Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
Hey All,

Currently I run with a Sakura Zero with a cheap servo. I was thinking about upgrading my servo with a Savox SC-1251MG low profile digital that retails for about $63. Thoughts on this servo?
Buy
Old 06-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey All,

Currently I run with a Sakura Zero with a cheap servo. I was thinking about upgrading my servo with a Savox SC-1251MG low profile digital that retails for about $63. Thoughts on this servo?
Spend the extra 5 bucks and buy a 1258 so that in the future, you'll have a servo that useful in something other than a on-road application....my two cents
Old 06-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey All,

I love mine. I have one in my.XI DH and one in my FGX. I also have a 1257 in my Zero hybrid. Depending on your layout, the space savings are nice and they weigh less as well. In terms of on road the 1251 is the better investment because you can use them in basically anything.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

That is what I will do Yea!!!

Originally Posted by Lowrance
Spend the extra 5 bucks and buy a 1258 so that in the future, you'll have a servo that useful in something other than a on-road application....my two cents
Old 06-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default will be racing a zero this fall

i was wondering what kind of spare parts i should have on hand since hobby store will prolly not have any for my zero. i would appreciate any input as far most likley to break parts thanks.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
I love mine. I have one in my.XI DH and one in my FGX. I also have a 1257 in my Zero hybrid. Depending on your layout, the space savings are nice and they weigh less as well. In terms of on road the 1251 is the better investment because you can use them in basically anything.
+1 Great price and good performance, it's faster than my slowing reactions.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
i was wondering what kind of spare parts i should have on hand since hobby store will prolly not have any for my zero. i would appreciate any input as far most likley to break parts thanks.
Front and rear arms. Front and rear hubs and front steering knuckles. If you hit a lot of walls then front suspension mounts. If you are pretty clean you could pass on those until you are ready to upgrade to the aluminium mounts.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default thanks for selling to me

thanks
Originally Posted by 6376vette
Front and rear arms. Front and rear hubs and front steering knuckles. If you hit a lot of walls then front suspension mounts. If you are pretty clean you could pass on those until you are ready to upgrade to the aluminium mounts.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default i had tc5

I had a tc5 doing same thing ate at least 5 spurs then i noticed that the motor would move . this would make the pinion move and ruin spur. upon further checking there was a screw missing that held motor mount to rear bulk head . once this was replaced that took care of spur problems so i suggest checking that there is no movement or missing screws.
Originally Posted by 6376vette
Check the layshaft screws to see if they are loose or missing. Also check the layshaft bearings for wear.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

okay, so with the vertical motor mount, do I need anything additional or need to make any modifications? Is there any reason not to get the XI turnbuckles instead of the regular Zero S titaniums? Going to be ordering my car within a day or two.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Is there any reason not to get the XI turnbuckles instead of the regular Zero S titaniums?
I am currently finishing up my Zero S build. I ordered the regular titanium turnbuckles,(didn't like how small the middle part was for the wrench they provide) and they seem to be the same part number as for the XI (3RAC-TR335 for the 35mm, and 3RAC-TR340 for the 40mm ones). The complete set also look the same. They seem good so far, except for the wierd placement of where you use your turnbuckle wrench, (it is set more to one side than in the middle).
Old 06-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NewRCSim
I am currently finishing up my Zero S build. I ordered the regular titanium turnbuckles,(didn't like how small the middle part was for the wrench they provide) and they seem to be the same part number as for the XI (3RAC-TR335 for the 35mm, and 3RAC-TR340 for the 40mm ones). The complete set also look the same. They seem good so far, except for the wierd placement of where you use your turnbuckle wrench, (it is set more to one side than in the middle).
I find that placement a good thing. It means its easier to make larger adjustments because your not hitting stuff mounted close in with the turnbuckle wrench.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

I find that placement a good thing. It means its easier to make larger adjustments because your not hitting stuff mounted close in with the turnbuckle wrench.
Plus it makes it easier to remember which way is tighter and which way is looser.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not quite, the screw for the motor mounts root arm is out by a few mm. It's 3mm further rearward for an XI mount on zero chassis. I have a zero mount on an XI chassis, just drill and countersink a hole.
Just wanted to say thanks for your help willow86. My car is just about ready to run. Just need to solder the deans plug or whichever plug i think should work well and I'm ready to go!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pmac
Just wanted to say thanks for your help willow86. My car is just about ready to run. Just need to solder the deans plug or whichever plug i think should work well and I'm ready to go!
No problems, happy I could help. Personally I either use deans or direct bullets.

I got a chance to test my my hybrid last weekend. It worked pretty well! Handles just like my XI used to, I applied the same setup as I normally would and it was great. Only difference being 2* rear toe instead of 3* that I run for boosted 17.5

Here's a pic of the final product. XI lower chassis, shock towers, battery stops and dampers. Zero bulkheads, alloy steering, alloy suspension mounts (narrow rear), motor mount, turnbuckles, cvd's. zero s plastics, diffs, and one lonely laysaft mount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.