Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Depends if you are running on foams or rubber....

Foams, usually use the HEAVY springs(white, orange, black).....while rubber on carpet usually use the medium springs(purple, green, blue).

If yer running foams, its probably wise to pick up some of the 6 degree spindles, as a LOT of people like to run them, as they make the car less twitchy. Most carpet setups use the offset hubs, probably wise to pickup a decent selection of those in the different degrees.

Sway bars are usually always ran in the front on foam carpet, but not always on rear...probably wise to just pick up a front and rear setup.

Like I said though, go to your track, find the fast guys running losis in your class and get their setup.....you can always fine tune it from there with help from us on here....

You will find out though, that the losi will run decent on pretty much any track even with a less than perfect setup....once you get it tuned though, they are amazing.

Make sure you order the NEW belt system LOSA3280, easily worth .1-.2 off your lap times on a larger course, little less on a smaller course.

Later EddieO
Old 02-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the NEW belt system? I have the yellow belt, is there something newer?
Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

yes, order losa3280....its the new longer, stronger belt system. It moves the center pully farther away from the spur, which reduces the kink effect.

Later EddieO
Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

I tried getting them for Horizon yesterday and there were none in stock. You can read about the new parts on the Losi website.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Horizon hasn't even gotten any yet to my knowledge. The first shipment is due in next week from what I am told.

Later EddieO
Old 02-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Great I'll have them in my car and waiting for the season to start.

I put ceramic bearings in my XXX S. Should I clean the grease out and re lube them with oil of leave them alone. They are free, no doubt. I'm just wondering what others are doing.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are people still cutting every other tooth off of the new belt? I did that to the current yellow belt I have and it helped.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Homer, Clean them new bearings. Or you will have a mess next time you serivce them. Grease all over the place.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by pucho
EddieO: thanks for the help

Im planing on racing on carpet , any specific parts that you know of that would help.
Pucho- What is the status with RPM in Orlando? I used to run at CPT and then FCCR in Jacksonville pretty frequently, both of which were fun carpet tracks...I am looking forward to running carpet at RPM soon.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks I'll do it.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the carpet setup info, i busted my chassis last nite, so i thought i should buy all my stuff that i need right now!
Old 02-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default one-way

what is the difference in the (diff,one-way,spool) in the xxx-s i have one and was not sure which one i should use in what situation? also i have made a proto-type (one-way and a diff) for the front of the xxx-4 and wondering if it would work for the onroad car? any help would be great.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

I had a oneway in my xxxs on asphalt and the car was very hard to drive. It's makes it very wandery. I didn't like it at all. The diff performs alot better if you like a stable car. A spool makes your car push from what i've read.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You use a oneway for big sweeping tracks generally. I run them on almost any track now. They give you awesome low speed steering too. So you can run them in techical areas as well. They are very hard to drive mainly because you loose front brakes. This makes the car like to swap ends under braking. but the corner speed you gain is incredible. It takes a long time to learn how to drive a oneway. Diff is kind of one of those things that is OK on most surfaces. They are much easier to drive and you get full 4 wheel brakes. They run diffs on carpet a lot. Spools give massive grip coming out of big sweepers but you get a big low speed push. You'd use this on a track that dosen't really have a very technical side to it. You also have to adjust your driving style a lot to run a spool. It's more of a throw it into the corer style. You also will have full time 4 wheel braking with a spool.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

From what I've heard, there is a general rule for carpet and it has to do with traction, because carpet has so much. On carpet run a standard dif, but one way for asphault. It has to do with traction. There was a article on this topic in one of the current issues recently, I think it was RC Xtreme. It doesn't always work this way, but it explains the concepts behind the differences and why they're run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.