Like Tree90Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No better feeling than powersliding a rwd thru a sweeper for faster laptimes.

ruebiracer likes this.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

to-be-released-tamiya-58669-m-08-concept-chassis-kit

Old 03-03-2019, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

The waiting is the hardest part...
Maybe we get some 3d Sketches first, as 9 years ago for our beloved M06...
Raman likes this.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

In the meantime, here is the first pic of my rest parts build Project, M06 SWB with mid engine conversion to take the Tamiya Fiat 1000TCR Body.
rccartips likes this.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
The waiting is the hardest part...
Maybe we get some 3d Sketches first, as 9 years ago for our beloved M06...
doesnt look like it will be out in time for my birthday
Old 03-03-2019, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Same Problem for me birthday end of May, Raman. At least it is presented until then.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Going to start racing the M06 with round 1 this Saturday. Since I last raced a mini was in 2015, here I am talking some confidence into myself

ruebiracer likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Joel, I will be at track this evening prepping for our TCS race next month, April 27.

This season we have a new spec tyre.. the Ride 36° slick inch up series and Reedy 21.5 fixed timing.

Hoping to be able to place in top 3 like last time
rccartips and ruebiracer like this.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Alrighty, here is my M06 racing again. Also joined the GT class, my first time to race Tamiya again since 2015, first time to try GT. Long story short, sucks to lose twice in 1 day as I came 2nd in both classes

ruebiracer likes this.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Update on M08 - we got all 3 wheel bases... take that M07!

Tamiya RC 58669 M08 Chassis kit
This TAMIYA high-performance rear-wheel drive R/C chassis assembly kit is constructed around a rigid monocoque with the main frame split into front and rear sections. It offers superior rear high traction drive characteristics and fuss-free maintenance of parts such as the easy-access differential. C.V.A. (Constant Volume Adjustable) oil shock-damped 4-wheel double wishbone suspension features dedicated long arms and steering linkage components for a range of setup options. A silky-smooth drivetrain utilizes full ball bearings, oil-filled gear differential unit and universal drive shafts. It can be assembled with a 210mm (S), 225mm (M) or 239mm (L) wheelbase, making it compatible with appropriately-sized existing Tamiya M-chassis body parts sets.

• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
• The chassis is split into front (suspension and servo) and rear (motor and battery) sections. It can be assembled into three different wheelbases: S (210mm), M (225mm) or L (239mm).
• Rear-midship motor powers rear wheels via a differential in the Mid-Rear setup.
• Oil-filled differential gear used from the M-07.
• Features proven M-07 Concept designs: suspension arms, uprights, suspension mounts and aluminum parts.
• Includes CVA oil dampers, universal drive shafts, full ball bearings and hi-torque servo saver.
• Comes with new front suspension mounts (0 degrees) and hub carriers (2 degrees) for a total caster angle of 2 degrees.
• Compatible with M-06 Chassis bodies.
• Requires: 2-Channel Radio, servo, ESC, motor, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack & compatible charger, and body set.
• Compatible with M-07 Concept Hop-Up Option parts such as Aluminum Rear Suspension Mount (Skid Angle Adjustment) (54787), Aluminum Rear Uprights (54781) and Low-Friction King Pin Pipes (54813).

rccartips and ruebiracer like this.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Also take note:

Rear-midship motor powers rear wheels via a differential in the Mid-Rear setup

Looks like we have an option for motor position
Old 03-29-2019, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Alrighty, here is my M06 racing again. Also joined the GT class, my first time to race Tamiya again since 2015, first time to try GT. Long story short, sucks to lose twice in 1 day as I came 2nd in both classes

https://youtu.be/ysSNxQ7bpzg
Congratulations Joel,

two times second is really good, although it sucks for you.
Running 2 classes at one event is always a little tricky, especially when it΄s a Mini vs. a touring car. The first lap and especially the start is always challenging, when switching from one car to the other.
Thank you very much for the Videos, I really had fun watching them, and you gave a good Overall information bout the location, driving challenge etc.. Place is really cool, did I get it right it΄s on a roof top? Very cool idea. The track Looks like tarmac, but it΄s so glossy? Being prepped a lot with special fluids?

All the best for the next round,
Kind regards, Matthias
Old 03-29-2019, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Update on M08 - we got all 3 wheel bases... take that M07!

Tamiya RC 58669 M08 Chassis kit
This TAMIYA high-performance rear-wheel drive R/C chassis assembly kit is constructed around a rigid monocoque with the main frame split into front and rear sections. It offers superior rear high traction drive characteristics and fuss-free maintenance of parts such as the easy-access differential. C.V.A. (Constant Volume Adjustable) oil shock-damped 4-wheel double wishbone suspension features dedicated long arms and steering linkage components for a range of setup options. A silky-smooth drivetrain utilizes full ball bearings, oil-filled gear differential unit and universal drive shafts. It can be assembled with a 210mm (S), 225mm (M) or 239mm (L) wheelbase, making it compatible with appropriately-sized existing Tamiya M-chassis body parts sets.

• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
• The chassis is split into front (suspension and servo) and rear (motor and battery) sections. It can be assembled into three different wheelbases: S (210mm), M (225mm) or L (239mm).
• Rear-midship motor powers rear wheels via a differential in the Mid-Rear setup.
• Oil-filled differential gear used from the M-07.
• Features proven M-07 Concept designs: suspension arms, uprights, suspension mounts and aluminum parts.
• Includes CVA oil dampers, universal drive shafts, full ball bearings and hi-torque servo saver.
• Comes with new front suspension mounts (0 degrees) and hub carriers (2 degrees) for a total caster angle of 2 degrees.
• Compatible with M-06 Chassis bodies.
• Requires: 2-Channel Radio, servo, ESC, motor, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack & compatible charger, and body set.
• Compatible with M-07 Concept Hop-Up Option parts such as Aluminum Rear Suspension Mount (Skid Angle Adjustment) (54787), Aluminum Rear Uprights (54781) and Low-Friction King Pin Pipes (54813).

Good News already, although I (personally) doubt we will still have a rear engine setup.
I put me on the news list of Modellbau Seidel in Germany, they already listed the kit for 159€. Pretty much the same price as M07.So you get more bang for the buck compared to M06 I would say, as it already has oil shocks, ball bearings, oil filled gear diff, High torque servo saver. Should be pretty complete out of the box...

I guess we will not see any oics before the Hobby Show in Japan in May...
Old 03-29-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Matthias,

Will be testing my M06 tomorrow with new stuffs (tb04 diff, frewer bmw m3 body, new tires). Hopefully it will be enough for round 2.
Track is cement with VHT track grip surface coating.

Cheers,

Joel
Old 03-29-2019, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Hi Matthias,

Will be testing my M06 tomorrow with new stuffs (tb04 diff, frewer bmw m3 body, new tires). Hopefully it will be enough for round 2.
Track is cement with VHT track grip surface coating.

Cheers,

Joel
Great Joel, thanks for the Infos. So finally some Tuning also in your M06!
Spotted the Alu front knuckles in the video, and now the TB04 diff, which works great also in mine, thanks to your tipp back then! Keen to know, which oil viscosity you end up using. I think even if it΄s a light one, the diff action is much more consistent over the race than with a greased std. diff. (unless it΄s not fully open).

Br,
Matthias

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service