Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

can anyone tell me if tc6.1 cva kit compatible with tc6?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Hi, this post got passed. If anyone could give their best answer I would appreaciate it

Also I was curious if someone could define what roll centers go in order from lowest to highest

I know the 0 is the longest but when you change holes in the bulkhead which then in that order do they become higher or lower

For instance: 0B, 1B, 2B, etc but when does the 2A and 3A come close to the same as 0B

Hope that makes sense

I just am trying to wrap my head around when to go to A with the higher roll centers from where B is as low as you can go
Regarding your post on the tire question... that's a difficult question to answer because every tire and situation is a little different.

Tell tale signs that a tire is probably "done" is when the inside edge of your fronts is visibly far more worn than the rest of the tire.

When the tire itself gets very thin that's also another sign that it's probably time to get a new set!

In certain situations these tires can still provide good lap times... but oftentimes they are less consistant than newer tires will be.

Now once those situations are out of the way is when it gets a little bit more difficult to determine when to move to a new set of tires:

Generally on carpet, tires tend to break in get better after several runs... on asphalt, this can be the exact opposite: Usually your first run or two will be the best that the tires will be...then performance will start to drop off.

There are of course, exceptions to this general guideline... and I would definately pick the brains of the local fast guys at your local tracks to try to get as much tire info for your particular track as possible.

There are certain situations on carpet or sometimes high bite indoor asphalt tracks where a tire can be "over sauced" and start to act funny... this generally only happens if you happen to run a lot of runs on the tire in a relatively short period of time... sometimes these tires can "come back" if they are left to dry out a bit... if I think this is happening I'll switch to another set of tires and keep the tires in question around to try out another day.

Hope this helps a little bit!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
I don't remember the exact measurements, but the very lowest is 0A, and the very highest is 3B.

0A, 1A, 2A, 3A, 0B, 1B, 2B, 3B

The closest 2 mounts in terms of numerical difference are 3A and 0B......The common combination for pro- or anti-dive at the front is these two. I personally like 0B or 3A fronts, and 2B rears.

Hope that helps!
Thanks that is the answer I was looking for

@Steve Weiss

Thanks now I have some things to think about regarding sedan tires

Do you know however what it means when there is a bead on the outside of the tire where perhaps the rubber has been worn too

It can actually be scratched off with my finger nails

What is that...lol

I see it mostly on the fronts
Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by icefish
No, the axle is a different size and the bone length is different.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:42 PM
The Evicerator

Thanks that is the answer I was looking for

@Steve Weiss

Thanks now I have some things to think about regarding sedan tires

Do you know however what it means when there is a bead on the outside of the tire where perhaps the rubber has been worn too

What is that...lol

I assume that this is on a carpet track...? Sometimes you will get some sort of "build up" on the tire like that... I've experienced it on newer sets of tires mostly... I think it's a mixture of sauce/tire debris/and track pickup ... it can usually be removed pretty easily via finger nail or a rag/towel with some motor spray or sometimes sauce.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
I assume that this is on a carpet track...? Sometimes you will get some sort of "build up" on the tire like that... I've experienced it on newer sets of tires mostly... I think it's a mixture of sauce/tire debris/and track pickup ... it can usually be removed pretty easily via finger nail or a rag/towel with some motor spray or sometimes sauce.
Yea carpet...lol

Thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Th gold Trinity pinions seem to fit with no issues, as in no Dremeling required. Every other brand needs the flat spot extended on the rotor.
Is anyone using the Robinson "Aluminum Pro" pinions? Robinson seems to be readily available.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

anyone know who has rear 6.1 arms in stock?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Th gold Trinity pinions seem to fit with no issues, as in no Dremeling required. Every other brand needs the flat spot extended on the rotor.
I'm going to try the xray pinion gears. It's almost the same set up, as you adjust the set screw from the hole under the chassis.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What is that...lol

That is buildup that happens from the car rolling a lot. If you watch your car go around the track, you will probably see some corners where it looks like it hikes up the inside front tire. Depending on how your car is set up, you could try taking out some front droop, a heavier front sway bar or a shorter front camber link.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by icefish
Arrowmax probably makes a set of spring steel axles. They are just as strong as the xray axles.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
That is buildup that happens from the car rolling a lot. If you watch your car go around the track, you will probably see some corners where it looks like it hikes up the inside front tire. Depending on how your car is set up, you could try taking out some front droop, a heavier front sway bar or a shorter front camber link.
That makes sense since it's on the ft outside

I will experiment with those changes

My previous setup and first race with my TC6 was like drift car. Fun but not very fast then I made some changes after the race day and it got a lot better. Corners good with decent rear bite. Probably could use a little more over all grip

My current setup
Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

That makes sense since it's on the ft outside
My current setup
Your link is for the blank setup sheet
Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Aww crap I thought I saved it...lol

brb
Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Real one...lol

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-0fb60e2c.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.