Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sakuraszero
Thanks mate I ended up getting LTCR (Rubber) Regular Weight Clear Body
heres the link

http://racepf.com/touring-car-190mm/...ht-clear-body/

The older Parma Mohawk bodies are really good for top speed runs also.
http://www.redrc.net/2006/12/parma-m...mm-sedan-body/

They are cheap to.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I ran a Parma Mohawk body and the car was planted. Worked great.

Last edited by SteveM; 12-24-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone help me with a new problem I had tonight? The front belt kept flipping over to the teeth being on the outside. I made the car much faster tonight by fiddling about with the timing of the motor, a 13.5t. It never did it before but now I made it quicker it flips every time.

Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eddscott
Can anyone help me with a new problem I had tonight? The front belt kept flipping over to the teeth being on the outside. I made the car much faster tonight by fiddling about with the timing of the motor, a 13.5t. It never did it before but now I made it quicker it flips every time.

Any ideas?
Either the belt is loose or worn or the top deck or chassis is damaged or has too much flex.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks robindog! I saw the ABC Datsun bodies but I thought it was way too narrow. Maybe I was looking at the mini version. I didn't think they had a 190mm wide one. I will go back and scour the ABC site. If the Tamiya Datsun Z seems too far off, I'll re list it for sale before I cut it up or anything.

I plan on tapping all the 3mm holes before I assemble anything. I hope that takes care of the screw issues.

EDIT: I just found the 190mm x 260mm Datsun on the ABC site. I don't care much for the body lines on that one. The mini versions look awesome, but the 1/10 scale lines are off. I own two Datsun Z cars and that body just seems off to me. The rear quarter hips are too curvy and the windshield lays back too much. Yes, I am a bit picky since I really want a scale look.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cygnusx1
Thanks robindog! I saw the ABC Datsun bodies but I thought it was way too narrow. Maybe I was looking at the mini version. I didn't think they had a 190mm wide one. I will go back and scour the ABC site. If the Tamiya Datsun Z seems too far off, I'll re list it for sale before I cut it up or anything.
No problem. Yes, they sell separate 1/10 and 1/12 (mini chassis) bodies.

EDIT: I just found the 190mm x 260mm Datsun on the ABC site. I don't care much for the body lines on that one. The mini versions look awesome, but the 1/10 scale lines are off. I own two Datsun Z cars and that body just seems off to me. The rear quarter hips are too curvy and the windshield lays back too much. Yes, I am a bit picky since I really want a scale look.
Oh, I'm sorry you don't like it. I hope your Tamiya fits.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Suspended

Tamiya also makes a nice 240Z

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tamiya-1...item43b0878874
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Suspended

I plan on tapping all the 3mm holes before I assemble anything. I hope that takes care of the screw issues.

This one is nice ( if is not the one you already looked at ) but is a ZX not a Z.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-RC-BODY...-/190782185441
Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Eddscott

Any ideas?
Make sure the front diff cams are at the same position and that the diff isn't at an angle.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
This one is nice ( if is not the one you already looked at ) but is a ZX not a Z.

URL REMOVED
Thanks guys.

My buddy has that exact ZX car 1:1, in exactly that blue/silver color scheme. He would love it. I should be getting that same Tamiya rally 240Z body from Ebay here any day now, along with the Zero S kit. I did also
order the BRE Datsun decal set from ABC hobby.

So MAYBE (fingers crossed)...BRE Livery Decals for the 1/10 from ABC Hobby, fit the Tamiya Datsun Rally body, which may fit the Sakura Zero S chassis. Oh yeah, and a 550 Traxxas 12T with the XL5 ESC (I got these for free, brand new so I'll run them until I can go BL)...Mutt car anyone?

I hope it all fits. If not...back to the drawing board.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:09 AM
Suspended

Thanks guys.

My buddy has that exact ZX car 1:1, in exactly that blue/silver color scheme. He would love it. I should be getting that same Tamiya rally 240Z body from Ebay here any day now, along with the Zero S kit. I did also
order the BRE Datsun decal set from ABC hobby.

So MAYBE (fingers crossed)...BRE Livery Decals for the 1/10 from ABC Hobby, fit the Tamiya Datsun Rally body, which may fit the Sakura Zero S chassis. Oh yeah, and a 550 Traxxas 12T with the XL5 ESC (I got these for free, brand new so I'll run them until I can go BL)...Mutt car anyone?

I hope it all fits. If not...back to the drawing board.
Mutt car? Man let me list mine.....

Yokomo Top Turnbuckles, Tamiya TRF lower steering turnbuckles, Tamiya wheels, RC10 SCT and B44 sway bar kits, Tamiya 416 Rear shock tower mod with Tamiya TB-01 Lower shock shaft holders, TC3 Springs. Custom made sway bar holders that I designed and printed out on a 3d printer. Oh yeah and a DUO 2 sensored motor on a sensorless ESC ( which is surprisingly smooth and excellent feel with zero cogging, I have learned the DUO motors run really well sensorless )

Car runs like a freaking champ, I regularly place in the top three at my track racing against TCXX, TC5, TC4, and Spec -R1.

Car is dialed....To my driving anyway.

Here a pic of the Tamiya rear shock tower mod, still using the stock shocks.
Attached Thumbnails 3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_20130214_214526_381.jpg   3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_20130214_214534_031.jpg  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

LOL. When it all works well, I guess it's better to call it "custom" rather than "mutt". Nice car. Very neat. What printer did you use for the SB holds? I have done some 3D printing myself.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Suspended

LOL. When it all works well, I guess it's better to call it "custom" rather than "mutt". Nice car. Very neat. What printer did you use for the SB holds? I have done some 3D printing myself.
We use the Zprinter from modern tech. It is the older style printer that uses Powder, and you have to put the parts through a curing process.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

just done a few upgrades on the zero I put front solid axle and some new alloy oil dampers. I have gone 64 mph with a tune and using standard gears gonna try some different gears hopefully will go a bit faster
Attached Thumbnails 3Racing Sakura Zero S-photo3.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Just getting back into the game after a couple decades hiatus

Found the Zero S refreshing. It is great to not have to drop a ton of cash for a competitive car for the local club scene.

Thread has been a great source of information.

Can someone help me understand the codes on the suspension mounts (ie. RR +20 and RF-5)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.