Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 AM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Yes TC6 seems to like running higher roll center specially on the rear.. Car likes shorter link... I tried running it with lower roll center like what the pro was running at the REEDY race this year car was horrible...
I found the same results here. Tried running lower roll center at all 4 lower arms and the car wasn't good. Went back to 0B and the car is much better at the corners. Don't know why. May be it's just the way this chassis is.

Last edited by gom; 08-14-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gom
I found the same results here. Tried running lower roll center at all 4 lower arms and the car wasn't good. Went back to front 0B and the car is much better at the corners. Don't know why. May be it's just the way this chassis is.
So can you share all setup?

regards
m
Old 08-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can anyone share some setup tips running VTA with this chassis?

Biggest difference between VTA and Touring is the weight (VTA 1550g min) and tires, and speed. I was just going to use the Touring setup I had which I really liked and then go from there, but some advise would be helpful.

Thx.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Wade....

Biggest difference between VTA and Touring is the weight (VTA 1550g min) and tires, and speed. I was just going to use the Touring setup I had which I really liked and then go from there, but some advise would be helpful.

Thx.
for starter's move the servo to the other side of the car . so the car is equally balanced , you will have to switch the servo saver to the (left) instead of the (rigth) , there is one hole already there on the left side of the chassis for the servo , you just have to drill another one. make sure the servo is in the same location as it was on the rigth side . but now its on the left . and in my vta im running the same setup vta /sedan at mmr direct .
Old 08-15-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

A+New Option Parts
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-ap-11017.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snowmobile2004
for starter's move the servo to the other side of the car . so the car is equally balanced , you will have to switch the servo saver to the (left) instead of the (rigth) , there is one hole already there on the left side of the chassis for the servo , you just have to drill another one. make sure the servo is in the same location as it was on the rigth side . but now its on the left . and in my vta im running the same setup vta /sedan at mmr direct .
I would like to see that. Pic please.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AJSanDiego
Looking for some help setting up my 6.1 for parking lot racing here in San Diego. This is the track layout (may change a little but not much). Rough - bumpy areas with medium traction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1COR...9&feature=plcp

Here is the setup sheet I am following:

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...CA2_6-2012.pdf

Seems i am sliding a lot and can't carry speed through the corners. Some is prolly due to me being a noob but I know how to spot/follow a race line. Running a revtech 17.5 (no boost or esc timing) with gearing @ 69/37 so ~ 3.73 fdr. I have a Tekin RS in there now with the choice of an LRP Sxx Stock Spec v2. Usually start with sorex 36s in the am and move to 40s as the asphalt heats up.

I just can't seem to get the times out of the car the fast guys are getting. Not even close as they are regularly running 4 or 5 laps more pre qual/main than I am and some of the "stock" sedans pull away from me on the straight.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Give this mod a try on your Lipo battery. We have been getting good feedback on the results.

It will allow your chassis to flex more freely, resulting in increased traction and less sliding.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11072002-post7270.html
Old 08-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer x 1
has anyone seemed to notice that this car likes a higher rollcenter than other cars? ive gone through numerous set up on Petitrc.com and rc10.com and for the most part even in low bite situations more often than not the drivers ran 0B arm mounts or something close to this. now from my experience a lower roll center will allow the car to roll more and have more grip so how could it be that in low bite most ran such a high roll center for the lower arm mounts a few of the other fast guys have been trying to guide my in the right direction for my set up but my car is still not carrying the corner speed I would like it too. could a " higher" roll center theoretically allow the car to carry more speed? Sorry im kinda thinking out loud and looking for some input I just found this odd.
Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Yes TC6 seems to like running higher roll center specially on the rear.. Car likes shorter link... I tried running it with lower roll center like what the pro was running at the REEDY race this year car was horrible...
I posted Juho's Worlds Setujp featuring 3B arm mounts all around. Can;t get any higher than that.

For some reason the high roll center works better. We accidentally discovered this with the TC5 back in 2008 and have been running high until recently where we have tried to run lower settings thinking that this is the way it should be. But higher consistently runs better on AE cars so even if it does not seem right, it works.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:31 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thx.
I'm currently running the 2B roll center and short links on my car in VTA. The car is running much quicker and is carrying much better corner speed. I haven't tried the 3B position yet but will soon just to see how it compares. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowmobile2004
I am running a 2S 25.5 setup. snowmobile2004 is running a different setup with a 1S 17.5 under different rules. I'm glad I don't have to do these kind of mods to be fast in my club and conditions.

Originally Posted by ASM
I'm currently running the 2B roll center and short links on my car in VTA. The car is running much quicker and is carrying much better corner speed. I haven't tried the 3B position yet but will soon just to see how it compares. Good luck.
Good info thanks! Are you running stiffer springs when compared to most Touring setups?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)

Thx.
Biggest thing I imagine for you guys is running a set-up that generates quite a bit of grip and body roll because a significant groove doesn't have the opportunity to develop over a race day. Softer springs, lower weight oils, bigger pistons, etc should all help to generate more grip. Stick with higher roll centers, like some have posted it just works better on the AE cars. Also, don't start making any significant changes until you have the tires scrubbed/broken in. Fresh tires are low on traction (albeit fast) but I don't think you want to put new tires on every other week when the tires have such a long life after break in.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I am running a 2S 25.5 setup. snowmobile2004 is running a different setup with a 1S 17.5 under different rules. I'm glad I don't have to do these kind of mods to be fast in my club and conditions.

Good info thanks! Are you running stiffer springs when compared to most Touring setups?
Actually, I'm running silvers all the way around. I should state I'm focusing on a carpet set-up for the Nashville race but I anticipate it should be pretty close when I go back to race outdoors at Kissimmee R/C Raceway.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 AM
gom
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
So can you share all setup?

regards
m
Sure. I am basically running Rick Hohwart's asphalt setup from March this year with slight changes to fit my mid size home track (60 x 40). Also because i am running a TC6. Here is his setup.

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...401/index.html

The changes I made are as follow:
FRONT:
shock position: 3B (TC6 arms)
outer ball and shim: black 1mm
anti roll bar: silver (TC6 roll bar)
springs: RSD yellow

BACK:
wheel base: 2mm
shock position: 3B (TC6 arms)
anti roll bar: black (TC6 roll bar)
springs: Tamiya yellow
differentials: ball diff

I was running blinky 17.5 (3.5 FDR) on a medium grip asphalt track. slightly bumpy. used Sorex 32 tires. The characteristic of this setup is that it pushes a little going into corners. has good traction mid corner. And then it provides excellent exit corner steering and grip. It's very easy to drive consistently lap after lap.

I tried roll center 2A in the front and 3A in the back, and also 3A all around. The car had less traction comparing to 3A front 0B back. So I went back to that setting.

I would like the car to have a little more steering going into corners. I tried different things but nothing worked as I am not really good at setup. If someone here tried Rick's March Asphalt setup and have figured something out. Please let me know.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gom
I tried roll center 2A in the front and 3A in the back, and also 3A all around. The car had less traction comparing to 3A front 0B back. So I went back to that setting.

I would like the car to have a little more steering going into corners. I tried different things but nothing worked as I am not really good at setup. If someone here tried Rick's March Asphalt setup and have figured something out. Please let me know.
So with 3A front and 0B car back to be fast in corner again.

Ok, when need more stering when entering corner did you just try slow more then normal ??? (my case).

Just put black swaybar to front (thin one then silver) it could help.
Maybe 0.5mm more drop at front (downstop), then when slowing down car will transfer more weight to front axle and will better turn to 1st stage of corner.

Also what body? ltc-r? I found in my case that slighty moved ltc-r to front is better for me (rear wing moved max outside on mounts) but I drive modified.

Btw what diff? gear one? just try 3000 ae diff oil or 5000 (my favorite, car is very stable, lost some turn in but from midcorner just add th and it's shut off faster then on thin diff oil's).

Also 1st try on car just move lipo to front, you can also test which side is better in car, in my case I use all around lipo to front, tubes 4mm to rear side (havy side of lipo is at front), few g of weight but it change car to better
It's on limit when is alost changing from slighty underster to very small oversteer

uff, long, sorry for my englis, I still try do my best
m.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

need a good srevo under 50 bucks from a main and ill buy it. thank you post a link up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.