Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ipanima 47mm wides 50 shore on all 4 corners > PMT

Other wise PMT > Sweep(unless its a custom sweep)

thats pretty much the tire game here.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I agree with Jai, for the time being to each his own and everyone should run what they feel like. Perhaps down the road Charlie will make a spec class that requires a realistic GT body and a mod class that is open.

I'll continue to run a realistic GT body, since that's why I'm in this class. Whether you run a cf chassis or a Lola type body isn't going to effect my outcome, I have a hell of a lot to learn when it comes to running with you guys.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Our "Street Star" tires were actually designed as a rain tire to track use.

A lot of street racers like them and will be re-releasing them with a wide rear version very soon.

On your shore question:

We offer many rubber tire shores to help racers manage heat levels.
If you wish to read more on the subject click here.

Thanks.

J Speed, You have PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jai and Steve N. can battle it out June 19th @ corona hobbytown while I make the pass on both of them!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Passion
Jai and Steve N. can battle it out June 19th @ corona hobbytown while I make the pass on both of them!

Hell Yeah!!!! WOOHOOO!!! I can hear it being announced now. Got a 3way battle for first.....OHHHHHHHHHHHH Jerry's on Fire. J/K bro!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
What the minimum weight I'll add lead no problem.
Just to answer, adding lead to a chassis deemed NOT SPEC in order to make minimum weight does not make it legal. Since we're pretty much pioneering this "E" class I believe we are running OPEN since 98% of us are running some type of conversion.

No need to run lead bro. Run it as is. We've got a good thing going. No need for scales, tech inspection etc. Plus, the only way I'm gonna get faster is running with faster people. With the current group of GT8E racers, the only one I know of thats running BOX STOCK is Steve D and I know he could care less as well.

As Raman stated, Currently there is no need for a SPEC/OPEN class. In the future, should the class thrive and grow we may need to adopt rules already in place or make our own. Until then, I'm happy with everyone just showing up and wanting to race these awesome cars.

I can't wait to lay the smack down on your lighter purpose built race car with my buggy conversion. hahahahaha.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Jerry's on Fire. J/K bro!
On fire in more ways than one! The road will be on fire, Back to da future style! WOOOOoooooooooo!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just remember my car is about 9 year old I had this car since 2002 still the same gear box the Ultra has never change. All you guys running the DM1 and Losi have all the new gear ratio and better tranny than my Ultra.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, too bad you had issues with your car in that qual Steve. Cuz putting them together is exactly what was happening. Couple of LOW 12's....bunch of 12's. Remember the gap was getting larger and larger before you had issues and had to pull off.

We can go all day about what is considered "cheating" in this "OPEN" class that we run. Think about just your car and what you run on it. The whole thing is C/F. Lighter then everybody's car by at least 2lbs. If you really wanted to get picky with the rules, your car wouldn't be able to compete. I think the 2lb difference is much greater than a body cut out. But that's just me. But seriously, I don't really care about it. I love running with you guys as it is so much fun. I'm glad that we have a group of people that run the class consistently.

However, I have another body I will run w/o the cutout so there will be no "He's winning because of the body" You can continue to run your "cheater" car though. It'll make it that much more satisfying next time out. hahahahahahaha See you all soon.
Now thats funny, don't care what anyone says!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Just remember my car is about 9 year old I had this car since 2002 still the same gear box the Ultra has never change. All you guys running the DM1 and Losi have all the new gear ratio and better tranny than my Ultra.
Your car is in great shape for a car that old! It looks great, handles well and is fast. My Conversion is no newborn either. It's a LOSI 8ight 1.0 buggy that I PRE-ORDERED back in '06. It was raced and beat on at several OFFROAD tracks across CA. We all know how much abuse goes into 1/8th nitro offroad. The only new parts on it are the conversion pieces and the new spur gear I had to replace last time out. I do agree with you though regarding the tranny. Switching over from my previous GTP2E, I did notice that the transmission had much less drag, contributing to the acceleration and extended drive time.

Either way, I Really enjoy racing with you bro. You make me want to go faster and drive better. Listen to the all of the videos of Corona GT8E, you can hear me cracking up in all of them! SOOOO MUCH FUN!

Thanks for bringing GT8E to us in SoCal. I remember when you and Dave Starks came to Corona with them. I was as I am now....HOOOKED!

Last edited by kcunamay; 05-31-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC Passion
On fire in more ways than one! The road will be on fire, Back to da future style! WOOOOoooooooooo!
I believe it! 88mph and then.....GONE! Can't wait bro!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Did you use the Losi E conversion on your car?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe it! 88mph and then.....GONE! Can't wait bro!
And these electric's can pretty much do 88mph too.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just a question, were you really able to shave 2 pounds off your car Steve?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
Just a question, were you really able to shave 2 pounds off your car Steve?
I never weight it but it's pretty light. It probably 7lbs running weight with body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.