Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

oh ya all most for got rebuilt my rear diffs and after todays had 3 races still not leaking. not as smooth as a xray diff but all right. used 60 wgt shock oil and spool still had a hard time with traction but thinking its my servo saver making me do krazy stuff
Old 10-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Excellent choice of upgrades, do you alloy bulk heads or still using the kit plastic ones?

Cheers
Rob.
Finally installed all depicted, I'm using the plastic bulkheads. I figure it should be lighter and more durable (just less stiff).

Car is around 100g lighter!
Old 10-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kanamin
Finally installed all depicted, I'm using the plastic bulkheads. I figure it should be lighter and more durable (just less stiff).

What is your total weight now?

The plastic bulkheads will be lighter but not sure about durability. I didn't have mine mounted long enough to find out. 2 years on aluminium with no problems.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 6376vette
What is your total weight now?

The plastic bulkheads will be lighter but not sure about durability. I didn't have mine mounted long enough to find out. 2 years on alumrnium with no problems.
1416 + transponder and some other minors I forgot to put on the scale. It was 1520 last week. My USGT body is like 50g heavier than my Protoform though, so I'd be much lighter in another class. (It's a Tamiya, those stickers seem substantial!). Local class minimum is 1385.
Re: durability I mean collective durability, I have most of the other parts in stock plastic so I'm assuming they "give" more when I hit something. Either that or I've just been really lucky.

Can't wait to drive this thing!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
oh ya all most for got rebuilt my rear diffs and after todays had 3 races still not leaking. not as smooth as a xray diff but all right. used 60 wgt shock oil and spool still had a hard time with traction but thinking its my servo saver making me do krazy stuff
Glad to hear that you got your gear diff working and sealed with no leaks, one key factor is coating the seals all over with grease, any type will do but preferable the grey anti wear grease.

If you're using the kit servo saver the car will be undrivable after a few runs, get a decent one such as the kimbrough that 6376vette mentioned earlier.

Originally Posted by kanamin
That's a significant weight saving!

The alloy bulkheads & other parts will be a little heavier but you can offset that by using titanium screws throughout the car.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My car comes in at 1355g ready to race with lrp 5200 lipo, narrow chassis plus carbon shock towers (xi rear) top plate and bumper support, all zero alloy suspension, bulkhead and steering parts,rear ball diff with alloy drive shafts, alloy ball studs throughout, steel screws replaced with titanium or alloy screws, threaded shocks. SSK driveshafts on the way and then ill put the spool back in which will make it even lighter, then ill need a heavier lipo or add weight to make the min 1350g weight for touring car
Old 10-13-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Glad to hear that you got your gear diff working and sealed with no leaks, one key factor is coating the seals all over with grease, any type will do but preferable the grey anti wear grease.

If you're using the kit servo saver the car will be undrivable after a few runs, get a decent one such as the kimbrough that 6376vette mentioned earlier.

That's a significant weight saving!

The alloy bulkheads & other parts will be a little heavier but you can offset that by using titanium screws throughout the car.

Cheers
Rob.
Great point about the titanium screws. I had bad luck with the 3 racing screws though. The heads kept breaking off. that was a couple of years ago. maybe they fixed the problem.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thefan
My car comes in at 1355g ready to race with lrp 5200 lipo, narrow chassis plus carbon shock towers (xi rear) top plate and bumper support, all zero alloy suspension, bulkhead and steering parts,rear ball diff with alloy drive shafts, alloy ball studs throughout, steel screws replaced with titanium or alloy screws, threaded shocks. SSK driveshafts on the way and then ill put the spool back in which will make it even lighter, then ill need a heavier lipo or add weight to make the min 1350g weight for touring car
My sons car can get to 1335. Don't know how. mine hasn't gotten below 1400 but I think my weight is mostly in the lipo. he runs a 4300 and I run a 6500. Funny thing is that even with the 6500 my car is still left side heavy but my electronics aren't the lightest.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

I installed the narrow chassis, that is 70grs. lighter than the stock. All aluminium, ssk driveshafts, spool on front, shock towers in stock fibre. Weight: 1400 with a nanotech 6000 65C lipo and mazda speed 6...

Waiting for a road test!

Old 10-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

ta04evah
what gear oil are you using in your front gear? 300000?
ya im not sure about servo saver but will change it just to make sure.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 64 pitch gears

hi there

just got the sakura s zero

and wanted to convert it to 64 pitch gears
but I have no idea what and who makes the gears that will fit the car.
any help will be appreciated

thanks joe

im in Pennsylvania, usa

is there any local hobby stores that sell parts
Old 10-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
ta04evah
what gear oil are you using in your front gear? 300000?
ya im not sure about servo saver but will change it just to make sure.
I'm using 500,000 in my front diff, this gives me good turn in and good acceleration out of the turns. With that weight oil in the front any impacts are absorbed, which helps to minimise any damage to the front drive train.

In saying that however, I have switched to a spool front because I now race in a faster class which uses 13.5 motors in blinky mode. Snapped my first belt the other night - my fault though as I hit a track barrier hard and the front belt snapped. Might see if I can get some 1,000,000 weight oil and use a gear diff again as that may help to prevent belts snapping, and also try a little harder to not hit things.

As for the servo saver, get a good one and see if that helps.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joen007
hi there

just got the sakura s zero

and wanted to convert it to 64 pitch gears
but I have no idea what and who makes the gears that will fit the car.
any help will be appreciated

thanks joe

im in Pennsylvania, usa

is there any local hobby stores that sell parts
Robinson gears work well. 80 tooth is the smallest I have fit the holder in. 88 seems to be a good middle ground. 100 required grinding of the motor mount to get clearance for the opinion. I don't know what the largest spur you can fit without mods is.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default gears

thank you for the information
Old 10-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

so i never made it out to racing this weekend but i did get some time to work on my chassis. i took out the servo saver and used a solar 770 servo with out a saver and we will see how that works untill my xray saver gets in.

what tires do you guys recommend for vta?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.