Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Just an update on Losi quality control. Last week I had to call Losi because they did not include the right size rear turnbuckles and then found it was also missing shock shaft and motor mount screws. I have yet to receive any of the parts when they said they were shipping that morning. I could have driven over and back 5 times. Found replacements at LHS When I called Losi,the guy acted like I was disturbing him from his morning coffee.

For you guys that have been running Losi products for years, Is their customer service/quality control always like this or is this just something happening lately?

Stefan: Nice work.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Jared-The caster blocks are the same prototype ones David Spashette was used at Cleveland. Todd has said that they will be comming out with the 6 deg blocks but no ETA yet. Also if you look at Todd's TT setup he was using negative 2 kickup and 6 deg blocks for a total of 4 deg caster.

Chad
Old 03-05-2002, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey thanks for the info about new caster blocks being available in the future. I did not know they were experimenting with 6 degree blocks.

Team Losi customer Service is not that great. I had a problem with them also. He kept saying they were going out but never got them, this went on for 3 weeks. E-mailed Todd Hodge asked him for the same parts had them in 3 days. To me, get rid of the guy in Customer Service and just let Todd take care of it

Just my 2cents
Old 03-05-2002, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Chad, congrats on your regionals victory.......good work man

oh yah, you guys are right. the short shocks are just for the front when using the stock roll center.......sorry for the screw up.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

think it would be alright if just get the shorted front shocks and not the rear? or should I get both? Would it effect the car that much?
Old 03-05-2002, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Blazn. It was a fun race weekend I just wish we could have had a better turn out from the Sea-Tac area. The racing was close in all the classes.

Chad
Old 03-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

ChadK - Yes your right. My mistake.

What is advantage of running negative kickup on the front? What is it doing for the car? I'm guessing this probably should only be used on a smooth track.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

yes Yodace,

if your running the stock roll center, use the regular shocks in the rear and the shorties in the front.....
Old 03-05-2002, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Newracer, the heatsink is from Integy. It comes in silver but I anodized it blue. The bumper is a HPI piece, fits with only minor changes. The brace is graphite (homemade) with Mugen MTX2 body posts.(much more solid)

MDM3, thanks!
Old 03-05-2002, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

is better to use low roll center for carpet? how does the 41 diff gear effect the car for carpet?
Old 03-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Jared- I have not tried running neg kickup. But I think it iis to keep the front end from diving when cornering. This is also called anti-dive by some people. Alot of people believe that caster is caster whether you get it from kickup or caster blocks, but the kickup or down (which is just hinge pin angle) can have dramatic effects on how the car transfers weight. I have not had enough testing time yet to play with it all. Bottom line is you need to experiment alot, during club races if the car is close I like to try a small setup change every round to find out what it does to the car. Currently I have been running 2 deg kickup with 4 deg blocks and if the car is dumping to much going into the corner I will take out the kickup, then I need to find some more steering some where else like stiffen the rear. ope this helps.

Chad
Old 03-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Tried search. Going to sound stupid But which side of the Fear Stratus spoiler do you paint? Really doesn't have any defined lines or look anything like the spoiler on the box.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by MDM3
Tried search. Going to sound stupid But which side of the Fear Stratus spoiler do you paint? Really doesn't have any defined lines or look anything like the spoiler on the box.
Here is my old body. And the only picture that showed the wing. I just painted the outside of the wing. I have seen alot of wings not painted that looked okay too.
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-losixxxs2.jpg  
Old 03-05-2002, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2002, 02:07 AM
Tech Initiate

People are talking about the .28 shafts in the front for LRC but what shafts are peole using for HRC? I use the .28 in front and .36 rear for both high and low roll centers. Is this against convention? I have found that short front and long rear works for both roll center options.

B.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.