Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by forceusr
I've read that the Graphite Kit is one ounce lighter than stock. The Graphite GP also comes with titanium turnbuckles, and aluminum CVD's (versus steel in the stock kit.)
Rob
wow!.
only one ounce i was expecting a bit more..
oh well. still a nice car.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

I think you may find the Robitronic car was developed by OFNA(or at least manufactured by them), Robitronic market the car in Europe under their name.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ttr- The losi belt tensioner is by far one of the best. It allows you to set the tension as you see fit and as the belt wears. Other cars only have a bearing which in some cases the bearing is too small of the belt slips to the side of it.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have run my XXXS without the bottom cover and have not noticed an increase in speed. I did not like the increased chassis flex. It made the car less predictable. The bottom of the belt is tight under power and under brakes. During transition to brakes it might be loose on the bottom for a moment which gives the drag marks. I don't think it's a problem.

The top of the belt is tight at the rear under power and tight at the front under brakes.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

why would you even attempt to run the car without the bottom cover? I dont see where running without it would give you any more speed.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Well there are three reasons why you might try to run without the bottom cover and full endcaps. One to see if more chassis flex is an advantage. It was not. To see if windage losses around the belt were significant. They were not. To see if belt flutter was actually slowing the car in stock. It was not. At least at ReflexRC indoor asphalt track in my car.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-24-2002 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just curious John as to why you'd want to do that.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

PorscheSuperCup-I thought I answered your question in the post right above yours. A fourth reason would be to see if the car is faster at minimum weight if you are not able to get the full graphite version at the present. With all that said, I prefer running with a sealed driveline on the XXXS. The car just handles better with the extra chassis torsinal stiffness from the complete center box tube frame.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-25-2002 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by taybelZ
wow!.
only one ounce i was expecting a bit more..
oh well. still a nice car.
Well, that's just with the Graphite Kit... the XXX-S GP car that Losi is getting ready to release also comes with those titanium turnbuckles and CVD's, so you'll save a little more weight with those, but it's not going to be much. I've ordered the Graphite upgrade kit for my standard XXX-S, but only because I found it pretty cheap... I wish I had waited until the XXX-S GP came out, but oh well...

Rob
Old 11-25-2002, 12:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Anyone know of a mail order site with the yokomo hex adapters for the TC3 or where I can get XXX-S current graphite parts cheap? I figure they will have a sale soon on the old stuff and for the level of racing I do getting the latest parts doesn't apeal to me.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Anyone know of a mail order site with the yokomo hex adapters for the TC3 or where I can get XXX-S current graphite parts cheap? I figure they will have a sale soon on the old stuff and for the level of racing I do getting the latest parts doesn't apeal to me.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the XXX-S parts page with the new parts that we have in stock and reduced the price of some other parts. Have fun!
Old 11-25-2002, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hello Losi people,

I am looking to buy a new top-of-the-line TC and I have narrowed my choices down to the FTTC3, the Graphite Plus XXXS, or a Yokomo Special. The TC3 attracts me because of it supposedly has a very free drivetrain and many people drive it at my track. The Losi is also very popular at my track, and seems to have the best value. The yokomo I've heard is the best handling car you can buy, and I like driving with one-ways and only the yok includes these standard. Please convince me to buy the XXXS!
Old 11-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Lab-driver
Hello Losi people,

I am looking to buy a new top-of-the-line TC and I have narrowed my choices down to the FTTC3, the Graphite Plus XXXS, or a Yokomo Special. The TC3 attracts me because of it supposedly has a very free drivetrain and many people drive it at my track. The Losi is also very popular at my track, and seems to have the best value. The yokomo I've heard is the best handling car you can buy, and I like driving with one-ways and only the yok includes these standard. Please convince me to buy the XXXS!
Hello Lab-driver

My best suggestion to you is to see if someone at the track will allow you to do a few laps with these vehicles. It is best to get what feels best for your driving style rather than what people say is the flavour of the month.

Personally myself I have a FTTC3, Schuie A2 and a XXXS. now all of these cars are fast yet they don't all work for me. IE I am consistently 2 laps faster with my A2 over my FTTC3. I just got the Losi and it feels close to the schuie in handling. Yet some guys are really fast with the TC3 and don't like the handling of the A2 or Mission.

So again if you can try a few laps before you buy. I know if you were at my club peps would let you try them out if you were seriously looking.

I hope this helps you

Cheers

PaulP
Old 11-25-2002, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Paul-

Good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.