Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ldivinag
%Tower finally got back to about special ordering the thunder tiger Subaru bodies.

If anyone is interested PM me and ill ask them about making multiple orders... say by the end of this week, like Friday...
You better check the wheelbase, my eb4 xsara body is shorter then the shortest wheel base I could run, front caster set to max, rear pbs both spacers behind the arm, I ended up milling the arm so that I could but another thin spacer, the pbs has 2 types thick and thin, ones like 3mm, the other is 4, I milled it so that I could run 3 thin spacers behind the arm, just to get the wheelbase close to fit the body, I gotta get a new camera, but I am not sure what the wheel base is on the subaru, or what it is on a stock gtp, not a 2, I have the older blue chassis gtp not sure what the 2 is wheel base wise?
Width wise, I already had my car narrowed, so I ended up adjusting the suspension wider and my tires still tuck, I am may put stock length arms back on and check,I have some somewhere gotta see if I can find them, I really wish someone would come out with the current sti hatch?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by navyeoseabee
sorry to step in but i have been checking around on the net and can not find a sure answer.

i have a ofna mbx from the ultra line...which the gpt is from the ultra line as well. i am wondering if i can buy a brushless kit that converts the gtp to electric using my buggy?

any help would be great. thanks arick
Ofna sells a complete kit, ,new chassis /mount battery tray etc,
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html
Or you get the rc-monster mount,
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...od=rcmgtpmount
and piece meal everything else, you need , or you could do it the way I did,
Spend $2k and make your own mount and whatever else you want
Oh on another note for the guys running a center spool and want a different gear other then the 51t, I saw that someone posted about using a a revo gear and a modded center spool gear holder ? can someone post a link to the revo gear(s) ? I might be able to make a small run of new gear holders?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joat
Ofna sells a complete kit, ,new chassis /mount battery tray etc,
Or you get the rc-monster mount,
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...od=rcmgtpmount
and piece meal everything else, you need , or you could do it the way I did,
Spend $2k and make your own mount and whatever else you want
i used rc-monsters brushless calulator
http://www.rc-monster.com/brushless/basic.html

but the dirt guard /battery trays are not listed on the sites page... witch if it was one piece i would love it.but i may order the linked ofna gtp setup you linked me to.

i just hope the diff cases work.

i understand the 2k setup you have ... i have a savage xl that i am converting to electric... and that 2k wouldn't cover the two eninges and all the nitro crap i gave way. -heck its a hobby -right..lol
Old 06-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

i used rc-monsters brushless calulator
http://www.rc-monster.com/brushless/basic.html

but the dirt guard /battery trays are not listed on the sites page... witch if it was one piece i would love it.but i may order the linked ofna gtp setup you linked me to.

i just hope the diff cases work.

i understand the 2k setup you have ... i have a savage xl that i am converting to electric... and that 2k wouldn't cover the two eninges and all the nitro crap i gave way. -heck its a hobby -right..lol
The ultras havent changed in years, a ultra is a ultra , I have a older blue chassis one, I bought the 4mm cnc chassis they had years ago, so I wanted to use that chassis, and I didnt care for the rc-monster 2 bolt mount, to close together for my taste,and I like the ofna style ,but the spacing is different,and I wasnt about to ghetto my cnc chassis, plus the ofna one wont let you run larger the a 25t pinoin?unless you run a smaller spur? so I made my own to fit the narrower bolt spacing plus use a 3 bolt down, and made mine able to slide the motor over 40% more.
Oh and the 2k wasnt for parts, it was for the mill I bought and everything I needed with it, that does not include material time, oh lots and lots of time, plus anything like a esc or motor,.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joat
The ultras havent changed in years, a ultra is a ultra , I have a older blue chassis one, I bought the 4mm cnc chassis they had years ago, so I wanted to use that chassis, and I didnt care for the rc-monster 2 bolt mount, to close together for my taste,and I like the ofna style ,but the spacing is different,and I wasnt about to ghetto my cnc chassis, plus the ofna one wont let you run larger the a 25t pinoin?unless you run a smaller spur? so I made my own to fit the narrower bolt spacing plus use a 3 bolt down, and made mine able to slide the motor over 40% more.
Oh and the 2k wasnt for parts, it was for the mill I bought and everything I needed with it, that does not include material time, oh lots and lots of time, plus anything like a esc or motor,.
i am really considering the ofna setup i plan to drop it on the track but with the ultra series i am not looking to toss a lot down on it nor win every race.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

i am really considering the ofna setup i plan to drop it on the track but with the ultra series i am not looking to toss a lot down on it nor win every race.
You could hit up SNR , for his carbon chassis and buy just the ofna mount and piece meal everything from there ?
http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php...236c8aece0d2dd
http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN30...UNT_p_808.html
I would buy for IGT, free shipping, and really helpful guy, even to me in Hawaii!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

i didn't see the carbon kit, igt has some cool stuff!

and i like your location...

snr just loaded! kick azz!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

i want a snr gtp 2e ! but how do you mount the batteries.... not on the cheap looking plastic mud guards do you?/... that would look cheap on a killer chassis, and other carbon parts from them
Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

i didn't see the carbon kit, igt has some cool stuff!

and i like your location...
Yeah if I didnt have my cnc chassis I would have went with the SNR carbon one, and still may if I build another one?
Oh my location, yeah ,um, heres my workcenter ,

10ft long, 30" deep, 70" tall
My small box at work just for vehicle service

I dont have one of my mill and that tool box
Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

man they would hate me to use the student pricing on that closet!-lol

30years old and i can say student-lol "chicks dig it" -very nice!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

man they would hate me to use the student pricing on that closet!-lol

30years old and i can say student-lol "chicks dig it" -very nice!
I dont think you can do student pricing on large boxes?some like the epiq series , I dont I like the master series.
On the conversion, it's really up to you, but if your thinking of doing the SNR carbon, hit him up, he works for OFNA,but pretty sure he would tell you almost everything will fit , oh , get a PBS rear setup if you dont already have one, and the torsion swaybars are sweet too.
This has both the pbs rear and the torsion swaybars, in 1 kit .
If you already have the pbs rear .
I would hit up bill from IGT and see if he can get them? I didnt see them listed, but I am sure he can and he should list them on his site too
Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

very cool, i will hit him up, we live pretty close since ofna is in irvine,ca and i am in san deigo.

thanks for you help and i subscribed to the thread so i will be back -thank you arick
Old 06-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

very cool, i will hit him up, we live pretty close since ofna is in irvine,ca and i am in san deigo.

thanks for you help and i subscribed to the thread so i will be back -thank you arick
Yeah,but you gotta pay taxes if you buy locally?My bro live in san diego
Oh and for subscribing, once you post/reply in a thread it's automatic?
GL with your build/project let us know which and what direction you go.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Mine is for sale-

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...oad-sedan.html

Joat you have pm
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Gas conversion with manual brakes

Heres the build im working on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.