis your best bet is to use SAK-S17/PK Motor Mount, and SAK-38/WO Upper deck.

If you want a softer chassis you can use either motor mount. and either upper deck.

Or you can do either and also go with SteveM 's idea, and just put in a vertical upper deck post (SAK-57/PK) with either setup to make it stiffer if needed.

That is the conclusion I came up to.
thanks for that info . i see i do have the sak66/pk motor mount .
here is a pic

I am going to order a 2nd upper deck since i grinded this one down to much . if i can id like to get the other side pc also .
Attached Thumbnails 3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_0886.jpg  
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bronc4now
thanks for that info . i see i do have the sak66/pk motor mount .
here is a pic

I am going to order a 2nd upper deck since i grinded this one down to much . if i can id like to get the other side pc also .
This side? this is the alloy stand that is opposite the motor mount that comes with the SAK-S17/PK
Old 04-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RicerX1
This side? this is the alloy stand that is opposite the motor mount that comes with the SAK-S17/PK
Unfortunately, I think the only way to get that "other side piece" is to order the Zero S vertical motor mount which comes with both sides of the lay shaft holder. (As opposed to the Zero vertical motor mount which only comes with the motor side lay shaft holder since the other side is already alloy on the Zero.)

Not sure if there is any noticeable performance difference between running one alloy and one frp piece or not.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Finally had some good weather here in Norway, set a new fastest lap for myself!
With good in April I mean +5-7 degrees Celsius, so for you americans thats pretty cold I think for driving outside on the asphalt!
I had some problems with not getting enough speed out on the straight, but I think my front belt is a little bit too loose.
My best for the day was 15.8 with 13.5T blinky, which is a new class we are setting up in Norway this year. 13.2 was the best time set by a modified driver on the same track today. So I'm not that far off.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Need your help guys. I'm desperately trying to find a place that sells the SAK-32 aluminum rear bulkheads. Can someone find ANY in stock ANYWHERE ! ? I have all the other upgrades except this one. I'll need two pairs (for two cars). Someone please help!!!!

I've already checked rmart, rcmushroom, rcstation ebay...this forum etc.....
Old 04-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pokey72
Need your help guys. I'm desperately trying to find a place that sells the SAK-32 aluminum rear bulkheads. Can someone find ANY in stock ANYWHERE ! ? I have all the other upgrades except this one. I'll need two pairs (for two cars). Someone please help!!!!

I've already checked rmart, rcmushroom, rcstation ebay...this forum etc.....
Try hotshot rc in marietta Georgia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.