Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R Gear diff review

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by immrwright7
Also what type of grease? How does this gear diff effect the handling?
around 1k-5k oil
Old 07-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
around 1k-5k oil
Hello Mister,

I just placed an order from your shop and was wondering when you will have them back inn stock?

Thanks,
Eirik Andreassen
Old 07-05-2010, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Instead of the NT1 rear diff. has anyone tried to modify the 3Racing Rear Diff to use on T2 or T3?

Old 07-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Mods to fit the pulley, but other wise its suposed to fit fine. Im ordering mine in another week or two and will do a little write up if no one else has by then

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7121865-post1660.html
I'm a bit confused by previous posts, is the gear diff to be used on the rear only or can it be used on the front as well? Also, am I right to believe that when used on the rear the front needs to run a spool?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corona000
can i get one of the spec r diffs for axray 007?
The two parts that Spec-R has would require you to change your drive axles in order to use the larger 3.5mm ends instead of the 3.0mm ends.

If you change the drive axle to the type of parts used in the T2'008/009 or T3 then you could install the 34 tooth gear diff marketed for the Atomic VM2 mini touring car. Their car accepts XRay 34 tooth diffs (I have my old diff from my T2'008 in mine).

Part Number: VM-067
Link: http://www.egrracing.com/shop/gear-d...ii-p-3774.html
Old 07-05-2010, 03:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
I'm a bit confused by previous posts, is the gear diff to be used on the rear only or can it be used on the front as well? Also, am I right to believe that when used on the rear the front needs to run a spool?
it can be used in either or. i think the ideal location is in the rear. if you use it in the front to replace a spool then you must use some thicker lube like people do in NItro Touring.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

It is the euro version 009,only changes are ecs frnt drives,Thanks
Old 07-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone tried to use the front NT1 gear diff ? Seems easier to modify and adapt to accept a pulley.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Whatever your preference is.

Locally, we use it in place of the ball diff in the rear and continue to run a spool up front.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anyone tried to use the front NT1 gear diff ? Seems easier to modify and adapt to accept a pulley.
I haven't, and I don't have one to look at, but my question would be if there is enough extra material left once the gear is removed to be able to attach the modified diff gear?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

You can use it where ever. The rear is where most will want to use the gear diff though, with a spool in the front

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I haven't, and I don't have one to look at, but my question would be if there is enough extra material left once the gear is removed to be able to attach the modified diff gear?
I wonder what the differences are too. Because it looks like the nt1 front diff is smaller then the rear diff, which might be easier to mount the pulley to?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

I wonder what the differences are too. Because it looks like the nt1 front diff is smaller then the rear diff, which might be easier to mount the pulley to?
thank you 'revo.

I had a closer look and the front NT1 diff lends itself to installing the pulley easier, but the diff outdrive necks are longer, so it needs machining and very close at that. I have a lathe, so I can do it, but it is not sure it will be easier in the end. If I decide to attempt it in the end, I'll post some comments.

the rear diff is easier in that all you need to do is to remove the pulley moulded on top of the bevel gears' casing. The rest remains unchanged.

I have both front and rear NT1 diffs and took some measurements so I am pretty sure of my conclusions.

One question though. In the diff kits there is some paper that looks like gasket paper but in the Xray manuals (NT1) there is no suggestion of what to do with it. Anyone care to comment?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Suspended

thank you 'revo.

I had a closer look and the front NT1 diff lends itself to installing the pulley easier, but the diff outdrive necks are longer, so it needs machining and very close at that. I have a lathe, so I can do it, but it is not sure it will be easier in the end. If I decide to attempt it in the end, I'll post some comments.

the rear diff is easier in that all you need to do is to remove the pulley moulded on top of the bevel gears' casing. The rest remains unchanged.

I have both front and rear NT1 diffs and took some measurements so I am pretty sure of my conclusions.

One question though. In the diff kits there is some paper that looks like gasket paper but in the Xray manuals (NT1) there is no suggestion of what to do with it. Anyone care to comment?
sorry, i am not sure for that??
Old 07-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
The front gear diff doesn't have the pulley moulded into it but it attaches with the diff screws. The front pulley is smaller too.

begintravel, I am not sure what you're asking.

Last edited by niznai; 07-06-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default gear diff for T3 38T

Ask help of dimension x,y as photo?
It is gear diff for T3 38T, i want to use it in TC5R.
But i need to know both dimensions of x, y before i buy this.
Attached Thumbnails Spec-R Gear diff review-gear.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.