Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thomaseh
I did some adjustments to my car, had a day off from work yesterday and went to my local indoor track. Drove 37 laps in 5.00.2 where the record is 38 in 5.04.5, and my best lap was at 7.350 and the lap record with the Sakura is 6.995. I am very pleased with my car, and it goes so smooth!
Awesome to hear. Glad it is running so smooth for you. I'm actually thinking of getting another one to run the USGT class. 21.5 motors. This really is a great chassis.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I bought one for VTA and then bought another for 17.5.

I won't get to tune the 17.5 until next weekend but i'm interested to see if i'll need to do anything different because of the higher speeds.

Plus I'll get to test the 2* and 3* rear toe on my VTA ride to see which is faster.

I might even have my Sakura FGX ready to go... it will be a 3Racing kinda weekend!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

When I raced my car in the Norwegian Championship I bought an extra car, just for fun. But now I am thinking of building it up for 13,5T blinky mode driving. And then having my awesome car that I have now for modified driving. Time will tell if I need instant spares I now got 2,5 car
Old 03-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was able to correct the rear end slide on tight corners. Thank you to vette and pejota.

Trying to improve my driving.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kikoy
I was able to correct the rear end slide on tight corners. Thank you to vette and pejota.

Trying to improve my driving.
Great to hear. Glad its working better for you. So much more fun when they drive straight. What did you do that helped the most?
Old 03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can anyone verify that the Sakura XI chassis would be compatible with the Zero S? It looks like the front and rear bulkheads would mount up!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Don't think so as the X1 has the bulkheads narrower to each other.
Correct me if i am wrong
Also the topdeck it different because of the mounting points for the centre axle.

regards Roy
Old 03-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC Passion
Can anyone verify that the Sakura XI chassis would be compatible with the Zero S? It looks like the front and rear bulkheads would mount up!
Doubt it. But there is a narrow CF chassis for the Zero that gives you about the same results.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Passion
It should be ok. You might need the XI steering system though. The bulkheads should be the same because the diffs, bearings and bearing carrier are all the same size. They do use different fastening methods but shouldn't effect the mounting of the bulkheads.

The XI is just a bunch of little changes over the zero, most parts are interchangeable.

You'll have different holes on the chassis your not using for the lipo securing the XI uses.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wollow86
It should be ok. You might need the XI steering system though. The bulkheads should be the same because the diffs, bearings and bearing carrier are all the same size. They do use different fastening methods but shouldn't effect the mounting of the bulkheads.

The XI is just a bunch of little changes over the zero, most parts are interchangeable.

You'll have different holes on the chassis your not using for the lipo securing the XI uses.
Hmmmmm have you researched this? Most of the xi parts are different including the bulkheads caps shock towers steering etc
Old 03-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Hmmmmm have you researched this? Most of the xi parts are different including the bulkheads caps shock towers steering etc
Other then having worked on a friends zero s and some quick comparisons I couldn't definitively tell you it would be 100% the same. I can compare them closely over the next few days and tell you for sure.

I would say without a doubt you'd need the XI steering system, but the things that are different on the bulkheads are only minor. For example, on the rear bulk head for the XI the changes is the extra section for the integrated belt tensioner, the holes for the different bearing cams that can be screwed in place rather then clamped in place, the bulk head covers that can accept the different shock tower (bringing the mounting holes further forwards) and the adjustable arm length without changing camber.

But despite all that, the mounting screws, and the lugs to line the bulkheads up on the chassis, look to be in the same places, and same distances apart from each other.

The XI bulkheads still have the screw holes for mounting the rear tower for the zero(s) as well.

The other things like suspension mounts are the same as well.

You would not have the holes for the battery holder, and gain some for the battery locator posts the XI uses. The bumpers are the same... So I reckon most of it is the same.

A lot of the other stuff the XI has are things like the narrow rear arms as standard, V2 gear diff and solid axle front, motor mount is moved forward, but i think its mostly the same as the zero mount apart from the root arm being different.

I'm actually using the root arm from a VMM for the zero right now for more space for pinions, and that lines up fine. And I've also used a V1 diff in the front of mine (from a zero s) with the bearings from that and the cams from my XI, also worked fine.

But I haven't compared the 2 with callipers side by side to know for sure. As I said though, I can check some time in the next few days.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Great to hear. Glad its working better for you. So much more fun when they drive straight. What did you do that helped the most?
I adjusted camber 2* front and 1* rear, also shimmed the outer ball mount for camber link. it helped in cornering traction.

Thank you again!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Other then having worked on a friends zero s and some quick comparisons I couldn't definitively tell you it would be 100% the same. I can compare them closely over the next few days and tell you for sure.

I would say without a doubt you'd need the XI steering system, but the things that are different on the bulkheads are only minor. For example, on the rear bulk head for the XI the changes is the extra section for the integrated belt tensioner, the holes for the different bearing cams that can be screwed in place rather then clamped in place, the bulk head covers that can accept the different shock tower (bringing the mounting holes further forwards) and the adjustable arm length without changing camber.

But despite all that, the mounting screws, and the lugs to line the bulkheads up on the chassis, look to be in the same places, and same distances apart from each other.

The XI bulkheads still have the screw holes for mounting the rear tower for the zero(s) as well.

The other things like suspension mounts are the same as well.

You would not have the holes for the battery holder, and gain some for the battery locator posts the XI uses. The bumpers are the same... So I reckon most of it is the same.

A lot of the other stuff the XI has are things like the narrow rear arms as standard, V2 gear diff and solid axle front, motor mount is moved forward, but i think its mostly the same as the zero mount apart from the root arm being different.

I'm actually using the root arm from a VMM for the zero right now for more space for pinions, and that lines up fine. And I've also used a V1 diff in the front of mine (from a zero s) with the bearings from that and the cams from my XI, also worked fine.

But I haven't compared the 2 with callipers side by side to know for sure. As I said though, I can check some time in the next few days.
Great information. I'm glad to hear that the parts seem to interchange. Makes spares easier. I will be very interested in your "official" findings in the future.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kikoy
I adjusted camber 2* front and 1* rear, also shimmed the outer ball mount for camber link. it helped in cornering traction.

Thank you again!
no problem. I'm just glad your enjoying the car.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That would be super if u would do that! I like to build up cars by adding upgrades one at a time rather than buying a fully loaded car. And I wouldn't mind changing out the steering system or adding a few holes in the center section if necessary. Let us know what u find out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.