Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Ha ha, that I understood at once!
I didn´t try the newer one, as most of the M05 guys state that there can be some durability issues on that. But sure, should be a bit lighter, and can be fixed with some TRF parts, the mini thread says.
Anyway, I switched to the 3R gear diff and trust on the reliability and low maintenance.
The diff parts are basically the same as any other Tamiya car, including TRF cars. I think it has more to do with the person putting the diff together than the reliability.

I tried my best to keep up today, the first and second place drivers were really good.. in fact they won other classes as well.

My set up is actually very soft.. 35 wt oil all around with yellow springs up front and reds in back.. I keep hearing of much firmer set ups.. im curious to try and yet afraid to really mess up my current set up and not be able to go back..
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raman
Are you running the TRF M chassis dampers or touring TRF?
Touring

Martin
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
I raced three heats today against M03 and M05. I improved a lot by the A main, finished 4th. What I found interesting was that the M05's had more top end speed than me. I guess the silver can is slightly faster than a 21.5 brushless. In addition I was running 55D Pit Shimizu tyres and they were running 60D m chassis.
hi Raman,

i can confirm that the speed should be the same.
i am fighting M-03s and M-05s here at my local TCS , but in top speed, there is more or less no difference witch the same brushed can and the same 60D tires.

But the reason i never won a race is, because i loose some parts of a second during cornering... i have to set up my M-06 a little bit with understeering to prevent spinning around in the u-turn corners of the track..
So still quite a smooth driving is possible, but missing the last 0,2-0,5s per round for competing ...

so thats why i hope that the M-06R will be an improvement for the rear grip to "upgrade" the front tires
Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Touring

Martin
That is interesting Martin, never heard that! But do you have enough travel in compression (longer shock body?).
And do you use shorter piston rod, or put spacers inside?

The diff parts are basically the same as any other Tamiya car, including TRF cars. I think it has more to do with the person putting the diff together than the reliability.

I tried my best to keep up today, the first and second place drivers were really good.. in fact they won other classes as well.

My set up is actually very soft.. 35 wt oil all around with yellow springs up front and reds in back.. I keep hearing of much firmer set ups.. im curious to try and yet afraid to really mess up my current set up and not be able to go back..
You´re right, often it´s better to try yourself and experience it. Diff is quite the same like in my TB03 R, and there was never an issue up to now.

Don´t bother your soft setup, if it feels good. Having a setup now that works good for me, I also am afraid of trying out different changes on a race day. Better do this on a training day. Being soft has one big advantage for me: Hitting a curve dish (hope this is the word) doesn´t bounce me off totally, and that can be time saving on some "battles".

Matthias
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
That is interesting Martin, never heard that! But do you have enough travel in compression (longer shock body?).
And do you use shorter piston rod, or put spacers inside?

Matthias
Actually, part 54361 and 54362 were made to be used with longer touring shocks:

" This 3mm thick carbon damper stay replaces the plastic kit-standard part to enable installation of TRF dampers at optimized positions on M-06 chassis. It also enables a stronger damper attachment and 3 different attachment holes to enable fine damper setting adjustment.

Specs & Features
Carbon Damper Stay (Rear) x 1
Screws, ball connectors, and nuts included.
Compatible with M-06 chassis machines.
Note: Use with Item 42102 TRF Special Damper (Hard Black Coating) and Item 53571 TRF Damper Set (Fluorine Coated). "

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54362

I don't have any problems with compression, and the travel is quite enough. Just using the shocks (53571) as they come, with standard piston rods.

Martin
Old 01-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Actually, part 54361 and 54362 were made to be used with longer touring shocks:

" This 3mm thick carbon damper stay replaces the plastic kit-standard part to enable installation of TRF dampers at optimized positions on M-06 chassis. It also enables a stronger damper attachment and 3 different attachment holes to enable fine damper setting adjustment.

Specs & Features
Carbon Damper Stay (Rear) x 1
Screws, ball connectors, and nuts included.
Compatible with M-06 chassis machines.
Note: Use with Item 42102 TRF Special Damper (Hard Black Coating) and Item 53571 TRF Damper Set (Fluorine Coated). "

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54362

I don't have any problems with compression, and the travel is quite enough. Just using the shocks (53571) as they come, with standard piston rods.

Martin
Dooh! (H.Simpson)
Martin, thanks for that info!! I totally missed this when getting the new plates last year! I just stored them for a later try, because I didn´t understand the new more upward holes. With knowing they are for touring dampers, the intention of Tamiya is now clear for me.
In the end, we cannot say that Tamiya doesn´t give us too less opportunities on the M06 for shock setup, especially rear. With this setup in your R, you can laydown the rear shocks more down than on any other setup.
I wish I had a week somewhere on a track to play around with all that different positions...

Matthias
Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Martin,

Thank you! I missed that as well. I have a brand new set of 42012 TRF Dampers in box. I will build them and test them out.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default M06

Hello
has anyone ran into this problem when assembling an m06,the front tires are way toed out and really tilted in . I follow the assembly instructions and double checked my work all seems write.
let me know .

thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gohard95
Hello
has anyone ran into this problem when assembling an m06,the front tires are way toed out and really tilted in . I follow the assembly instructions and double checked my work all seems write.
let me know .

thanks
The stock setup does make the car quite a bit toed-out and has about 2° camber. I guess that's to overcome the natural push of a RWD car.

Martin
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gohard95
Hello
let me know .

thanks

Check page 17. Did you cut 2mm off each ball end cup,for the upper links??
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mister Pink
Check page 17. Did you cut 2mm off each ball end cup,for the upper links??
nope I did not ,its done now ,Thanks
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Renault Lexan body Question

Hi I want to ask if someone know a company to produce Lexan body of Renault 8 Gordini for M06 chassis.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drover
Hi I want to ask if someone know a company to produce Lexan body of Renault 8 Gordini for M06 chassis.
Ha! You and me both, buddy. Nope, unfortunately there isn't one.

There is a finnish company (Retroracing) making all sorts of weird old bodies with beautiful lovely detail (they have a brilliant BMW 2002Tii alpina), and another hungarian company with all sorts of other oddities but I can't remember what they're called. No R8G though.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Retroracings bodies are for 1/10 scale with wheel base of 257 mm.

The Hungarian company is Nimrod racing. I emailed them about a month ago and email was bounced back. So not sure if they are active.. here is their site

http://www.nimrod-racing.hu/products.php?cat_id=11
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

new build M06-Pro with some Hop-Up and Silvia S13 Body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.