Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Synergy Brushless Motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default MurfDogg "Sensor-Saver"

Introducing the new MurfDogg "Sensor-Saver".

Many of today's servo manufacturers are building bigger, stronger, faster servos than ever before. Unfortunately, they are not taking into consideration that many of these servos will be used in vehicles with sensored brushless systems. The problem is that the sensor systems are powered from the BEC voltage provided by the receiver. Many of these big servos are drawing more voltage than the BEC can give out while maintaining proper voltage output to the ESC's sensor system, which in turn takes away the ESC's ability to provide sensored motor running.

The solution: The MurfDogg Sensor-Saver! Simply plug the Sensor Saver into an open slot in your receiver, and then the Sensor-Saver does the rest! The Sensor-Saver stores energy just in case your servo decides to overdraw the BEC system, which can keep you running trouble free!

We suggest the Sensor-Saver if you are using any of the following servo brands(known to overdraw the BEC):
-Savox
-KO Propo
-JR
-Spektrum
-Orion
-XP

MurfDogg Sensor Savers are available in two different lengths:
- 3.75" total length, for use when the Sensor-Saver must be mounted close to the receiver.
- 6.50" total length, for use when the Sensor-Saver can be mounted remotely.

Part #'s: SS-LONG, and SS-SHORT
Price: $8.00 each

Available now!
Attached Thumbnails MurfDogg Synergy Brushless Motors-2011-06-07-001-001.jpg  
Old 06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
Sprinter - I need more data... Track size? Chassis type? ESC Settings? Battery?
The track is an outdoor parking lot with straights at about 150-200 feet including a sweeper. My tekin RS Pro was set at throttle profile 4 with drag brake of 30% and brake at 90%. Battery is 60C 6000 orca. The car is a Xray T3 2011 with a 1.9 internal ratio. I was using 92 spur and a 46 pinion. for final at 3.8.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are you running fans on your motor?

That is alot of gear to throw at a motor without helping it with additional cooling... especially if adding motor timing to it.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

No I do not have a fan. What do you suggest for a gear ratio? Or should I take it back to 0 on the motor.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

First of all, get fans in that TC... It is like free cooling for your system.

Second, if you are gonna advance the timing, you need to drop the pinion size. 3.8 to 3.9 is something we have run in non boosted 17.5 TC, at 0 motor timing. 4.1 to 4.25 FDR with 5 degrees in the can.

Matt
Old 06-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

MurfDogg wins big at ROAR Region 12 OnRoad Championships.

MurfDogg Drivers Kenny Koch and Dave Berger both qtake home TQ honors and the A-Main wins at the ROAR Regionals in California.

Dave used his MurfDogg SuperCharger 5000mah 60C 1s Lipo to power his Synergy 1.1 17.5 Turn motor to a dominant run in 12th scale 17.5 Non Boost. The non-boost classes are putting emphasis back on the motors and batteries, and MurfDogg Power proved to be untouchable! Dave was the only driver in the class to post 13 second lap times all weekend long!

Kenny chose MurfDogg power in his Pro10 car to take both the TQ and A-Main Event victory

Thanks for choosing MurfDogg Power!
Attached Thumbnails MurfDogg Synergy Brushless Motors-berger-12th.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

MurfDogg Updates:

My schedule has been EXTREMELY crazy the past 2 months, but finally I am home for a weekend.... Gonna relax and catch my breath, and start diggin on some things.

Our SuperCharger 2s 5500mah 65c Battery packs have been selling fast, and running even faster on the track! I just shipped off the end of our 3rd batch of 2011... The 4th batch is on the way! Cant wait to get them in and see what kind of numbers we have...(each batch has gotten better and better!)

We have been getting AWESOME results with our SuperCharger 4600mah 60c Saddle pack Lipos. When Running 17.5 Boosted 4wd, we are seeing un-matched punch which comes from our super low Internal Resistance and high Average Discharge Voltage. And just in case any of you are afraid that 4600mah is not enough for your applications... when submitting our packs to ROAR, we underrated the capacity of them... our saddles typically cycle in right around 5000mah...

Our SYNERGY 1.1 Brushless Motors are running awesome all over the place... in 1s 12th scale classes, all the way up to 4WD SCT classes. If you want expert guidance in your motor program, do not hesitate to contact me!

Our best selling product - Our "Turbo Plugs" - Low Loss Bullet Style connectors are in stock and ready to improve the efficiency of all of your electric power delivery systems. More efficient than standard style bullet connectors, our Power Plugs have less power loss and lower Internal Resistance for Maximum Power and Efficiency. Couple that with the super low profile design, and superior strength, and you have the best battery conectors on the market. Although we were temporarioly sold out of these, we just had a nother batch made, and have plenty in stock now!

Many of you 12th scale and WGT racers are finding out about our best kept secret.... our 1s 5000mah 60c SuperCharger Lipo Battery Packs. We have had awesome race results with these packs, as they are starting to fly off of the shelfs.

I want to thank all of the VERY LOYAL MurfDogg Customers for believing in the MurfDogg brand... Without you, MurfDogg would be just another silly nickname... See you soon at the track!

Matt
Old 09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

MurfDogg Racing is proud to announce that we will be sponsoring the 2011 IIC race in Las Vegas! We will have our own team pitting area as well as a display of our latest products. If you will be attending IIC this year, please stop by and say hey!

See you guys soon!

I know I cant wait to race WGT at IIC this year!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Introducing: MurfDogg Racing’s new OCTANE BOOSTER Power Control Module.
MurfDogg Racing has developed the OCTANE BOOSTER Power Control Module specifically for use with Tekin RS and RS PRO ESC’s. The OCTANE BOOSTER Module replaces your stock Tekin Power Capacitor. Many top racers have been soldering 2 Tekin Power Capacitors to their ESC units for added performance.

The MurfDogg OCTANE BOOSTER gives you the performance of more than 4 stock power capacitors in a compact, user friendly unit. Unlike capacitors with radial leads that can break off in a crash, our unit has 3 surface mounted capacitors, mounted directly onto a circuit board for the strongest, best performing power module possible. Flexible 20 gauge wire leads allow you to attach the power module to the top of your ESC, or mount it remotely depending on your specific needs.

Why do you NEED the OCTANE BOOSTER?
- The OCTANE BOOSTER stores battery voltage when off throttle or under braking. This voltage is then used to increase punch when throttle is applied. Braking feel is also improved.
- The OCTANE BOOSTER lowers the combined internal resistance of the ESC/Battery unit under load. This helps you maintain battery voltage longer into the run, and helps your motor and ESC run cooler and more efficiently. You
- High power racing motors produce a ripple current onto the battery voltage. The lower the number of turns, the higher the ripple current. The OCTANE BOOSTER Module suppresses much of the ripple current, ensuring maximum battery voltage is available for the ESC and Motor for Maximum Punch.

Why not just run a BIG power capacitor?
- Size of the capacitor does not tell the whole story. More important than size is the capacitors ESR value (equivalent series resistance). The lower the ESR value is the better (less resistance). Our low ESR power capacitors are surface mounted for maximum efficiency and minimum resistance.

The OCTANE BOOSTER will provide racers with the maximum performance available from their Tekin RS/RS PRO ESC. Use of the MurfDogg OCTANE BOOSTER will provide the racer with more punch, better braking, cooler motor and ESC temps, more runtime, better battery voltage deeper into the run, and a very durable power capacitor module.

Available Early December - Part # OB-01 - Price $20.00
Old 11-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Introducing the new MurfDogg "Sensor-Saver".

Many of today's servo manufacturers are building bigger, stronger, faster servos than ever before. Unfortunately, they are not taking into consideration that many of these servos will be used in vehicles with sensored brushless systems. The problem is that the sensor systems are powered from the BEC voltage provided by the receiver. Many of these big servos are drawing more voltage than the BEC can give out while maintaining proper voltage output to the ESC's sensor system, which in turn takes away the ESC's ability to provide sensored motor running.

The solution: The MurfDogg Sensor-Saver! Simply plug the Sensor Saver into an open slot in your receiver, and then the Sensor-Saver does the rest! The Sensor-Saver stores energy just in case your servo decides to overdraw the BEC system, which can keep you running trouble free!

We suggest the Sensor-Saver if you are using any of the following servo brands(known to overdraw the BEC):
-Savox
-KO Propo
-JR
-Spektrum
-Orion
-XP

MurfDogg Sensor Savers are available in two different lengths:
- 3.75" total length, for use when the Sensor-Saver must be mounted close to the receiver.
- 6.50" total length, for use when the Sensor-Saver can be mounted remotely.

Part #'s: SS-LONG, and SS-SHORT
Price: $8.00 each

Available now!
OOOHHHH a cap on the receiver nothing new there...... Has been done by every company..... So sorry to be negative but hey I worked in the electronics trade so I know what they all do
Old 11-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Introducing: MurfDogg Racing’s new OCTANE BOOSTER Power Control Module.
MurfDogg Racing has developed the OCTANE BOOSTER Power Control Module specifically for use with Tekin RS and RS PRO ESC’s. The OCTANE BOOSTER Module replaces your stock Tekin Power Capacitor. Many top racers have been soldering 2 Tekin Power Capacitors to their ESC units for added performance.

The MurfDogg OCTANE BOOSTER gives you the performance of more than 4 stock power capacitors in a compact, user friendly unit. Unlike capacitors with radial leads that can break off in a crash, our unit has 3 surface mounted capacitors, mounted directly onto a circuit board for the strongest, best performing power module possible. Flexible 20 gauge wire leads allow you to attach the power module to the top of your ESC, or mount it remotely depending on your specific needs.

Why do you NEED the OCTANE BOOSTER?
- The OCTANE BOOSTER stores battery voltage when off throttle or under braking. This voltage is then used to increase punch when throttle is applied. Braking feel is also improved.
- The OCTANE BOOSTER lowers the combined internal resistance of the ESC/Battery unit under load. This helps you maintain battery voltage longer into the run, and helps your motor and ESC run cooler and more efficiently. You
- High power racing motors produce a ripple current onto the battery voltage. The lower the number of turns, the higher the ripple current. The OCTANE BOOSTER Module suppresses much of the ripple current, ensuring maximum battery voltage is available for the ESC and Motor for Maximum Punch.

Why not just run a BIG power capacitor?
- Size of the capacitor does not tell the whole story. More important than size is the capacitors ESR value (equivalent series resistance). The lower the ESR value is the better (less resistance). Our low ESR power capacitors are surface mounted for maximum efficiency and minimum resistance.

The OCTANE BOOSTER will provide racers with the maximum performance available from their Tekin RS/RS PRO ESC. Use of the MurfDogg OCTANE BOOSTER will provide the racer with more punch, better braking, cooler motor and ESC temps, more runtime, better battery voltage deeper into the run, and a very durable power capacitor module.

Available Early December - Part # OB-01 - Price $20.00
Orca power boost comes to mind... going to relabel them They wrok really well to. But hey have fun
Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jjfo80
OOOHHHH a cap on the receiver nothing new there...... Has been done by every company..... So sorry to be negative but hey I worked in the electronics trade so I know what they all do
Originally Posted by jjfo80
Orca power boost comes to mind... going to relabel them They wrok really well to. But hey have fun
Hey, thanks for posting this negative crap on my thread.

None of my products are relabelled ANYTHING, so try again.

If you are so sorry to be negative, why dont you delete your totally unneccessary posts.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will be out of town Attending the 2011 US Open Wheel Championships until December 13th. ll questions will be answered then. Please feel free to ask away, as we have a great supporting cast of team drivers ready and willing to answer your questions!

MurfDogg Racing will be closed while I am gone, and will reopen when I return.

Thanks,

Matt Murphy
MurfDogg RACING