Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thefan
wow 300000 in the front diff would give you heaps of on power steering but id imagine a very loose rear end on power, i only ever used 7000 in my truggy
If anything thick front oil would cause a reduction in front traction and thus an increase in rear traction. Thick front diff oil will actually reduce steering response but it increases the ability of the car to pull harder out of the turns. This forces the rear end to follow the front again helping stabilize the rear end on power.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes but too thick = too much on power steering = oversteer = rear end loose on power, anyway different driving styles call for different setups i prefer more off power steering so i use thinner oil
Old 05-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Yes but too thick = too much on power steering = oversteer = rear end loose on power, anyway different driving styles call for different setups i prefer more off power steering so i use thinner oil
Hmmmm. Guess my driving style is different. I run a solid axle up front and don't have any issues with a loose rear. Almost all of the drivers I know (sakura, xray, associated, etc) all run solid axles or 500000+ up front with no rear end on power traction issues. Maybe it has to do with when the power is applied. I'm usually on full throttle at apex or a hair after. I can see having issues if you get into the throttle a lot later in the turn where the front has a lot of opportunity to oversteer and bite way to hard on corner exit.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

By the way what happened to the op? Haven't seen a post from him since the question was asked. Guess the rear wasn't that loose.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Ok i'll give the thicker oil in the front another go and see if i like, i have the x1 rear arms on now so rear slide shouldn't be an issue anymore
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Ok i'll give the thicker oil in the front another go and see if i like, i have the x1 rear arms on now so rear slide shouldn't be an issue anymore
Just get on the throttle a ltitle earlier. You will probably love the way the car pulls out of the corners. If you nail the turn just right usually you can be full throttle at apex maybe even a little before. You will lose a little corner entry steering but you can make it up and more if you brake a little early and coast into the turn. Sway bars and springs can also help to get the steering back. Most of the time I'm still trying to get some steering out of the car on corner entry even with the spool. If you feel the rear getting a little loose under braking try a little stiffer front spring. I went so far as to add anti dive to the front to help keep the weight on the rear of the car. For some reason my car has never really suffered from a push on carpet asphalt or concrete. Now the f1 pushes like a freight train. Talk about a different driving style.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sorry wasnt going to go through all 108 pages to find out. How is this car as far as reliablity? I dont mean hopped up versions i mean out of the box. I saw some issues with teh parts when you first get the kit? Im looking at this are the teh-r31. They both need a few things from the get go it looks like. Ive never ever assembled a RC car of any type so i would be lost if either of these would be tough to assemble. I am looking at buying a used roller that way i can at least reverse the build process to see how it went to gether
Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Buy a new one for the price they cant be beaten so why buy used, as for the build its a piece of cake follow the instructions and you'll be fine. Most of the hopups are more bling than necessary but hey parts are cheap so why not, just get the alloy spur adapter and 19 tooth pulley set and your good to go.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magoo_lc1
Sorry wasnt going to go through all 108 pages to find out. How is this car as far as reliablity? I dont mean hopped up versions i mean out of the box. I saw some issues with teh parts when you first get the kit? Im looking at this are the teh-r31. They both need a few things from the get go it looks like. Ive never ever assembled a RC car of any type so i would be lost if either of these would be tough to assemble. I am looking at buying a used roller that way i can at least reverse the build process to see how it went to gether
I have been racing mine for a few weeks now in 17.5 turbo, so far 100% reliable. and with just suspention adjustments have it going very well
Old 06-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone have a stock fiberglass chassis to sell....I need one after today. Some kid jumped over the roadrail and I hit him at full speed. Broke the front hinge pin holder and ripped the attaching screw threw the chassis. I don't see the stock fiberglass chassis listed at TQ racing?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, Iīm running my Sakura Zero S in a small track with lots of corners.

Iīm using the manualīs Set-Up, and running with 100,000 CPS in front diff and 1000 CPS in the rear one, but a lot of times when Iīm getting out of a corner the car oversteers and spins completly.

A friend told me that I must use a 500,000 CPS grease in front diff and other friend told me that I must use 10,000/15,000. So I donīt know what is the solution.

Can you help me?

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Chassis

Originally Posted by Lowrance
Anyone have a stock fiberglass chassis to sell....I need one after today. Some kid jumped over the roadrail and I hit him at full speed. Broke the front hinge pin holder and ripped the attaching screw threw the chassis. I don't see the stock fiberglass chassis listed at TQ racing?

I have sent you a PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by BeLiPoWa
Hi, Iīm running my Sakura Zero S in a small track with lots of corners.

Iīm using the manualīs Set-Up, and running with 100,000 CPS in front diff and 1000 CPS in the rear one, but a lot of times when Iīm getting out of a corner the car oversteers and spins completly.

A friend told me that I must use a 500,000 CPS grease in front diff and other friend told me that I must use 10,000/15,000. So I donīt know what is the solution.

Can you help me?

Thanks.
Post all of your set up and it will help but you can try softening the rear springs so more weight is transferred to the rear on power. You can also add a 1mm shim under the inner rear upper camber link ball stud to lower the rear roll center. Front diff oil isn't going to make a difference in this situation but in most but not all situations thicker is better up front. Also going to 80 WT shock oil in the rear diff may help.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, thanks for your reply, I canīt post URLs here, but my actual Set-Up is in the last page of the Sakura Zero S manual.

Regards.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

where can you buy this car? (besides hk) any place in canada? usa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.