Wiki Posts
Search

RCGT....Where is it at now?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I have run mine at a few different tracks, but on a BIG track, gearing around 3.3 would be in the ballpark. I ran mine against an SPX - Duo combo, and the car was pretty close..

Maybe you have a Dud.... it happens sometime...
Hmmm... I could try gearing lower. I'll try a 96/50 combo next and see how that goes. The FDR will be 3.86. If that is not enough, I will try 90/50 which will put me at 3.6. At least the motor is running at only 110. So definitely have room to experiment.

As far as the X-pattern tires being the default spec tire. My hand is up. Sorry to digress from the topic of this thread.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hmmm... I could try gearing lower. I'll try a 96/50 combo next and see how that goes. The FDR will be 3.86. If that is not enough, I will try 90/50 which will put me at 3.6. At least the motor is running at only 110. So definitely have room to experiment.

As far as the X-pattern tires being the default spec tire. My hand is up. Sorry to digress from the topic of this thread.
I'd say everyone at our track is running a 3.5 final + or - .2. I have never seen a Cirtix over 120* F. Most run between 95-110* and we run in 90*+ weather! It's a great system.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Ahh good good. Because our track is indoors and the A/C is constantly turned on for 20 seconds then turned off for the rest of the day. It can turn into an oven in there sometimes. Worse is when humidity kicks in. You can even see the track sweat! LOL!!!

I'll let you all know how it works out.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow

Did I get this right - there is no AC at the track on weekends? I was going to come inside and out of the brutal sun!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Revised and approved rules are posted folks !!! Hope they help everyone continue to enjoy the program that HPI and some great racers created a couple years back. It's still great and it'll get better. We hope the revised rules make getting into RCGT easier and for others we hope it takes some of the stress out of being involved.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-hpi-rcgt.html
Old 06-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldpugva
Did I get this right - there is no AC at the track on weekends? I was going to come inside and out of the brutal sun!
It's fine, as long as you don't do a lot of movement. Other than that, it can get muggy inside!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Rules look good. It would be great if everyone cold adopt these rules (like them or not)so that there is some consistency across the board.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Rick. We hope they help more people than not. Could you post that on the "HPI RCGT" thread ??

Speaking of that. It might be time to let this thread go bye bye folks. Freakah started something that blossomed into a much bigger thing but now we should concentrate on getting back out to the track and sharing those experiences. Get em' out there and talk it up !!. Thanks again.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey mods, how bout puttin a lock on thiis one before it gets corrupted
Old 11-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
26mm - I do believe so.

Different offsets - I'll check. What do you want?

Different wheel designs - possibly, I'll check.

Personally I think the addition of an RTR (hard) compound spec tire pretty much eliminates the diff between 21.5 and 17.5. With good race tires, you can see the grip/punch difference really well, but on these tires on the average outdoor asphalt track - I don't see it. Maybe this is the solution for continuing to standardize on 17.5 and if a group of racers wants an even lower level and run 21.5 - so be it.

On the big picture note, I've noticed some call for "leadership" or a hard rule set to define what pretty much everyone wants, aside from maybe the 21.5/17.5 debate. Would it be helpful if Speed Passion (meaning me) drafts a set of Speed Passion GT-Spec rules? We're moving toward having our own regional and national events anyway in 2011 so it might be a good head start
stay with sp nice,
shawn we want your support at sp thread, or any of your assistance or advice.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Shawn doesn't work for Speed Passion anymore