Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dasrustler
I will take an over the counter, daily driver, street car doing 75mph over a shoe box with thousands of dollars behind it, going at only twice the speed. :-/
I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you sir
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Just wanted to share with you guys the outcome of the Spaztix Ultimate Chrome and Black Backer specially formulated for the chrome. The cans are a bit bigger at 3.5 oz than the standard Tamiya spray paint. The paint seems not to stick well on the lexan compared to other polycarbonate paint. I guess this would be a better fit for shelf queens =)

with black rims:

Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Which batteries? Which tires? Susp settings.

Please reccomend batteries for 4S and 6S application.

High grip Tires for parking lot

Reccomended suspension settings.

Thanks

Last edited by AlvaSpeed; 01-31-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: needed to add a line
Old 01-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ducatiti
Just wanted to share with you guys the outcome of the Spaztix Ultimate Chrome and Black Backer specially formulated for the chrome. The cans are a bit bigger at 3.5 oz than the standard Tamiya spray paint. The paint seems not to stick well on the lexan compared to other polycarbonate paint. I guess this would be a better fit for shelf queens =)

with black rims:

I like it!! Too bad that you say the Spaztix chrome paint doesn't stick well to the lexan. I would want to race the car/body, not build a "shelf queen".

I wish someone made a chrome paint that looks like real chrome(not silver), and actually STICK well to lexan!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I like it!! Too bad that you say the Spaztix chrome paint doesn't stick well to the lexan. I would want to race the car/body, not build a "shelf queen".

I wish someone made a chrome paint that looks like real chrome(not silver), and actually STICK well to lexan!
dunno how much better you can ask for chrome finish coming out of a rattle can by a non pro painted .
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

About to purchase an OFNA Dm-1. Just wanted to check if the radio/electronics tray is the same with the GTP2e one so I can share the electronics between the two?
Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Finally fiberglassed my warrior body. Cant wait for the weather to get better so I can make a new speed run. Been dying to see what it'll do with my new Garmin Forerunner GPS. I can't possibly see what I can due to make it faster without running a 8s and a 1/5 scale esc.
BTW, side note, why are my pics comming up small in my post? Is it cause it's too large of a file, and if that is the case what size do the y have to be to be a nice big pic that people don't have to click on to see? I see other post and people have nice big pics in them, what do I need to do?
Attached Thumbnails Ofna Ultra GTP2e-fiberglass.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-stripe.jpg  
Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davewhitegt
BTW, side note, why are my pics comming up small in my post? Is it cause it's too large of a file, and if that is the case what size do the y have to be to be a nice big pic that people don't have to click on to see? I see other post and people have nice big pics in them, what do I need to do?

you can sign up for photobucket for free and just upload them there and then copy the image link and paste them here
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

About to purchase an OFNA Dm-1. Just wanted to check if the radio/electronics tray is the same with the GTP2e one so I can share the electronics between the two?
why are u getting a DM1 ? what so bad about the gtp?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Finally buckled down and got a GTP2E on Towerhobbies with the club discount. Was about to get a DM1, but shipping was to much to Hawaii..guy backed out of the deal. So what da hell...I've always wanted one..lol!!!

So I'll have the roller and have an extra BL system from my Kyosho Mad Force VE and can run that on 4s. What is a good steering servo? Looking at a Savox...but what is everyone running out there?

Thanks guys!!! Got a lot of reading to do...
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 808TXT1
Finally buckled down and got a GTP2E on Towerhobbies with the club discount. Was about to get a DM1, but shipping was to much to Hawaii..guy backed out of the deal. So what da hell...I've always wanted one..lol!!!

So I'll have the roller and have an extra BL system from my Kyosho Mad Force VE and can run that on 4s. What is a good steering servo? Looking at a Savox...but what is everyone running out there?

Thanks guys!!! Got a lot of reading to do...

Man ive gotten away using a traxxas 2075 lol $20 servo just for bashing the car around , my buddies all use savox and hitec servos on theirs , im buulding a carbon fiber gtp and will most likely use the savox or hitec once I get all the parts in ..
off topic but Im waiting on a RTR inferno GT2 with the VE electronics to be delivered just curious how the vortex 2000kv motor and esc are . have you had any issues with it ? buddy of mine told me they cheap garbage but figured Ill use it till it goes and throw in my backup mamba system
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If that is the one that came in the Mad Force VE...it is good for me. I used this motor in my Mad Force for over a year in racing it on 4s and I've had nothing but good results. I have since added a mmm 2200KV in the MF, but it is just way to much power..lol!!!

The Vortex was perfect on 4s....and for it to haul a MFVE around to beat Moded BL clods and TXT's...I think it would be more than enough in an onroad car.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FLoJo
why are u getting a DM1 ? what so bad about the gtp?
Nothing wrong with my gtp but I got it all scratched up. Had two track days so far and it was a blast! You are right, it is addicting. I plan to have the DM-1 as a shelf queen only, with a viper body. This way when I further scratch up my gtp, it would not hurt so much. Loving on-road so much that I ran my 1/8 buggy on our local 1/8 track. Lol.

Last edited by ducatiti; 02-11-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Nothing wrong with my gtp but I got it all scratched up. Had two track days so far and it was a blast! You are right, it is addicting. I plan to have the DM-1 as a shelf queen only, with a viper body. This way when I further scratch up my gtp, it would not hurt so much. Loving on-road so much that I ran my 1/8 buggy on our local 1/8 track. Lol.
it gonna get scratched up , doubt youll be able to resist taking the DM1 on the track , you might like driving that better then the GTP . I sold my GTP and won a Kyosho inferno GT2ve on ebay for alittle over , still have my gtp dirt oval gonna swap the guts onto a carbon chassis and see if its any better then the GT2
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dasrustler
I will take an over the counter, daily driver, street car doing 75mph over a shoe box with thousands of dollars behind it, going at only twice the speed. :-/

You just like making everything you own go fast!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.