Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anyone put the hpi falken body on their tc6? I'm wondering if it would fit and with what offsets.
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/109760
Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tested the BMW body today with a normal rear wing. Setup was my unchanged race setup that I use with a Mazda Moore Speed lightweight body. I was quite surprised about the performance. The car was in direct comparison just 4 tenth/lap slower on 14-15s lap. Now with that rear wing I had a little understeer. Other than that it behaved good and I could easily stay in a two tenth window for the whole run. What hurts the performance most is the weight and the height of the body I would say. With an adapted setup a reduce of that mentioned timegap is possible.

Of course the best was the look. It is awesome to see a scale body run around corners that fast. The design itself is an eyecandy and to see that the whole time you drive is pure joy. Even better was that I could totally match the times of the other clubmembers with their tc on track
Old 09-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Tested the BMW body today with a normal rear wing. Setup was my unchanged race setup that I use with a Mazda Moore Speed lightweight body. I was quite surprised about the performance. The car was in direct comparison just 4 tenth/lap slower on 14-15s lap. Now with that rear wing I had a little understeer. Other than that it behaved good and I could easily stay in a two tenth window for the whole run. What hurts the performance most is the weight and the height of the body I would say. With an adapted setup a reduce of that mentioned timegap is possible.

Of course the best was the look. It is awesome to see a scale body run around corners that fast. The design itself is an eyecandy and to see that the whole time you drive is pure joy. Even better was that I could totally match the times of the other clubmembers with their tc on track
Is that your track? I wish we had a scale track like that, I'm lucky to find a parking lot with cones or PVC pipe.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertottius
In theory that would give max grip but it doesn't fit.
Did you try it with both arm mounts: standard and offset? If so, then maybe try #1 arm mounts.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Did you try it with both arm mounts: standard and offset? If so, then maybe try #1 arm mounts.
Looks like the 2a is the lowest I can go.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like the 2a is the lowest I can go.
I haven't found a need to go below the B arm mount position outdoors, yet. Where are you running the car? Is this for 17.5 or Mod? Have you tried #0 position B, yet?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
I haven't found a need to go below the B arm mount position outdoors, yet. Where are you running the car? Is this for 17.5 or Mod? Have you tried #0 position B, yet?
It's for 17.5 at Wagner. Seems like no matter where I make adjustments, the car is on ice. If you're at the track tomorrow, I'll show you.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

It's for 17.5 at Wagner. Seems like no matter where I make adjustments, the car is on ice. If you're at the track tomorrow, I'll show you.
Yeah, I'll be there. Sounds like you have a dampening issue. You have a PM
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hello,
Anyone tried the tc6 smokem chassis ?
It seems to have more hole around the bulkhead.
Is it for hinge pin blocks like other touring cars by Tamiya, Yokomo and Hot Bodies ??
Sebastien
Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
First night of racing with it. So it's always been this way

Thanks all for the help. That's a bunch of stuff to try for next week.
Try this setup from petitrc.com mike king vta, worked for me.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=cdwilliams1;12381610]Any ideas for a car that loves to fish tail? Steering is fantastic but the rear end keeps breaking loose. TC6.1 Worlds built to the manual's stock setup (except for a gear diff up front). Running on ozite carpet, VTA tires, Saucing all 4 with sticky fingers about
Old 09-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=gearit;12530525]
Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
Any ideas for a car that loves to fish tail? Steering is fantastic but the rear end keeps breaking loose. TC6.1 Worlds built to the manual's stock setup (except for a gear diff up front). Running on ozite carpet, VTA tires, Saucing all 4 with sticky fingers about
Rear toe 3*
Blue springs rear
Shock mount all the way in on the rear tower
Old 09-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

depends on where in the turn it's breaking loose. Sounds like coming out of turns?

A few areas to start: double-check droop, soften the rear springs a little bit, increase rear diff weight
Old 09-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

doe anyone know if associated is working on a new car? or its on the back burner at the moment? im doing really well with my worlds car but I feel its bit behind, design wise with other manufacturers.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I heard from a friend in the industry that they are working on it for several months, but never actually saw anything...
I would be in a market for one even though anything we have seen from other companies made no difference in performing better on track regarding laptimes only. AE made a huge step from TC5 to TC6. The car drives much better and is easier to handle on the limit. I am not sure if it makes sense to offer another normal chassis like everyone else (short shocks, floating servo mount, etc.). What I would like to see is a manufacturer focussing his efforts on the suspension and not on chassis flex characteristics as there is much more time gain potential hidden there...

So I am hoping for a revolution while expecting the boring standard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.