2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

The Subaru Liberty/Legacy/B4 won the Australian production class championship, raced over several rounds as part of the Nations cup/GT/Little Aussie racer series.

Try the PROCAR website in Australia, APCC championship.
www.procar.com.au

Last edited by Simon K; 10-05-2004 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Here is the championship winners car(Chris Alajajian)
Attached Thumbnails 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway-7a_prod14_m.jpg  
Old 10-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Here is one.

-But I donīt see any rear wing....
Attached Thumbnails 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway-subaru-legacy.jpg  

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 10-05-2004 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Doucakis
I would like to ask, if possible, from the organization, to create an official document which confirms that for example, Mr. ............. is attending the 2004 R/C world championships in Orlando Florida from October 24 to October 31.

In this respect one might have less trouble trying to explain to airport authorities that tools he/she may carry are not to be used for any bad actions...

I already have to buy motorcleaner, tire additive, CA glue, Butane Gas (for soldering iron) and a number of other things because they are not allowed in the plane. It would be helpfull if we could eliminate to the minimum situations where racers are forced to undergo investigation as if they are a threat to the rest of the passengers...
No comments on the obove?

Anyway, I tried on Sunday TAMIYA's Subaru Legacy B4 body. It was ok but a little too much understeer coming out of the corners. Anyone has any suggestion over which of the below approved bodies would be the best choice for more steering:

1. Protoform Alfa 2.0
2. Protoform Stratus
3. Protoform Stratus 2.0
4. HPI Stratus 2004 (7348)
Old 10-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Attached photo of subaru liberty (legacy) gt raced in Australian Production Car Championships.

Edit: Sorry, Simon beat me to it.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway-liberty_gt.jpg  
Old 10-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Here is one.

-But I donīt see any rear wing....
Like the rear wings on any other shells are "to scale" if there at all?
The only time you'd see that would be the JGTC...

Best of Luck to our NZ competitor(s), Go Darren!(Fatbear) and Mike?(IXLR8NZ)...I had no idea two were going

Last edited by Simon K; 10-05-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Rick has made a very good point....

Adrian, the decision to NOT allow the Sanyo is a huge mistake, as they have delivered the neccesary papers to IFMAR. They just should have been allowed, no matter which quality they have, neither what other matchers have or not. I am sure not many drivers have an approved Tamiya Subaru body now.....

I would not be surprised if Sanyo would take this matter to a higher level. Sanyo has all the right to do so, like GP should have if they were in their situation.

I have no priority to Sanyo or GP, they make both excellent batteries. This is just a matter of an unfair decision against Sanyo which they do not deserve.

No matter what will be decided by IFMAR, for Team Orion/Peak is both fine, we will have both available at the track for our drivers. That is what you call preperation.

Oscar
Old 10-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Simon for the well wishes. Check out the Hobby Direct Forums where I will have reports and gossip etc.

As for the battery situation, I think the only fair thing to do is to run the GP3300 batterys only as only certain manufacturers have the cells and it was said long ago that the Sanyo's wouldn't be allowed this time.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Simon K
The Subaru Liberty/Legacy/B4 won the Australian production class championship, raced over several rounds as part of the Nations cup/GT/Little Aussie racer series.

Try the PROCAR website in Australia, APCC championship.
www.procar.com.au
With the above proof, I agree that the Subaru Liberty/Legacy/B4 should be entitled to be RACING Touring Car.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by John Doucakis
No comments on the obove?

Anyway, I tried on Sunday TAMIYA's Subaru Legacy B4 body. It was ok but a little too much understeer coming out of the corners. Anyone has any suggestion over which of the below approved bodies would be the best choice for more steering:

1. Protoform Alfa 2.0
2. Protoform Stratus
3. Protoform Stratus 2.0
4. HPI Stratus 2004 (7348)

John,

We have not tested the New HPI Stratus, but from the Protoform bodies, Andreas like the Mazda 6 first as it have most steering followed by Stratus 2,0.
Joel feels just opposite and like the Stratus 2,0 most with the Mazda on "2:nd place".
They booth like the Old Stratus, as it is so well balanced, but as Andreas did the Warm-up, he think it lack plenty of steering on this track.
The Alfa seems to require a very different set-up, and the car need to be build around it if you understand what I mean...
So as the rules are right now, we will most probably only bring Stratus 2,0
but if the Mazda by some miracle will be approved in the end, Andreas will choose it.

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 10-06-2004 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re Cells

Hello All

Just as an aside.

In the information sent to the drivers giving the list of allowable products, it doesn't mention the Sanyo 3600 cell.

So while I can appreciate that being 'fair' to Sanyo would be nice, isn't it more important to be 'fair' to the drivers who will have obviously been under the impression that they wern't going to be allowed?

The same obviously applies to body's - the list sent out had some notable ones missing, however with all due respect the cost of a shell is small change compared to the possibly perceived cost of replacing all your cells?

However what both issues demonstrate is that a procedure of homologation, which then gives a fixed list for the year, is required, that way there's plenty of time for internal circulation to check for mistakes and all the drivers know in plenty of time what's legal and what's not.

Oddly enough that's been done in a few individual countries for quite some time...

Last edited by Jim Spencer; 10-06-2004 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mazda6

I don't know if its been mentioned before on here ( I really don't feel like reading all of it) but if it's an issue of wether the Mazda 6 is raced in a series or not, Tri-point Motorsports races a Mazda 6 in the SCCA/Speedchannel Pro Racing series. They are curently working on their second entry (the where using the Protege)
Old 10-06-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

When I sended the same picture to Mike Haswell, EFRA electric chairman, I got this answer....

Hi Anders

A typical American 'World-Series' held in the US for Americans. Caddy ran in GT so is definitely not happening. Mazda 6 is still not a even a 'reasonable' example of the full-sized car.

AFN
Mike

I found that wierd, as I think this one perhaps is the best sample af all bodies representing the real thing.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"Mazda 6 is still not a even a 'reasonable' example of the full-sized car."

That is laughable. After all the other bodies I have seen in the past which were approved, that is hard to believe.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

wow - Mike definitely had some 'attitude'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.