Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No tap at home? Just get one in the next hardware store. It is not to late, yet.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Ugh!

No thread in 31309

It really sucks ... it made me closer to bd5

Now I know why tc6 is cheap ...

Attachment 680237

AGHR!!!!!!

I can do it at home but it need 1 more hole in main chassis ....

F.....k!!!!!!!

Now I'm at beggining of build what next is f***ed at factory???

On my TC5 I had one turnbuckle that had parallel grooves in place of threads. No matter how hard I tried it wouldn't ' bite' into the plastic cup. VERY frustrating !!
That's the way it is, profit comes first and then quality comes ...... well somewhere down the line.
I would like to try the TC6 but issues like this keep me away.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
On my TC5 I had one turnbuckle that had parallel grooves in place of threads. No matter how hard I tried it wouldn't ' bite' into the plastic cup. VERY frustrating !!
That's the way it is, profit comes first and then quality comes ...... well somewhere down the line.
I would like to try the TC6 but issues like this keep me away.
All cars when they 1st come out have these little issues. AE will fix it, just call them. Remember, All of these cars except Corally and Xray are made be the same Chinese 14 year olds.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

A friend of mine finished putting his together at the track yesterday and with the box stock setup turned a 10.5. The fastest time on the track so far is a 10 flat. The car looked really great and I do believe it has one of my long time Associated only friends who is currently driving a Photon about to make the switch back.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devilsquid
A friend of mine finished putting his together at the track yesterday and with the box stock setup turned a 10.5. The fastest time on the track so far is a 10 flat. The car looked really great and I do believe it has one of my long time Associated only friends who is currently driving a Photon about to make the switch back.
Easy their buddy. The fastest guys at our track drive photons and t3 2011's. I saw the TC6 break alot Saturday. Just like the TC5 did. Shane may have done a 10.5, but Melvin did a 10 flat in a xray. He was doing low 10's his first day with it. So to say the TC6 is any better than these cars and people are switching may be a little exageration on your part.

BTW your last post in the Debbies thread you talked about bearing failure. Get used to it and buy lots of bearings.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

hey Jamison, you misunderstand me and should know me better than that by now. Not saying the car is any better and not putting the Photon down. I am saying the car is good and from what I saw, performance wise, as good as any of the cars you mentioned. As far as someone switching, well will just leave that one alone and see what he does. Good luck racing next weekend bro.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

and I have to ask, just what are you doing on the TC6 forum? Are you having thoughts of TC6 dancing in your head when you settle down for a nice peaceful sleep at night?LOL
Old 12-14-2010, 11:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devilsquid
and I have to ask, just what are you doing on the TC6 forum? Are you having thoughts of TC6 dancing in your head when you settle down for a nice peaceful sleep at night?LOL
No- I saw you were the last to post so I looked in here. I have always been an associated guy as well. I just have had zero luck with the TC5. Not a very durable car in my opinion. But I do like the looks of the new car, But, like you said. Any car is capable in the right hands. Thunder Tiger has comprimised quality for profit in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Yes Sir. Lets hope the 6 and future cars are better. I too love associated.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Please don't get me wrong, but if you see the car breaking all the time, the drivers must have a real bad setup that makes the car difficult to drive or they just try to drive beyond the limit (or just bad).

I drove a TC5 before and had a fast setup for it, but in comparison the TC6 is very very easy to drive fast, even with a setup that not hits the nail. I just had a few hits in the wall and didn't break anything, yet. Of course it breaks as "easy" as the TC5, because of the same suspension parts, but it is harder to do it.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by wtcc
Please don't get me wrong, but if you see the car breaking all the time, the drivers must have a real bad setup that makes the car difficult to drive or they just try to drive beyond the limit (or just bad).

I drove a TC5 before and had a fast setup for it, but in comparison the TC6 is very very easy to drive fast, even with a setup that not hits the nail. I just had a few hits in the wall and didn't break anything, yet. Of course it breaks as "easy" as the TC5, because of the same suspension parts, but it is harder to do it.
Absolutely true
Old 12-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

If you are breakin you are smacking boards.. Same guy now has a T3 and still buying parts.. And still smacking boards. Take it slow.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

KingKarate is talking about my TC6 that broke. Needless to say when you get punted into the siderails any car will break. Thats all about that, the car is actually tough, first time out my car was dialed. Im a Schumacher guy too.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

well i switched back mainly because it's hard to find then ship Xray hardware, pins, ect... hell i needed sway bars for the rear of my 009 Sunday. $40 no way. that was my deciding factor. awesome car but very over priced in my little opinion.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So true. Xray's are a strong car but it will break if you hit something hard enough. I have a T2 007 and I broke a knuckle and none of local LHS carries Xray. So I had to go online and buy a part for $8.00 and shipping is another $8.00 so all in all the damn knucke set me back for $16 bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.